Windows 10: Error DISM restorehealth

Discus and support Error DISM restorehealth in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I use the Windows DVD 10 and option 3 with IMAGE_HEALTH and have an error 50: http://www.eightforums.com/performan...upt-files.html... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by didpoy, Sep 21, 2015.

1. didpoy Win User

Error DISM restorehealth

didpoy, Sep 21, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

DISM ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f

16299 is what is important the .248 or other doesn't matter with dism the original dism.exe will stay the same 16299.15 until the Spring build is finalized about the end of april. Then its number might be 180xx.15

Problem looks like you are actually missing a windows file & running Dism against the iso hopefully will replace that missing or corrupt file with a new copy from the iso.

'Mike P, Sep 21, 2015
  3. VanieMae Win User
    DISM ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f

So you're saying that if I did do the media creation tool, then created an ISO then did the instructions that you gave me will fix the problem?

And also can I save the iso file (the created Windows ISO) in a drive is that is not empty?

VanieMae, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Error DISM restorehealth

you are using the Dism /restorehealth /source option...

You stated you using windows 10 setup media DVD..

Are you running the program on a windows 10 host pc ??

Also the program was tested using the windows 10 setup media created from here > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

And if you could post a pic of the expanded cmd windows showing the error, would be nice to see..

5. didpoy Win User
    i'am french and i use french langage.

Windows 10 on my personnal PC with licence

I downloaded the ISO MediaCreator Tool and engraved with the ISO to DVD.

I inserted the DVD and the software that manages the CISD / Source recognizes my drive well

But I have this error

didpoy, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    well the program finds the install.wim / install.esd and copies it to a temp folder..
    then the program mounts the install.wim / install.esd into another temp folder
    then the program runs the dism /restoreheatlh cmd pointing to that mounted version of \windows..

try this SXS version of the cmd - as it points to the mounted version of \windows\winsxs

Note: Place extracted file into same folder as image_health.cmd - see if that works for you

7. didpoy Win User
    re

Thank you

Friday I'll try because I am traveling.

I will return to the results.

thanks good

didpoy, Sep 22, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

Error DISM restorehealth

The IMAGE_HEALTH_SXS.cmd doesn't work for me either with install.wim created by media creation tool (and neither does normal dism /source).

IMAGE HEALTH - Version WinSxS 09.23.2015 Code: =============================================================================== Found Source Install.wim on Drive F: =============================================================================== =============================================================================== MOUNTING THE SOURCE INSTALL.WIM AS THE REPAIR SOURCE =============================================================================== 1 file(s) copied. Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Error: 11 An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log =============================================================================== Dism is restoring the online image health. This will take several minutes.. =============================================================================== Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384 [==========================100.0%==========================] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Error: 50 The request is not supported. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log Press any key to continue . . .[/quote] dism.log snippet Code: 2015-09-23 22:31:54, Warning DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=1292 [ReadWimHeaderError DISM restorehealth :(1723) -> version/header mismatch] D:\Users\Hali\Downloads\IMAGE_HEALTH_SXS\Temp\install.wim (HRESULT=0x8007000B) - CWimManager::WimProviderMsgLogCallback [1292] [0xc144012e] 2015-09-23 22:31:54, Error DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=1292 [WIMCreateFileError DISM restorehealth :(425) -> Fail to read WIM header] D:\Users\Hali\Downloads\IMAGE_HEALTH_SXS\Temp\install.wim (HRESULT=0x8007000B) - CWimManager::WimProviderMsgLogCallback 2015-09-23 22:31:54, Error DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=1292 TID=8168 WIM open failed. - CWimImageInfo::Mount(hr:0x8007000b) 2015-09-23 22:31:55, Error DISM DISM Imaging Provider: PID=1292 TID=8168 base\ntsetup\opktools\dism\providers\imagingprovider\dll\genericimagingmanager.cpp:817 - CGenericImagingManager::InternalOpMount(hr:0x8007000b) 2015-09-23 22:31:55, Error DISM DISM Imaging Provider: PID=1292 TID=8168 base\ntsetup\opktools\dism\providers\imagingprovider\dll\genericimagingmanager.cpp:737 - CGenericImagingManager::InternalCmdMount(hr:0x8007000b) 2015-09-23 22:31:55, Error DISM DISM Imaging Provider: PID=1292 TID=8168 base\ntsetup\opktools\dism\providers\imagingprovider\dll\genericimagingmanager.cpp:535 - CGenericImagingManager::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x8007000b)[/quote] dism.zip

