Windows 10: error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

Discus and support error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've configured my pop3 account in the Mail app and it gives me error 0x080072af9 when trying to sync for the first time [img] 16147 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by marcosdipaolo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

I've configured my pop3 account in the Mail app and it gives me error 0x080072af9 when trying to sync for the first time

error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account [​IMG]

:)

marcosdipaolo, Aug 13, 2015

2. error 0x80048bf5 in Windows 10 final release

error 0x80048bf5

Windows 10 final release

Mail account POP3, KPN hetnet.nl in the Netherlands

Mail program input oke!

But sending mail gives error by sync.

Account settings are working oke in Windows Live Mail

joop storm, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Can't sync POP3 account in Windows 10 Mail app

Good day Everyone,

I can't find any article relating to the problem I am facing with syncing my POP3 account on the Windows 10 Mail app.

I received an email from Microsoft indicating the Outlook.com accounts are to be upgraded soon and that I should access my email accounts using the Windows 10 Mail app.

On the Windows 10 Mail app, I was able to set up my outlook.com and hotmail accounts without any problems. However, when I set up my POP3 account, it is not syncing. I went into settings to set up the email username, POP3 server, Incoming and Outgoing mail
    servers, unchecked SSL requirements, unchecked Outgoing server authentication, and it still won't sync.

I keep getting notifications that this POP3 account settings are out of date and requires me to re-enter my password.

Could somebody help?

Thank you.

ganwilliam, Aug 13, 2015
  4. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

I think this is the problem.

As an experiment I tried it, no joy.

Torquemada, Aug 13, 2015
  5. i don't know what you mean neither where that text comes from

marcosdipaolo, Aug 13, 2015
  6. laout Win User
    [QUOTE = marcosdipaolo; 339900] Je l'ai configuré mon compte POP3 dans l'application Mail et il me donne une erreur 0x080072af9 en essayant de synchroniser pour la première fois [/ QUOTE]

impossible envoyer ou recevoir message pour le compte...... avec windows 10, j'ai tout essayé en plus impossible de retrouver mon anti virus bit défender, de regrets, je suis donc revenu windows 7
    cordialement,

laout, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

1. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account - Similar Threads - error Mail app

2. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  3. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  4. Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail: I am using Windows Live Mail to access a POP3 account from my internet provider. All of a sudden it stopped working. I haven't changed anything. Somehow, I managed to get the receiving mail service working again, but am unable to send mail from within Windows Live Mail. Can...
  5. Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail: I am using Windows Live Mail to access a POP3 account from my internet provider. All of a sudden it stopped working. I haven't changed anything. Somehow, I managed to get the receiving mail service working again, but am unable to send mail from within Windows Live Mail. Can...
  6. Mail app does not sync & Error 0X80004005 adding account in Mail app

Mail app does not sync & Error 0X80004005 adding account in Mail app: Hi, so my Mail app stopped syncing any new emails for my gmail accounts. It was random and was working fine before. In the mail app when I went to manage accounts, i selected one of my accounts and something will open and close very quickly that I can't see in time! I decided...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App: POP3 not working

Windows 10 Mail App: POP3 not working: Hi, I'm trying to connect a work email with the Mail app. The details are right but when I test, my emails are all stuck in the outbox. I can receive emails - I just can't send them. When using Mozilla Thunderbird, everything is fine. I have a feeling this is because I am...
  8. POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders: I have seen this question but no answers. This is hard to believe - that microsoft doesn't enable the Mail App to be fully functional for POP3 accounts. I need to be able to set up folders within my email account to organize my work. There is no "+" sign by accounts or...
  9. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.: I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have...
  10. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...