Windows 10: Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application

Discus and support Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I was pointed here by an MS rep during a live chat and I am not sure if it is the right place (or category) but here goes. I am launching a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fangles, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Fangles Win User

Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application

Hello, I was pointed here by an MS rep during a live chat and I am not sure if it is the right place (or category) but here goes.

I am launching a standalone exe (test version) of a visual designer and generating the following error:

"Error message is: Access Violation at 0x00486773 (tried to read from 0x00000010), program terminated. LastCP is 'RF'

The standard, current working version of the application works ine as I imagine that it asks for elevated privileges during install and thus works fine.

From research, I think the error is from trying to write to the keystore from a non priveleged application and so it fails. But what can I do about it?

[Moved from : Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

:)

Fangles, Aug 21, 2018

2. Windows Defender Firewall Whitelist application names

The names of the applications in my Windows Defender whitelist are unintelligible jargon. Is this normal now?

To be able to view the proper name of the app in the whitelist I have to click details.

Tried sfc /scannow but it's still the same. Any ideas?

Version 1709

OS BUILD 16299.64

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

Soft Micro Apple, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    According to Windows Defender DDU has Malware in it.

Add DDU to the exclusion list either from there or the settings for Defender. Then you'll be fine. I've used DDU for years, and as-long-as you downloaded it from a reputable source you should be fine. If they offer MD5 hash checks that might be worth doing to make sure though if you're concerned your version is malicious.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=Windows+Defender+how+to+whitelist

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application

Windows Defender Firewall Whitelist application names

Thank you for providing the information needed. There is a possibility that your computer has been infected by malware infection causing all entries in the whitelist begins with
    TW. To help you out with your concern, we recommend that you try to perform the suggestions in this
    article on how to troubleshoot malware detection and removal problems.

Keep us posted so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application

1. Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application - Similar Threads - Error launcing Defender

2. Whitelist application for a particular user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whitelist application for a particular user: I have three users on my windows system all three are administrators, I Would like to whitelist application for two users who are in kiosk mode they cannot run any other application, is this a possibility....
  3. Whitelist application for a particular user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whitelist application for a particular user: I have three users on my windows system all three are administrators, I Would like to whitelist application for two users who are in kiosk mode they cannot run any other application, is this a possibility....
  4. Whitelist application for a particular user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Whitelist and Volume Shadow Copy

Windows Defender Whitelist and Volume Shadow Copy: In order to troubleshoot a network issue I downloaded netcat ncat.exe. Windows Defender classifies this as a "hack tool" and attempts to quarantine it. It is not malware, it is a network debugging tool. I was able to whitelist the executable. However, it now appears in...
  6. Windows defender blocking my application - how to whitelist for users?

Windows defender blocking my application - how to whitelist for users?: I've created an application for a MMO that I've maintained for over 10 years. All of a sudden, users are reporting that Windows Defender is flagging it as suspicious. The detection line says PAU:Win32/CoinMiner. I've scanned my computer with Webroot and Windows defender...
  7. Whitelist URL/Domain in Microsoft Defender SmartScreen

Whitelist URL/Domain in Microsoft Defender SmartScreen: Hi Team, We, Zoho Docs are a Cloud based Document Management Software provided by Zoho Corporation; check this link - https://www.zoho.com/docs/ for more details. Our product has a feature which allows files/folders uploaded to Docs and can be shared to everyone on the...
  8. Entering to a global windows defender whitelist

Entering to a global windows defender whitelist: Hello all, I was wondering if there is a global whitelist for the windows defender, and if so, is there a way to submit an application for review?...
  9. Ransomeware Protection - Adding Applications to the Whitelist

Ransomeware Protection - Adding Applications to the Whitelist: I tried the Ransomware Protection option in Windows Security. Setup was easy. The problems arose the 1st time I used Quicken or Adobe Photoshop Elements. First problem was I had to write down the flagged executable I needed to add to the white list. Adding give access to the...
  10. Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?

Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?: Everytime I run a program a window pops up "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" ? Its annoying. I want to add this application to the whitelist in Gpedit or Secpol or somewhere like that so the app can run without issues. What I've read so far is that I can...