Note that the wim from MeidiaCreation tool doesn't work in Windows ADK System Image Mounter either... Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Page 18 - Windows 10 Forums

Perhaps it is not really a wim - it seems a bit small at 2.7GB or x64 en-US. I've re-downloaded it through media creation tool with no change - I'll try downloading the ISO from your link above instead.

9. Kyhi Win User
    @ Halasz

Use the ISO download from post 2 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench
    not the media creation tool

the media creation tool creates a locked wim - it is locked by the Mediameta.xml file
    and I believe is the issue

Error 11 - install.wim did not mount

Error 50 - files not present

Because wim did not mount..

[removed]

You do have the BIN folder in the same directory as the > image_health.CMD ???

[removed]

10. lx07 Win User
    Thanks, I will try - I'm on 23% of download and have another 5h40m to go to (my connection is rather slow).

11. lx07 Win User
    Have downloaded from the link - install.win is now 3.48GB instead of the 2.7GB from the media creation tool (both x64 en-US).

It now mounts (which it didn't before) but still the same 0x800f081f error:

*Name: dism.zip Views: 22 Size: 30.5 KBdism.zip

Based on Windows 10 DISM error: 0x800f081f - Super User I tried downloading and adding the 2 cumulative patches with:
    Code: Dism /Image:"%~dp0Temp\Mount" /add-package /packagepath:"%~dp0Temp\Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081452)" Dism /Image:"%~dp0Temp\Mount" /add-package /packagepath:"%~dp0Temp\Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3095020)"[/quote] but the error was the same.

12. Kyhi Win User
    twp things..

Executing command line: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:"D:\Users\Hali\Downloads\IMAGE_HEALTH\IMAGE_HEALTH_SXS\Temp\Mount\windows\winsxs" /LimitAccess

Place the "Image_health" folder on C - you are running the command 9 folders deep...
    Place Image_health-sxs.cmd inside "image_health" folder
    Image health sxs cmd was and is only a TEST cmd
    Image-health is the normal cmd...

[removed]

"C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" post the CBS.log

Also dism /scanhealth gives a better file report in the dism.log

Your damaged files appear to be that from a windows update, as windows update files are not on setup media..

step 1 delete current dism and cbs log files
    step 2 run Image_Health.cmd - option 1 = scanhealth
    step 3 run Image health - option 2 = restorehealth
    step 4 run image health - option 3 = restorehealth /source
    step 5 post dism.log and cbs.log (note: you can post logs as .txt > cbs.txt dism.txt)

13. lx07 Win User

Error DISM restorehealth

I had to put it on root of D: as I've only 8GB free on C which isn't enough as the copied wim is 3.5 GB and mount directory expands wim to take an additional 10.7GB.

step 1. OK
    step 2. said repairable.
    step 3. "The operation completed successfully"
    step 4. "The operation completed successfully" (but then there was nothing to repair anymore)
    step 5. CBS.txt, dism.txt

sfc /scannow now finishes with no integrity violations.

Perhaps I was running it in wrong order before jumping straight in at step 3. It seems that option 3 restore-health /source option didn't work as this was the corrupt file:

amd64_microsoft-windows-microsoftedge_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16431_none_19399ca28acb6684\MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png

but the only file in D:\IMAGE_HEALTH\Temp\Mount\Windows\WinSxS was

amd64_microsoft-windows-microsoftedge_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_193830228accc4c7

So like you said from Windows update...

