Windows 10: keep getting error code 0xc0000005 when trying to either open a app or when shutting down my pc

Discus and support keep getting error code 0xc0000005 when trying to either open a app or when shutting down my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting error code 0xc0000005 when trying to either open a app or when shutting down my computer is there a way that I can repair this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BryceF250, Aug 20, 2018.

1. BryceF250 Win User

keep getting error code 0xc0000005 when trying to either open a app or when shutting down my pc

I keep getting error code 0xc0000005 when trying to either open a app or when shutting down my computer is there a way that I can repair this problem. I am currently using windows 10.

:)

BryceF250, Aug 20, 2018

2. Error code 0xc0000005

Hi Samuel,

If running your antivirus software to scan for malicious programs does not help, I suggest disabling Data Execution Prevention. It's a built-in feature on Windows for protecting your computer. Some programs may not be compatible with this feature and opening
    the app or game will cause 0xc0000005 error.

To disable it, log in using an admin account and follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + R, type sysdm.cpl and press
      Enter.
    2. Click the Advanced tab > Settings button.
    3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
    4. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    5. Click Add and open the problematic executable file/game.
    6. Click OK.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 27, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    GameBar.exe, version: 2.24.1812.5004, Exception code: 0xc0000005

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error code that you have provided: 0xc0000005
    is usually due to access violation. You can read more about it in article:

You receive a "0xc0000005 Access violation" error message
    . A hotfix is also provided in the same article.

Alternatively you can try few more things:

Method 1: Try the steps provided in the article:
    Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Method 2: Reset the Xbox app.

1. Open Settings app from Start Menu or using WIN+I hotkey.
    2. Then
      click on Apps and make sure you’re in Apps & features section.
    3. Click on Xbox app and then click on Advance options.
    4. Then click on Reset.

Method 3: Reinstall XBOX App.

1. Open Powershell and run it as Administrator. To open it, you can right click on Start menu.
    2. Then type the following command:
      Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Restart your computer.

If you need any additional help, please provide the event viewer logs so that we can do the research and get back to you.

Hope it helps.

Happy New Year. Have a great year ahead!

Naresh_K, May 27, 2020
  4. keep getting error code 0xc0000005 when trying to either open a app or when shutting down my pc

error code 0xc0000005

Hi,

The error code 0xc0000005 usually appears in the following situations: access violation error, application is unable to start & Windows installation error.

Here is a guided walk-through that provides steps to help to resolve issues with Windows Updates. Be sure to follow the steps in order:

Fix Windows Update issues.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 27, 2020
Thema:

keep getting error code 0xc0000005 when trying to either open a app or when shutting down my pc

1. keep getting error code 0xc0000005 when trying to either open a app or when shutting down my pc - Similar Threads - keep getting error

2. Windows keeps shutting down when i open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps shutting down when i open it: Hi, I have been dealing with a problem at my PC, sometimes when I remove the battery of my PC and reput it in, And i tried opening my Laptop it will power on for 3 seconds then immediately shutdowns. It will take me 1 hour to make it power on without it shutting down. By the...
  3. Windows keeps shutting down when i open it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps shutting down when i open it: Hi, I have been dealing with a problem at my PC, sometimes when I remove the battery of my PC and reput it in, And i tried opening my Laptop it will power on for 3 seconds then immediately shutdowns. It will take me 1 hour to make it power on without it shutting down. By the...
  4. Windows keeps shutting down when i open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Programs open when I try to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs open when I try to shut down: Every time I try to shut down my PC, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word open up; and system settings. Why? I have a feeling it might be something to do with my new keyboard because it only started happening when I got it. Also, my mouse sensitivity is stupidly high on...
  6. AcStBmhE.exe error when shutting down pc

AcStBmhE.exe error when shutting down pc: AcStBmhE.exe error when shutting down pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acstbmheexe-error-when-shutting-down-pc/a38f41a0-9cb9-4fe0-a7a6-5e5fd7928d65
  7. "Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?

"Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?: Hello when i try to shut down my computer it says "this app is preventing you from shutting down" however I have no apps open. I went to the event viewer and this error comes up "The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: nsload.exe." I went back and it has...
  8. Error 0xc0000005 When trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc0000005 When trying to update windows: Please take the time to read through all the solutions ive currently tried i posted any information that may be of use. I have done research and tried many "solutions" to fix this error but none have worked. im currently on Windows 10 version 1909 Specs sheet is right...
  9. Error message when shutting down the PC?

Error message when shutting down the PC?: When I shut down my PC I get a message that I can't read because it disappears immediately and the typical Windows sound is also I ask for your help Fehlermeldung beim Herunterfahren vom PC?
  10. No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down

No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down: Microsoft Edge started not responding- couldn't turn it off and it wouldn't search. I can't open anything file wise. I can look in the file- just not open. Settings, Windows icon, nothing will open. I have done two hard resets. I was able to reach and run defender by...
Tags: