Windows 10: Error installing on laptop

Discus and support Error installing on laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm trying to sort out a friends laptop, he had windows 7 and tried to upgrade to windows 10 he left it to do the upgrade came back to it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chrisred, Dec 26, 2015.

1. chrisred Win User

Error installing on laptop

Hi guys, I'm trying to sort out a friends laptop, he had windows 7 and tried to upgrade to windows 10 he left it to do the upgrade came back to it on startup repair none of the options within start up repair would work. He then gave it to me to sort. I reinstalled windows 7 and tried the upgrade again, same issue, it is at the part with the 3 clocks at some part during copying files towards the end or at the end it reboots and goes straight to startup repair.

I tried installing direct from a windows 10 disc and had no trouble however it wouldn't then activate as it wasn't an upgrade.

I've just tried again, another fresh install and no joy, any ideas?

:)

chrisred, Dec 26, 2015
  2. JulieBabb Win User

Continuous Loop on Laptop, error: "installing windows, 64% complete"

Hi,

My ex gave laptop to son, but didn't want him to have access to his personal information. I think he reformatted and now laptop stuck on "installing windows, 64% complete" and then just keeps turning on and off and restarting and saying the same thing
    over and over.

I have no discs, laptop will not read from disc drive or pen drive, and is stuck in continuous loop. Cant access recovery drive or bios. Any help please.

JulieBabb, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Continuous Loop on Laptop, error: "installing windows, 64% complete"

Hi Julie,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

Let us try to perform hard reboot and check if it helps.

Hard reboot is done by turning off the computer without performing the shutdown procedure.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Power button until the system turns completely off.

• Unplug the AC adapter from the laptop (if plugged in).

• Make sure there are no external devices connected to the laptop.

• Remove the battery.

• Press and hold the power button in for 10-15 seconds to drain remaining power from the laptop.

• Insert the battery and reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop by pressing the Power button.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer for further assistance as the laptop does not read from disc drive or pen drive and BIOS is inaccessible.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 26, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    You can input the W7 key and it will activate your clean install.

simrick, Dec 27, 2015
  5. chrisred Win User
    So it does! that has changed though, it never used to, when I upgraded my PC I tried a clean install with a disc and had to reinstall 8 to upgrade properly.

Thanks

chrisred, Dec 27, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Yes, it has indeed recently changed. Glad you got it sorted. *Thumbs Please mark the thread as solved (upper-left).

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Error installing on laptop - Similar Threads - Error installing laptop

2. Laptop error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop error: So my laptop comes up with none bootable device I've tryed everything from thanking things out too seeing if there's something wrong opening up my laptop hardrives fine and I have no idea if it's an odd image problem but I've gotten these error befor I'm hoping I can get some...
  3. Laptop error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop error: Help me with this error, it's often randomly restart when i'm browsing web or netflix but not when i'm playing game. I've searched for many forums to sovled this problem but nothing help. Anything I can do with this? My lap is lenovo legion 5 R7 4800H 1660ti Log Name: System...
  4. Installation on laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installation on laptop: Geek Squad installed MS word, excel, powerpoint, and outlook to my new HP laptop. However, I'm unable to access them. GS requested I contact MS for an Account Subscription number. I do NOT want Microsoft 365....
  5. Error in this laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in this laptop: Respected microsoft community, I am R.Joshna. I have a mini laptop called iball compbook with windows 10 software. I dont know but for past few months, the home screen and other were not even working but something wierd came. In blue screen with some options saying choose an...
  6. error in window 10 installed laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    error in window 10 installed laptop: please tell me if you know about this? my laptop is auto characters by itself sometimes like it types...
  7. windows not activated error for pre-installed windows on laptop and no internet error after...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows not activated error for pre-installed windows on laptop and no internet error after...: recently my windows shows Activate Windows watermark on desktop, my laptop has had the Windows factory pre-installed for 10 years and I had the product key label attached to the back of my laptop I tried the troubleshoot button in setting/activation but it says no connection...
  8. Laptop error

Laptop error: Help please!! There is no space left on my hardrive so i am trying to uninstall some apps in order to free space and reset the laptop ( cant reset due to no space) and error code 0x8000000e is displaying. How do i get round this? I need to reset my laptop back to basic....
  9. Installation error when trying to instal built 10162 on Toshiba laptop

Installation error when trying to instal built 10162 on Toshiba laptop: Toshiba Sattelite Pro L650 Corei3 processor AMD ATI Radeon Mobility H5145 dedicated graphics 6GB RAM Error message: Installation failed. Running Windows 7 Pro SP1 fully updated and latest ATI drivers. More than 20GB free space on both partitions. KB3035583 installed...
  10. Error On Installing Windows on Laptop.

Error On Installing Windows on Laptop.: The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C50B So I don't really know what my cousin did but the OS got messed up so I was going to reformat it but I've encountered this problem. Every time I install W10 on the laptop, during the installation process, an error stating that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing error on laptop