Does this sound right to you - the /source /limit-access will not fix anything updated by Windows update? So to repair in such a case you'd need to somehow or other track down the correct .msu and add it to D:\IMAGE_HEALTH\Temp\Mount with dism /add-package?

I don't have a problem any more I'm just curious - and thanks for the script - it is really nice having all the options in one place..

14. didpoy Win User
    re

1) I downloaded the Windows version 10 that corresponds me TechBench
    2) Mounted ISO
    3) Preview: IMAGE_HEALTH.zip on the root C:
    4) Unlocked: IMAGE_HEALTH.CMD
    5) Launched administrator IMAGE_HEALTH.CMD
    6) Selection of Option 3
    For me, everything went well with no errors:
    I launched a sfc / Scannow no errors and everything is ok now.

Thank you for the help that solved the problem in my case.

Best regards

didpoy, Sep 24, 2015
  15. Kyhi Win User
    Glad it finally worked out for the both of you..

a mounted Windows 10 Pro - install.wim - has 13,038 folders inside the Windows\winsxs folder

when you use the install.wim as the repair /source = it does not contain any windows updates...

What I would recommend (now that the corruption is repaired) is make a backup of the WINSXS folder = as that is the actual repair /source for the online OS image...

/limitacces = prevents the use of the windows update server as a repair /source

thus in theory removing the /limtaccess - should allow dism to use the windows update server as a repair /source

So, in fact there are 3 repair /source (s)
    install.wim
    winsxs folder
    MS updates

what is often found, is that most of the file corruption reports come from windows updates.. thus /limitaccess

Thema:

Error DISM restorehealth

1. Error DISM restorehealth - Similar Threads - Error DISM restorehealth

2. [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Hi, I was trying to execute the DISM command successfully:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut got this error:Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19044.2251 Error: 998 Invalid access to memory location. The DISM...
  3. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: I am trying to fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80131505. I was recommended to run DISM RestoreHealth and have run into this problem. Any help would be much appreciated....
  4. DISM restorehealth error 0x800f081f and analyzecomponentstore error 0x800f0900

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM restorehealth error 0x800f081f and analyzecomponentstore error 0x800f0900: HiMy Windows 10 doesn't boot with error 0xc000021a.Startup repair didn't fix the problem.Check disk doesn't find any issues.SFC just says can't operate the request without any error codes.DISM component cleanup gets completed successfully just in 20% and doesn't go further...
  5. dism /RestoreHealth get Error: 0x800f081f

dism /RestoreHealth get Error: 0x800f081f: All commands run in the environment with the highest administrator authority dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:j:\sources\install.esd /index:4Hal : acpiapic Version: 10.0.19041Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844Image Version: 10.0.19042.928 It's...
  6. DISM RestoreHealth failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM RestoreHealth failure: Ran the DISM routine on my old laptop, but the needed RestoreHealth operation failed. [img] Any way to fix this short of a repair install? 168529
  7. fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f

fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f: i was installing updates in win 10. I got error Error code: (0x80073712). to solve this I sed cmd dism commands. then got the error mentioned in subject line. how to fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f?...
  8. DISM Online Restorehealth Error

DISM Online Restorehealth Error: Hello there... I've been trying to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth on my Windows 10 Home, but it keeps telling me that it does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Of course I'm not running WinPE 10. Can anyone help? 34972
  9. DISM RestoreHealth failing with Error: 0x800f081f

DISM RestoreHealth failing with Error: 0x800f081f: Hi, I'm trying to use DISM to repair a corrupt file and the command keeps failing with Code: Error: 0x800f081fThe source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information...
  10. DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f

DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f: [img] 0 I have a user who has a Lenovo notebook recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. He complained that it is very sluggish and Internet Explorer is extremely sluggish since the upgrade to Windows 10. I ran SFC /scannow with this result: Windows Resource Protection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 425 dism