Windows 10: Error joining home group in windows 10.

Discus and support Error joining home group in windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using version 1803 of windows 10 and in this version the option of joining home group is not available. please give an alternate solution so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SumitHarlalka, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Error joining home group in windows 10.

I am using version 1803 of windows 10 and in this version the option of joining home group is not available. please give an alternate solution so that i can join the home group and access other systems on the network.

:)

SumitHarlalka, Aug 14, 2018
  2. swartzl Win User

trying to join a home group.

trying to join home group....Computer says "HomeGroup cannot be created on this computer." No explanation, no error codes.

Suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

swartzl, Aug 14, 2018
  3. trying to join a home group.

We appreciate the information that you've provided. Our next step is to identify if the error that you encountered when creating a Home group is related to a network connection issue. To do this, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided
    on this
    link
    on how to fix network connection issues. Click the drop-down arrow to view the steps. Once you're done, try creating a Home group again and check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Error joining home group in windows 10.

regarding windows 10 home group options

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

These may be the below possible reasons of you facing the issue. Please go through the points.

• If a Home group already exists on your network, you'll be asked to join it instead of creating a new one.
    • If your PC belongs to a domain, you can join a home group but you can't create one. You can get to libraries and devices on other home group PCs, but you can't share your own libraries and devices with the home group.
    If both the above scenarios doesn’t imply, then I would suggest you try the below steps.

Steps:

• Switch to an Administrator user account, in case you are not using one.

• Run a Home group Troubleshooter to fix the issue.
    Refer the below steps to run a Home group Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.

• Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Error joining home group in windows 10.

1. Error joining home group in windows 10. - Similar Threads - Error joining home

2. Are there groups to join on skype?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there groups to join on skype?: Call Hurst and wife change please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-groups-to-join-on-skype/cbeff7e4-f813-4957-9c4c-21dc09cf8f7a
  3. Are there groups to join on skype?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there groups to join on skype?: Call Hurst and wife change please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-groups-to-join-on-skype/cbeff7e4-f813-4957-9c4c-21dc09cf8f7a
  4. Couldn't join to family group - unknown error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Couldn't join to family group - unknown error: My father invited me to join to the family. If I click on the invitation link I get an error message:"Sorry, something went wrong.We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while.TraceId: KUH9PBK2gUCpxKjE.14.95"The TraceId...
  5. home group

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home group: how to add windows 10 computor to windows 7 homegroup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-group/f8f8c41e-49d9-431b-8b52-0fe099739a16
  6. Accepting request to join a family group error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accepting request to join a family group error: I sent my son a request to join our family group. He gets the email and clicks to accept. Then he clicks button to accept. Then he gets an error message that say "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again...
  7. Joined multicast groups limit

Joined multicast groups limit: What is maximum amount of joined multicast groups by application in windows? (2012R2/2016) For example in Linux, the default one is 20, but it can be increased. I have not found any documentation mentioning it, also anything in registers....
  8. Home group in windows 10??

Home group in windows 10??: Hi i have 3 new windows 10 computers, and im trying to set up a network so i can share printers and files. I searched for homegroup options but there are none. I searched online and am learning homegroup has been disabled in this version. Can anyone help on how to setup...
  9. No home group.

No home group.: No home group anymore, how do I connect my home computers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-home-group/0a2dd485-af69-4ab3-9ceb-fc9b3d34101d
  10. Home Group

Home Group: Cannot remember instructions for connecting to other computers since Microsoft ended homegroup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/home-group/1457a303-47bb-4615-a796-cb1911d0a113

Users found this page by searching for:

1. home group windows 10