Windows 10: Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS

Discus and support Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I discovered that in the Application section of the windows logs, these error keep showing up every time since i boot up, I've checked that on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Philip0331, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS

Recently I discovered that in the Application section of the windows logs, these error keep showing up every time since i boot up, I've checked that on Google but it seems have no solution for me. Is it viruses or a normal thing? Please help. Thanks.

P.S. The imgur link beneath are the error types which all came from the source "nssm" which i totally have no clue on it.

https://imgur.com/a/Xe5nt

Strings:

Requested stop of service WMS. No action is required as program C:\Windows\wdf\wdf.exe is not running.

Failed to start service WMS. Program C:\Windows\wdf\wdf.exe couldn't be launched. CreateProcess() failed: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Service WMS received START control, which will be handled.

Service NVU ran for less than 1500 milliseconds. Restart will be delayed by 256000 milliseconds.

Service NVU action for exit code 0 is Restart. Attempting to restart C:\Windows\nv\NvProfileUpdater64.exe.

:)

Philip0331, Jul 28, 2018
  2. TMSharks Win User

Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010

Okay, so the HowToGeek method didn't fully solve my issue, but did give some insight. I uninstalled MalwareBytes, but now a new process is identified by Event Viewer in the errors for Windows Management Instrumentation: svchost.exe. I'd assume that this is the Service Host for WMI. Unsure what could be done to fix that error.

But here's the thing I'm confused about. In Services, I can three relevant separate services: Windows Management Instrumentation, WMI and WMI Performance Adapter. Windows Management Instrumentation starts and stops without problem. However, it is the Service called WMI that cannot be started, giving the aforementioned "WmiPrvSE.exe cannot be found". Yet, when I click on properties for this WMI service, it says that the display name is WMI, yet its service name is WMS.

So here's where I'm stuck, is this WMI (or WMS) different from Windows Management Instrumentation? This WMI (I'll call it WMS from now on to avoid confusion) has a path to C:\Windows\wmi\netmon.exe. Yet, this folder doesn't exist on any PC but my own. Do you guys see the WMS service (with a display name of WMI), or is me seeing that service maybe indicative of the larger problem?

Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS [​IMG]

Screenshot of the WMS process with its path to executable. This is the Service that gives the error "WmiPrvSE.exe not found" when I attempt to start it (which always fails)

UPDATE: Source of the error for WMS (WMI display name) comes from "nssm", shown below:

Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS [​IMG]

Doing some research, that's something called the "Non-Sucking Service Manager". Now, I'm not sure if that comes with Windows 10, but I don't remember installing it. Is this program the cause of the issues, or may it just be the program reporting the error?

TMSharks, Jul 28, 2018
  3. pdoth Win User
    Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010

I can't be absolutely certain but it would appear that the first instance I can find of the 1010 error appearing was on 22/01/18 after several hours use. I'm trying to think back if that was the date/time I first noticed the high CPU use and stopped the service ?

The problem is my event log only starts 22/01/18 but has 5,575 events logged.

From Event Viewer 'Admin' log
    15:19 event ID 7024 - "The WMS service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the path specified."
    15:21 - "The WMI service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the path specified."

From Event Viewer 'Windows System log'
    15:24 event 1010 - "Failed to start service WMS. Program C:\Windows\wmi\WmiPrvSE.exe couldn't be launched. CreateProcess() failed: The system cannot find the file specified."

pdoth, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS

Event Viewer Error.

Hi Janeane,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to report that restarting the Software Protection service did not resolve the problem.

Looking at:

Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application

The error still appears at least every 30 seconds.

Looking at:

Computer Management > Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > SoftwareProtectionPlatform

The page contains no folders or content.

Kind Regards,

JustAStrangeGeek, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS

1. Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS - Similar Threads - Error Event Viewer

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  4. Event Viewer service is not working

Event Viewer service is not working: Hello a few days ago, maybe a week, I noticed event viewer logs in MMC were not working. The screen prompted me to check the service was running. I went to services and the service is indeed showing as "stopped" When I attempt to restart the service I receive error message...
  5. Thousands of WMI/WMS errors in my Event Viewer

Thousands of WMI/WMS errors in my Event Viewer: Hello, I've been getting a bunch load of these Service Control Management and NSSM errors in my event viewer. They all either say: "The WMIs service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the path specified." "The WMIs service...
  6. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  7. User Profiles Services Error 1534 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    User Profiles Services Error 1534 in Event Viewer: I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I recently updated from version 1803 to 1809, which seemed to go smooth. I had some network issues that were ultimately resolved in a thread here. My user account is an admin account & I don't use a password. I am now getting multiple errors in...
  8. Event Viewer Error

Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  9. Event Viewer error

Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494
  10. Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010

Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010: "Failed to start service WMS. Program C:\Windows\wmi\WmiPrvSE.exe couldn't be launched. CreateProcess() failed: The system cannot find the file specified." The above event code/message has been been plaguing me in the event log for the last few weeks. Can anybody shed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nssm event viewer

2. Service WMS received START control which will be handled.

3. nssm event

4. nssm windows 10 1903,
  5. nssm locking event viewer,
  6. 5x nssm (error: 1010),
  7. nssm event log,
  8. event log error source nssm,
  9. nvu. program c:\windows\nv\nvprofileupdater64.exe couldnt be launched.,
  10. event ID: 1010 nssm,
  11. event ID 1010 nssm,
  12. nssm windows event log,
  13. Event 0 nssm,
  14. wms service nssm