Windows 10: Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement

Discus and support Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am having problems changing the password of the local administrator in Windows 10 Home. Before, I can use a simple password without any... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kiukitsu, Jun 16, 2018.

1. kiukitsu Win User

Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement

Hi,

I am having problems changing the password of the local administrator in Windows 10 Home.
    Before, I can use a simple password without any complexity. I noticed the changes the first time I used Microsoft Outlook and added my email in the company I am working with. Windows suddenly asked me to change my password with a complexity so I changed it. But I don't want to use complex password when logging in to my PC. I tried to change my password to my simple password but I receive the following error:

"The password you entered doesn't meet password policy requirements. Try one that's longer or more complex."

Upon research, this can be fixed in Local Group Policy. However, I can't find this anywhere in my PC. Even gpedit.msc and secpol.msc are not existing. I learned that these are not supported in Windows Home. But why is there a password policy requirement? I can't change my password to a simple one.

Now I am lost. I don't know how to remove the password policy requirements without the Local Group Policy.

Note: This is just a local administrator account, not a Microsoft account.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

:)

kiukitsu, Jun 16, 2018
  2. Berton Win User

NO Internet - Wlan password change not possible!

Are you seeing your Router in the Wireless Connection list when clicking on the icon in the Notification area? If so, clicking your Router's name in that list should give a choice to connect then enter the password you set in the Router. That routine works also in Linux and Mac OS X, not exactly OS/Operating System specific. The afore-mentioned list will usually show a number of Routers around you, most will have a very low strength and should be passworded or locked.

Berton, Jun 17, 2018
  3. The password you entered doesn't meet password policy requirements.

Pro

Windows 10 Pro ver 1709 build 16299.309

already did that 2 days ago

no change

from Group Policy Management

Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Account Policy - Password Policy

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history:
    0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age: 0

Minimum password age: 0 days

Minimum password length: 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption: Disabled

from Local Security Policy (secpol.msc)

Security Settings - Account Policy - Password Policy

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history: 0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age: 0

Minimum password age: 0 days

Minimum password length: 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption: Disabled

RAGriffith, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement

Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement

1. Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement - Similar Threads - Error changing password

2. Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Doesn't Require Password When Signing In: I cannot change the Account > Sign In Options > "If you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" The option is greyed out with "Authentication is not required when this PC wakes from sleep.I don't know who in their right mind would want their PC to...
  3. Password policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy: I searched Can I sign into Windows without a password? in MS Support.I accessed an article that claimsYou can also change password policy so that you don't need to enter your password each time you wake the PC from sleep. On the Sign-in options page, under Password policy,...
  4. Password policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password policy: I searched Can I sign into Windows without a password? in MS Support.I accessed an article that claimsYou can also change password policy so that you don't need to enter your password each time you wake the PC from sleep. On the Sign-in options page, under Password policy,...
  5. Error: This information is required when trying to change password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: This information is required when trying to change password: I wish to change password Win 10, Insider Review latest and get the: "This information is required.” message many times!. My old password is correct, but not strong in my opinion that s why wanna change BUT I CANNOT. Typed in many failed attempts, though it is 8 ch long,...
  6. Windows password doesn't change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows password doesn't change: So I changed my Win10 password: Settings>Accounts>Sign-In options>Password>Change. It still takes my old password when logging into Windows though (and the new one doesn't work). Does anyone know what I have done wrong? submitted by /u/S4NKT3G [link] [comments]...
  7. No password required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  8. Group Policy for password change doesn't work on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Group Policy for password change doesn't work on windows 10: Hi All, I have an issue between my Domain Controller (Windows Server 2016 1907) and my Windows 10 clients (different version, but most of all they are .1909). In my LAN I have also Windows 7 clients, but it seems all is working good. So I need to create a Group Policy to...
  9. Unexpected required password / pin change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unexpected required password / pin change: A little while ago, a family member was unable to log in to her laptop with Windows 10. She has had the password and used it many times. This time, she was prompted to reset her password, which was verified in an email seemingly from MS. Then she was prompted to create a...
  10. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the password u entered doesnot meet password policy requirments try one thats longer window 10 password