Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10

Discus and support Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are trying to install the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, we are currently running Windows 10 Education x64 (version 1803 (OS Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neil Geoghegan, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Neil Geoghegan Win User

We are trying to install the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, we are currently running Windows 10 Education x64 (version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165)). The PC is also up to date with updates.

When trying to install the Media Feature Pack - Version 1803 (April 2018) 64-bit, we receive the following message.

Windows Update Standalone Installer

The update is not applicable to your computer

We need to be able to install the Media Feature Pack to run Pupil dyslexia assessment software, please can you investigate and provide a solution.

Many thanks

:)

Neil Geoghegan, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Jeffrey L Johnson Win User

Win10 N Will not install Media pack

I am using windows 10N Insider preview and The media pack will not install. I have tried the following:

• Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1508 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1511 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 Version 1607 - KB3133719
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1703 - KB4016817
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1709 - KB4039813

The only one to install was the very first one. However Media player is not installed, there are no media player folders. I can add the app.

Every other version say the update is not applicable to your system. Not sure how
    that's even possible. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and nothing. No media player. Should I just assume that it does not work and will never be fixed or is there some magic that I
    don't know about to get this thing working and installed correctly?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Moved fromError Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 :( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup )

Jeffrey L Johnson, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Win10 N Will not install Media pack

Hi Jeffrey,

Windows 10 N editions include the same functionality as Windows 10, except that these versions of Windows do not include Windows Media Player, and related technologies. End-user customers can enable the media functionality to work properly by installing
    the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 (KB3133719). To assist you with your concern, we have collected some of the resource link for you to download the Media Feature Pack for N version of Windows 10. Here are the download links:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Windows 10 Media Feature Pack for N version?

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with installation of Media Feature Pack, do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which architecture of Windows have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to download the respective architecture of the downloading file from the below link, try to install it and check if the issue is resolved.

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10

Also, refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions (November 2015)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Error Installing Media

2. Setup failed in finding product key error turns up on screen when I installed Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup failed in finding product key error turns up on screen when I installed Windows 10...: How should I fix this problem? I blame Microsoft Corporation for selling Windows 10 by retailers in Malaysia. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/setup-failed-in-finding-product-key-error-turns-up/36119bdc-ee30-4901-acb8-d3840aaada64
  3. Error: 0x80070002 for Installing bash on ubuntu sub system on win10 unsuccessfully.

Error: 0x80070002 for Installing bash on ubuntu sub system on win10 unsuccessfully.: I modified "C:/Users/xxx" to "C:/Users/xxx1" and run bash commend. Then my bash couldn't run successfully. I couldn't install it , reinstall or remove it. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.165] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\youqin>lxrun...
  4. Windows 10 Pro error 0x800f0922 when installing 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10...

Windows 10 Pro error 0x800f0922 when installing 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10...: I have been getting 0x800f0922 every time Windows Update tries to install KB4228819 (2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803). This becomes like a continuous loop, running for about 20 minutes with restarts and it gets to 100% before saying it failed and it's...
  5. Java Runtime Environment has an error when installing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Java Runtime Environment has an error when installing.: (I tried to get in touch with support on the official Java site, however, I am not paying for it or have access to a credit card so I can't send a support ticket.) I downloaded the newest version of the Java Runtime Environment installer for windows (I'm using Windows 10...
  6. Error Code 0x80070570 when trying to install Windows 10 home on new SSD

Error Code 0x80070570 when trying to install Windows 10 home on new SSD: Right now I'm running windows 7. I just bought Windows 10 and a Samsung 500gb SSD. I'm trying to install it on the SSD. I choose custom install and select the SSD but I'm getting this error (Windows cannot install required files. File may be corrupt or missing. Error code...
  7. "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error...: I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 on it. I'm trying to use an ASUS USB-AC53 Nano USB Wireless Adapter - it's a USB WiFI adapter. Don't ask my why I have to use that - it's a long story. Anyway, when I try to update the driver from Device Manager, I get an error...
  8. Installing KB4338832 cause Windows 10 System Service Exception Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing KB4338832 cause Windows 10 System Service Exception Blue Screen Error: Hi, Recently, my Windows 10 experience a lot of "System Service Exception" blue screen error. I've done the following: Memtest - OK. Driver Verification - No "Driver Verifier Detected violation" blue screen, but still "System Service Exception" blue screen error....
  9. Error 0x80070057 while custom installing Windows 10 on my laptop

Error 0x80070057 while custom installing Windows 10 on my laptop: I was custom installing windows 10 using this guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-perform-a-custom-installation-of-windows/38adfa8c-32f8-4354-8c53-13b5f2cf7e44 Eveything was going well until i actually started to...
  10. EFI error, no usb installation media boot for recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EFI error, no usb installation media boot for recovery: Good morning to all I have a laptop HP AF101NV with an A6-6310 with 4GB RAM. After a crash I get a blue screen with the error: File:\EFI\Microsoft\BOOT\BCD error code: 0x0000185 I used to the windows media creation tool to make a bootable usb to recover the system...