Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10

Discus and support Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are trying to install the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, we are currently running Windows 10 Education x64 (version 1803 (OS Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neil Geoghegan, Jul 12, 2018 at 6:32 AM.

1. Neil Geoghegan Win User

We are trying to install the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10, we are currently running Windows 10 Education x64 (version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165)). The PC is also up to date with updates.

When trying to install the Media Feature Pack - Version 1803 (April 2018) 64-bit, we receive the following message.

Windows Update Standalone Installer

The update is not applicable to your computer

We need to be able to install the Media Feature Pack to run Pupil dyslexia assessment software, please can you investigate and provide a solution.

Many thanks

:)

Neil Geoghegan, Jul 12, 2018 at 6:32 AM
  2. Jeffrey L Johnson Win User

Win10 N Will not install Media pack

I am using windows 10N Insider preview and The media pack will not install. I have tried the following:

• Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1508 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1511 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 Version 1607 - KB3133719
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1703 - KB4016817
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1709 - KB4039813

The only one to install was the very first one. However Media player is not installed, there are no media player folders. I can add the app.

Every other version say the update is not applicable to your system. Not sure how
    that's even possible. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and nothing. No media player. Should I just assume that it does not work and will never be fixed or is there some magic that I
    don't know about to get this thing working and installed correctly?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Moved fromError Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 :( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup )

Jeffrey L Johnson, Jul 12, 2018 at 6:46 AM
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Win10 N Will not install Media pack

Hi Jeffrey,

Windows 10 N editions include the same functionality as Windows 10, except that these versions of Windows do not include Windows Media Player, and related technologies. End-user customers can enable the media functionality to work properly by installing
    the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 (KB3133719). To assist you with your concern, we have collected some of the resource link for you to download the Media Feature Pack for N version of Windows 10. Here are the download links:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Windows 10 Media Feature Pack for N version?

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with installation of Media Feature Pack, do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which architecture of Windows have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to download the respective architecture of the downloading file from the below link, try to install it and check if the issue is resolved.

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10

Also, refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions (November 2015)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018 at 6:46 AM
Thema:

1. Error Installing Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Error Installing Media

2. Error on Baidu Browser window 10 after window instalation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error on Baidu Browser window 10 after window instalation: baidu browser error after window 10 Upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-on-baidu-browser-window-10-after-window/7c91170c-d605-4b63-9233-4fd138fa166b
  3. Error Message when installing Pacesetter BES4 Dream Edition

Error Message when installing Pacesetter BES4 Dream Edition: I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and I am having challenges installing the Pacesetter BES4 Dream Edition Software. The Software requirements state it is compatible with Windows 10. The error message reads: Box Title: Pacesetter BES4 Dream Edition...
  4. Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game: So I spent several hours last night waiting as the Sims 2 installed from Origin. When it came time for the setup to finish I got an error. C:\WINDOWS\system32\REG.exe Class not registered. I've searched the Internet and can't find anyone with this exact issue....
  5. error code 0x80070570 installing windows 10 on mac via bootcamp

error code 0x80070570 installing windows 10 on mac via bootcamp: Hi Guys I need a little help as i'm about to leave my **** with this. I've lost count of how many times I've tried installing windows via bootcamp. I'm using an iMac 2013 macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 and Bootcamp Assistant 6.1.0 I'm getting through the entire...
  6. Get error 0x800f0922 while installing update KB4284822

Get error 0x800f0922 while installing update KB4284822: Hi, While I try update my windows I get error 0x800f0922, I try install update KB4284822 , I have 30 GB free space on my partition when I try troubleshoot, its how "potential windows update database error detected " just said detected , not fixed, I get tired, every day my...
  7. Error: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source...

Error: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source...: I have no idea how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-the-installation-source-for-this-product-is/c26a48e6-caac-4089-8f03-d7a51b9b864d
  8. Windows 10 installation error

Windows 10 installation error: Hey guys, I tried to fresh install build 1803 using an USB. Entering setup, I formatted the previous partition which windows was installed on. Then setup showed that you cannot install on an MBR, partition you need a GPT one. My CD drive is not working either. So, I ended...
  9. Due to Return-Error Code - 110 i cannot start MSI database for application installation.

Due to Return-Error Code - 110 i cannot start MSI database for application installation.: Hey, i need to install an application which is using the MSI database. I already searched for this topic, but no of the recommended solutions is working for me. What I already tried to fix it: * Restart MSIEXEC * Run as admin (jst to be sure) * Restart everything...
  10. EFI error, no usb installation media boot for recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EFI error, no usb installation media boot for recovery: Good morning to all I have a laptop HP AF101NV with an A6-6310 with 4GB RAM. After a crash I get a blue screen with the error: File:\EFI\Microsoft\BOOT\BCD error code: 0x0000185 I used to the windows media creation tool to make a bootable usb to recover the system...