Windows 10: error is showing up in the Event View System Log

Discus and support error is showing up in the Event View System Log in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since updating to KB3176938 the following error is showing up in the Event View System Log: The application-specific permission settings do not grant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gtspeck, Sep 4, 2016.

1. gtspeck Win User

error is showing up in the Event View System Log

Since updating to KB3176938 the following error is showing up in the Event View System Log:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with

CLSID {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
    and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Using Component Services, I'm not able to modify security permissions because they are grayed out.
    Not sure what program this applies to. *Shock

:)

gtspeck, Sep 4, 2016

2. Win10 freezes about 1 minute after startup for 5 minutes

Hi,

If the System Protection is not turned on, there will not be any restore point created in the past.

With the help of Event Viewer, you can view application/security/setup/system/other events that have occurred on your computer so that you are able to analyze and solve application errors, system errors, etc.

You can check the event viewer:

Type event in the search box on taskbar and choose View event logs in the result.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 4, 2016
  3. DAveryTX Win User
    OneDrive Crashes instantly

The system never crashes. Everything else works fine.

OneDrive crashes. No Minidump or Memory Dump file is created in the process.

I tried checking the event log, but not sure where to look. Tried several of the event logs an didn't see anything show up when I recreated the error.

D

DAveryTX, Sep 4, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

I have seen these errors many times and I have even corrected some. They do not seem to effect the systems operation one way or the other so I just ignore them. Just my two cents.

pbcopter, Sep 4, 2016
  5. gtspeck Win User
    You make a good point. Doesn't seem to affect system performance. Did a SFC scan and it found nothing.*Confused

gtspeck, Sep 5, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    You can search on the forum about how to correct these. However, its hardly worth the bother since it doesn't seem to affect PC operation.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. error is showing up in the Event View System Log - Similar Threads - error showing Event

2. System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12: Hello, On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event: Process...
  3. System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12: Hello, On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event: Process...
  4. System event log is showing thousand events - UserModePowerService ID12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. errors showing up in windows event.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    errors showing up in windows event.: not sure how long this has been going on. but recenlty my system started to hardlock itself. screen freezing. no respons from mouse and keyboard. only option to press power button. I have noticed in event viewer before the critcal error which I assume is when I turnd the...
  6. errors showing up in windows event.

errors showing up in windows event.: not sure how long this has been going on. but recenlty my system started to hardlock itself. screen freezing. no respons from mouse and keyboard. only option to press power button. I have noticed in event viewer before the critcal error which I assume is when I turnd the...
  7. Event View Audio logs

Event View Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute actions.Anyone know...
  8. Event View Audio logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event View Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute actions.Anyone know...
  9. I had this entry show up in the Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System that showed Event 47,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I had this entry show up in the Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System that showed Event 47,...: This was a long list of entries. This was when I started my computer up this morning after it froze a little earlier. I replaced one of the graphics cards that had been having issues. This was a used graphics card and I need to find out if this event entry has to do with...
  10. Event view showing the following

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event view showing the following: I'm getting the following on my Dell 780 sff, windows 10. After shutdown typically after 12:00am new day my pc boots some what with blink green power light. I'm confused. 25 yrs in this business as company owner, College & H.S. instructor. The application-specific...