Windows 10: Error code on power for USB

Discus and support Error code on power for USB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an ASUS X202E Notebook computer. It had Windows 8.1 on it. After I changed to windows 10, I am getting a USB error code and My usb drives do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darispugh1, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Error code on power for USB

I have an ASUS X202E Notebook computer. It had Windows 8.1 on it. After I changed to windows 10, I am getting a USB error code and My usb drives do not work. This error code shows up within 15 or so minutes after computer is turned on. this only show up after I changed over to Window 10.

:)

Darispugh1, Jul 8, 2018
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-39

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Error code on power for USB

Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Error code on power for USB

1. Error code on power for USB - Similar Threads - Error code power

2. Error codes and disappearing usbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error codes and disappearing usbs: I have been using a cruzerglide 256gb usb for mp3 files. I recently bought a sandisk ultra usb 3.0 w/512 gb. Trying to transfer mp3 files to the cruzer glide from the sandisk ultra. When starting, the computer recognizes the cruzer but when I attempt a transfer, gives error...
  3. Error codes and disappearing usbs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error codes and disappearing usbs: I have been using a cruzerglide 256gb usb for mp3 files. I recently bought a sandisk ultra usb 3.0 w/512 gb. Trying to transfer mp3 files to the cruzer glide from the sandisk ultra. When starting, the computer recognizes the cruzer but when I attempt a transfer, gives error...
  4. Error codes and disappearing usbs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Code 10 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Code 10 error: USB Code 10 error still present after 2 Preview builds updates.only 1 USB port working.This USB issue was present few months ago also.Need fix fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-code-10-error/78591566-855f-432d-9984-242463b90c80
  6. USB Code 10 error

USB Code 10 error: USB Code 10 error still present after 2 Preview builds updates.only 1 USB port working.This USB issue was present few months ago also.Need fix fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-code-10-error/78591566-855f-432d-9984-242463b90c80
  7. USB Error Code 38

USB Error Code 38: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have been getting the error code 38 for any USB device that I use. If I restart my computer put the USB in, then it will work. But if I take it out and then put it back in I get the error code 38. It does not matter if I use safely eject...
  8. USB Error Code 38

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Error Code 38: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have been getting the error code 38 for any USB device that I use. If I restart my computer put the USB in, then it will work. But if I take it out and then put it back in I get the error code 38. It does not matter if I use safely eject...
  9. USB Error Code 38

10. "Power Surge on USB Port" Error

"Power Surge on USB Port" Error: I've been using my same Xbox One controller for years now, but tonight I tried using it with a USB extender and now I am getting the "Power Surge on USB Port" error when I plug the controller in. I do not get this error when plugging other devices into the USB, so I know the...