Windows 10: Error installing Windows 10 occuring during second boot phase

Discus and support Error installing Windows 10 occuring during second boot phase in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 7 currently, legitimate version. When microsoft had this free windows 10 I installed it once but downgraded back after a week. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by razazo12, Sep 26, 2016.

1. razazo12 Win User

Error installing Windows 10 occuring during second boot phase

I have windows 7 currently, legitimate version.
    When microsoft had this free windows 10 I installed it once but downgraded back after a week. Now I wanted to go back so i downloaded the media creation tool and started installing. after the restart and the whole "Installing updates" etc. I would reach a blue screen that says:
    Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file
    (something about dve-64.sys)
    and now i can't install windows 10, and i restart a few times and the computer goes back to windows 7 with the message: "Windows 10 installation failed during second_boot".

I tried: Disable driver signature enforcement. don't works.

Any help on how to download windows 10 when i can't pass

:)

razazo12, Sep 26, 2016
  2. daddy0f2 Win User

Windows 10 install fails

Windows 10 install fails in the second BOOT phase with an error during the MIGRATE DATA operation. What is the solution?

daddy0f2, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Downloading Windows 10

Every time I try to download Windows 10 I get an error notice ( The installation failed in the Second Boot Phase with an error during Boot Operation ) Error OxC1900101-Ox40017.

JamesHaggerty, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Error installing Windows 10 occuring during second boot phase

I assume your installation media is on a USB that your created from Windows Media Creation Tool. It appears that a file on your download is corrupted. Although the Media Creation Tool checks the download for validity, there may be a problem with the file. I would download the install files again on a different USB and retry the installation.

OldGuyGeek, Sep 26, 2016
  5. razazo12 Win User
    I am installing without a USB drive. chose the "upgrade my PC now" option.
    btw downloaded the tool from here just to ensure: Windows 10

razazo12, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Error installing Windows 10 occuring during second boot phase

1. Error installing Windows 10 occuring during second boot phase - Similar Threads - Error installing occuring

2. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation: I have tried to installing windows 11 22H2 version on my Dell Inspiron 43711N and getting an error message of 0xC1900101-0x20017 saying"The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation. What should I do now please tell me....
  3. How to solve "The Installation Failed in the Second Boot Phase with an error during Migrate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve "The Installation Failed in the Second Boot Phase with an error during Migrate...: I have a windows 10 version 22h2 laptop and wanted to upgrade it to Windows 11 .. while trying to install it using the iso file I got this error after 7 hours of waiting for installation and working on updates ...... I didn't had any external devices connected to the laptop...
  4. How to solve "The Installation Failed in the Second Boot Phase with an error during Migrate...

How to solve "The Installation Failed in the Second Boot Phase with an error during Migrate...: I have a windows 10 version 22h2 laptop and wanted to upgrade it to Windows 11 .. while trying to install it using the iso file I got this error after 7 hours of waiting for installation and working on updates ...... I didn't had any external devices connected to the laptop...
  5. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation: The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operationI've been trying to install Windows 11 22h2 on my laptop running Windows 11 Pro 21h2 for the past 2 weeks now. But every time my laptop restarts the second time, it gets stuck just after the...
  6. 0xC1900101-0x4001E The installation failed in the SECOND-BOOT phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xC1900101-0x4001E The installation failed in the SECOND-BOOT phase with an error during...: I have Windows 10 Home installed on an M.2 SSD and cannot get it to update to Windows 11. The installation almost completes but then it stops and reverts back to the current windows 10 install. I'm using a Gigabyte motherboard with TMP 2.0 installed. I've have tried to...
  7. 0xC1900101-0x4001E The installation failed in the SECOND-BOOT phase with an error during...

0xC1900101-0x4001E The installation failed in the SECOND-BOOT phase with an error during...: I have Windows 10 Home installed on an M.2 SSD and cannot get it to update to Windows 11. The installation almost completes but then it stops and reverts back to the current windows 10 install. I'm using a Gigabyte motherboard with TMP 2.0 installed. I've have tried to...
  8. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation...: I decicded to update my pc to recent 20H2 update .. I am currently on 1809 . I tried all the methods - Media creation tool , Windows Update Assistant and from setting menu checking for update .. all 3 updates gives me same error during installation. The installation...
  9. Error installing Windows .ISO : "second boot phase"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing Windows .ISO : "second boot phase": I'm trying to install the newest Windows .ISO so I can make the 2004 update back from May install correctly. I tried with regular Update and with Update Assistant, no luck, several times. And just tried with an .ISO re-install of Windows, got the error 0xC1900101 0x40017...
  10. error 0x800700B7-0x2000E Installation failed during SAFE OS phase, error occurred during...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    error 0x800700B7-0x2000E Installation failed during SAFE OS phase, error occurred during...: Hello MS Support team, I am getting the error 0x800700B7-0x2000E Installation failed during SAFE OS phase, error occurred during SET_PRODUCT_KEY operation, when trying to install Windows 10 on my computer. As suggested in this post...