Windows 10: Error in LR (Lightroom)

Discus and support Error in LR (Lightroom) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] Does anyone know what this means? I have also been getting other errors upon logging off at night that is similar to this error, but it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jesse Williams, May 8, 2017.

1. Error in LR (Lightroom)

Error in LR (Lightroom) [​IMG]

Does anyone know what this means? I have also been getting other errors upon logging off at night that is similar to this error, but it's not the same error. It says it's an Application Error.

:)

Jesse Williams, May 8, 2017
  2. caf21 Win User

Windows 10 System Memory leak

Can you explain this further? I am using one memory-heavy application, Lightroom, and after a few hours of normal use the "System and compressed memory" process has shot up to over 2,000 MB of memory. For reference, LR tops out at about 1,400 MB. Once my
    system reaches this state, it is so slow that LR is difficult to use. I perform an action, and wait half a minute for it to be executed on the screen.

I have found the only solution is to reboot, because while closing LR will cause the System and compressed memory process to drop by about half, it goes right back up to 2,000 MB if I restart LR. The only way to get any work done is to reboot, usually two
    or three times a day. Needless to say, I was able to use LR continuously (without rebooting) before Win10. I am shocked to read that you have the same problem, but find it useful. How do you prevent your system from eventually getting so slow that it is unusable?

caf21, May 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Photos app missing zoom to exactly 100 %

Using the wheel I can zoom up to about 3-400%, which is nice - but I would really like (have backError in LR (Lightroom) :)) an exact 100 % option.

When processing my images I use Adobe Lightroom, where I have the option, but firing up LR just for a quick view is a little annoying.

Birger Niss, May 8, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Error in LR (Lightroom)

Don't know for sure that this is the cause but you might want to check to see that you have the latest drivers for your video card.

SoFine409, May 8, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

what version of W10 are you using -- I'm running photoshop + LR fine in W10 PRO x-64 CU (1703) update so could be the windows version.

Apply all Windows updates too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 8, 2017
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    I'm running the latest versions of Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, and Windows 10 with Creator's update and have no issues.

@ Jessie Williams, it looks like you're running LR CC 2015. Try logging out of Creative Cloud and back in again and see what happens. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Also make sure you've checked that you have the latest update. Should be 2015.10, Camera RAW 9.10

Let us know.

Edit: To clarify, is the issue with LR or the image(s)??? Just read a post here on a user's files getting locked out... Ransomware has encoded my RAW Files

sygnus21, May 8, 2017
  7. I am pretty sure I have the latest, but I will double check.

Jesse Williams, May 9, 2017
  8. Error in LR (Lightroom)

I am using the Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703). Mine is Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

9. I am logged into Creative Cloud or I should be. But a while back, when I had just opened LR after I hadn't opened it in a while, it said to log in. I am already logged into Creative Cloud. Would LR require me to log in on it too? When I tried logging in on LR, it wouldn't do it. It just kept loading and loading, so I finally gave up and just continued editing pictures.

10. Also, to those of you that have replied to this post, thank you so much. But also, upon logging out of my computer at night, it sometimes says there is an error similar to the one I screenshotted, except it's not application error, I don't think.

11. SoFine409 Win User
    About 6 months ago I was working with CS4 and a new video driver caused it to crash. Reverting the driver solved it. That's why I suggested it. Maybe you'll get lucky and an updated driver will fix it. Fingers crossed

SoFine409, May 9, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    You might have some other issues going on that needs to be looked into. Has this recently started? Are all your drivers up to date? What about Windows' updates?

As for logging into LR when already logged into cloud, then you're good. It you weren't LR/PS would complain and ask you to log in. As far as the continuing loading screen in LR when trying to log in, yeah, that's been an issue a while now, but al long as your logged into CC (Creative Cloud) you're good. Just exit and go back into LR when that happens and you know you're logged into CC.

Regarding GPU drivers, it's not that critical and you can actually disable GPU acceleration in both LR and PS and not lose performance unless you're we're doing heavy graphic arts. In short, as a photographer just doing normal photo editing you don't need GPU acceleration. That said, it's always a good idea to keep drivers up to date, especially GPU.

Hope this helps.

sygnus21, May 9, 2017
  13. Error in LR (Lightroom)

It's been doing it for a while now. I haven't posted the problem until now. As far as updates, there were some that came out yesterday. I haven't updated my computer yet though, but I will in the morning when I turn it back on. I upgraded the RAM on this computer as it was upgradable to 8GB. It previously had 2GB of RAM and that was very little to do anything with. But I will check the drivers. I think my next PC is going to be HP since they have HP Support Assistant which keeps you up to date on drivers where as Toshiba doesn't. But I am pretty sure I have the latest driver updates, but I will check just to make sure.

14. Steve C Win User
    Check your antivirus isn't blocking something.I once had a Lightroom error which was due to a recently installed program messing up one of the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries - sadly I didn't keep a record.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Error in LR (Lightroom)

1. Error in LR (Lightroom) - Similar Threads - Error Lightroom

2. Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied: Hi,I have tried to re-install Windows 10 using a USB following the above error code. I have used prompts and the advice: On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Follow the onscreen instructions and if you can boot the computer...
  3. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  4. Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied: Hi,I have tried to re-install Windows 10 using a USB following the above error code. I have used prompts and the advice: On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Follow the onscreen instructions and if you can boot the computer...
  5. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  6. file system error -2147219200

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file system error -2147219200: Photos won`t open in the Windows app. A file system error message -2147219200 appears. The Windows phptos app was repaired, restarted and it didn`t give anything about,...
  7. file system error -2147219200

file system error -2147219200: Photos won`t open in the Windows app. A file system error message -2147219200 appears. The Windows phptos app was repaired, restarted and it didn`t give anything about,...
  8. Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements

Troubleshoot Lightroom 6 Error When When Editing File In PS Elements: I have tried various Lightroom Forums to solve this issue but to no avail. I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum who might be able to help me to troubleshoot this issue. I am using Lightroom 6 to edit Raw files. Version 6 is the last stand alone...
  10. Whea Uncorrectable Error-with mostly Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea Uncorrectable Error-with mostly Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Use: I have been getting a Whea Uncorrectable Error when using Lightroom and/or Photoshop Creative Cloud versions and sometimes on Youtube. I did not have this issue in the past when I first downloaded and converted to R10. It started occurring with the update of 10 a few weeks...