Windows 10: Error code 0xc0090016

Discus and support Error code 0xc0090016 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After I replaced the motherboard, a message saying that I couldn't log in.teams/one drive/outlook are have the same issues. how could I resolve this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Huang_018 and HuangRU, May 29, 2024.

1. Error code 0xc0090016

After I replaced the motherboard, a message saying that I couldn't log in.teams/one drive/outlook are have the same issues. how could I resolve this problem?but i still can use it by my phone and also login by webpage.

:)

Huang_018 and HuangRU, May 29, 2024

2. Error code 0xc0090016

Hello there,

no, I can't live with such solution.

This error 0xc0090016 happens since the mainboard of Lenovo X1 was replaced two weeks ago. Everything worked fine before.

I use Win 10 Enterprise x64, 1703, build 15063.

I erased the fingerprints and cleared the TPM chip. But this does not solve the problem.

What is the reason for this failure? Under what circumstances does this error occur?

Could it be a problem with Bitlocker? Should I decrypt the disk?

Kind Regards

J.S.

Juergens73, May 29, 2024
  3. Error code 0xc0090016

Hello Jason,

the problem is the PIN. Face recognition, fingerprints and others depends on PIN.

This failure happens after hardware has replaced or you recovered your windows 10 from backup/image or s.th. like this. And it seems only happen with AzureAD accounts.

The solution is to disconnect then re-connect
    your AzureAD account. But be aware doing that. You need another local administrator user to ensure to login to your computer. Otherwise, you may loose access to you data after disconnecting your account.

Preparatory Work

Please, always create a local user with administrator rights before disconnecting.

• Settings > Accounts > Other People > Add someone else to this PC
    • select "I don't have this persons's sign-in information"
    • select "Add a user without a Microsoft Account" and create the user (e.g. admin)
    • then click the account > "Change account type" > Account type "Administrator" > OK

There are two options to integrate an AzureAD account. Either as (A) "local user connected to AzureAD" or you login directly using the (B) "AzureAD account".

How to find out which user profile you are using:

open power shell. (win-x > Windows Powershell)

PS:> get-item env:U*

Name Value

---- -----

USERPROFILE C:\Users\***

USERNAME ***

USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE AzureAD

USERDOMAIN AzureAD

If USERDOMAIN is AzureAD, then you login directly with your AzureAD account. Continue with (B).

(A) You have a local user that is connected to AzureAD

• Settings > Accounts > Access work or school
    • Disconnect all accounts
      • Disconnect > confirm "Yes" > Disconnect
      • Enter your local admin user in dialog
    • Restart your computer
    • Login with your local user account
    • Then connect all your work or school accounts again.
      • Connect > klick "Join this device to Azure Active Directory"
      • Enter AzureAD-Mail/Password > Sign in > Join > Done
    • Add your PIN (Sign-in options)
    • Configure additional sign-in options.

(B) You use your AzureAD account to login to your computer

• Prerequisites: be sure if your phone is available to receive verification code by SMS or your preferred media.
    • Login with your AzureAD account
      • Disconnect all accounts (perform step 2 in (A))
      • Restart your computer
    • Note: Be sure you are connected to internet! (use lower-right network connection icon)
    • Login with your local admin user.
      • Assign a AzureAD user to your local admin user: Perform step 5 in (A)

(This process integrates your computer as AD client)
      • Sign-out
    • select "Other user" > enter your AzureAD user (Mail address) and password
    • Now, you should be asked to set up your PIN (you will be asked to enter verification code)
    • Completed! Next, setup your additional sign-in options.

Kind Regards.

Juergens73, May 29, 2024
  4. meloneum Win User

Error code 0xc0090016

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Error code 0xc0090016

1. Error code 0xc0090016 - Similar Threads - Error code 0xc0090016

2. Error code 0xc0090016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0xc0090016: After I replaced the motherboard, a message saying that I couldn't log in.teams/one drive/outlook are have the same issues. how could I resolve this problem?but i still can use it by my phone and also login by webpage....
  3. Error code 0xc0090016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error code 0xc0090016: After I replaced the motherboard, a message saying that I couldn't log in.teams/one drive/outlook are have the same issues. how could I resolve this problem?but i still can use it by my phone and also login by webpage....
  4. Error Code error code 80192EE7 O365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code error code 80192EE7 O365: I have a business account and have previously setup 5 devices with an O365 account, I have sold/ no longer use 3 of them and am looking to use one of my licences on a new 6th but would be 3rd active computer under this user. I went to the O365 activations list and removed the...
  5. Error Code error code 80192EE7 O365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code error code 80192EE7 O365: I have a business account and have previously setup 5 devices with an O365 account, I have sold/ no longer use 3 of them and am looking to use one of my licences on a new 6th but would be 3rd active computer under this user. I went to the O365 activations list and removed the...
  6. Error Code Code: 0x80070070

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code Code: 0x80070070: Im sorry but this is by far the worst system I've ever seen. When you need to google each step to find out where to change the storage location or to know how to uninstall a game because you can't add the feature in your microsoft store... I've changed everything, has over...
  7. Error Code

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code: I'm getting this message when i was trying to purchase stuff [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code/a1a81937-3fc4-46f6-807c-3a94589f3ec3"
  8. Error Codes

Error Codes: Error code 8004E00F - COM + https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-codes/fa6454d6-16cd-4124-9e4d-3e070e62cd17
  9. ERROR CODES

ERROR CODES: HI I am getting 7 ERROR codes all numbered 0x80070015 I have tried all the things that was sugested by the laptop but none of them work can anybody help? Derick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-codes/af8e253a-be17-4eeb-af3c-eb0e7649ff92
  10. Error Code: Error Code 0x80070079

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code: Error Code 0x80070079: Further to my most recent post I forgot to mention that I also need help fixing Error Code 0x80070079 which I get when trying to copy music files from my computer to an external drive. Thank you....