Windows 10: error loading player no playable sources found

Discus and support error loading player no playable sources found in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just bought a series of workouts from a website. I log into the site but when I try to play the videos they offer, I get the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by linuxgirl, Jul 10, 2017.

1. linuxgirl Win User

error loading player no playable sources found

Hello everyone,

I just bought a series of workouts from a website. I log into the site but when I try to play the videos they offer, I get the following error:

This happens on edge and on chrome. On firefox the link doesn't even load.

When I try in other computers, it works perfectly fine, it is just in that laptop that I get this error.

I read somewhere that it might be a problem with adobe flash player. I uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times but I still get the error.

BTW, it was working fine until 2 days ago and I didn't do any changes to the laptop, which has windows 10.

Another weird thing - when I go to the adobe site, via chrome, to download the installer for the adobe flash player, it says that it is installed but disabled on chrome. It gives a way to check but when I check it, it shows that flash player is enabled and the site is whitelisted.

Any ideas?

Did anyone come across this problem?

Thanks!

:)

linuxgirl, Jul 10, 2017

2. Error loading player: No playable sources found.

Hi Im using windows 10 and Chrome as my browser and 2 days ago I can watch at <mod removed> but yesterday when I tried to open the site it keeps on telling me error loading player.. What do I need to do? Flash Player is allowed already but it still is
    not working. Thank you.

Sheryl3090, Jul 10, 2017
  3. error loading player; no playable sources found

Hi Eloisa,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand that you are getting an error message “error loading player; no playable sources found.”

I will surely help you to fix this issue.

Please provide us the following information:

• Which Media Player are you using?

• When exactly do you get this error message?

• What is the format of the file that you are trying to play?

• Is the issue confined with particular file?

Do get back to us with the details, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 10, 2017
  4. torre Win User

2018 Ten Best Free FLV Players For Windows 10, Windows 7 and Mac

- Do the computers that play the video have a 3rd party player installed ?

- Download a FLV player from the Windows Store or from the link above. Most support all formats.

- Check with the workout website on their recommendations.

- Is Adobe Flash installed on Firefox ? Edge and Chrome have Flash built-in, so you will receive errors at Adobe site.

We are talking about Windows, not Linux ? *Smile

torre, Jul 11, 2017
  5. linuxgirl Win User
    Hi torre, thanks for your reply! It is a windows 10 laptop. Adobe is installed on firefox. I will check regarding a third party player, but when I am watching a video on a website, how do I know which player the website is using? If it is a mp3 file for example, I can see and choose which player to use. But stuff from a website - how do I know which player it is using?

linuxgirl, Jul 11, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    Go to Settings/Apps/Default Apps/Video Player and select.

Can you tell what format of the workout videos ? May want to check with website.

torre, Jul 11, 2017
  7. linuxgirl Win User
    OK, will take a look, thanks!! Which settings though? On the browser? Or on the laptop? If on the laptop, where do I find the Settings? If on the browser, in which one? The main used is google chrome.

linuxgirl, Jul 11, 2017
  8. torre Win User

Click the Windows icon in lower left corner, then click the gear icon.

Or just type in settings in the search bar (click circle next to Windows icon). Use this also for any thing you are trying to locate on the computer.

torre, Jul 11, 2017
  9. linuxgirl Win User
    Nothing works :-( I tried the player you suggested, adobe flash drive update, reset the browser, uninstall and reinstall the browser...still that same error message. Other suggestions? Other things play fine (youtube, etc), just this one gym site on this one laptop doesn't work.

linuxgirl, Jul 11, 2017
  10. torre Win User
    Did you contact the workout website ?

- You have Adobe Flash installed under Programs and tried Firefox ?

- Check the Event Viewer to see if any errors reported for Flash.
    (Control Panel/System Security/Admin Tools/Event Viewer)

- Check Device Manager for any driver issues
    (type device manager in the search circle, bottom left corner, check for any warnings of a driver issue, may be good to reinstall the display driver)

torre, Jul 12, 2017
  11. linuxgirl Win User
    I contacted the workout website, waiting for them to answer. Adobe is installed, but I could not try firefox because it is having a weird issue where it doesn't load https pages, only http. Apparently it is a known bug and they offer how to fix it on Mozilla's site but I don't have time to deal with it now, especially because this website doesn't open in any other browser, so I don't think it would on Mozilla. Drivers are all up to date. The only thing I didn't check yet is the event viewer, its a good idea, I will take a look, thanks!

linuxgirl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. error loading player no playable sources found - Similar Threads - error loading player

2. "Source Dll not Found"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Source Dll not Found": An error "Source Dll not Found" displays every time I open my Laptop . Can anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it ? Thank you ! my laptop is Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/source-dll-not-found/ec7ba76b-7fc6-4d9e-ae1c-ea13b20789e8
  3. "Source Dll not Found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Source Dll not Found": An error "Source Dll not Found" displays every time I open my Laptop . Can anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it ? Thank you ! my laptop is Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/source-dll-not-found/ec7ba76b-7fc6-4d9e-ae1c-ea13b20789e8
  4. "Source Dll not Found"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found

DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found: Hi -I've been having issues recently installing Windows updates and I found that my Windows "Sandbox" environment is no longer working. I've recently been messing with my .net installation to get a specific application working I'm pretty sure that's how I got into this mess...
  6. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  7. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  8. Error loading player: No playable sources found says Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera

in Windows 10 News
    Error loading player: No playable sources found says Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera: [ATTACH]Some users are unable to play videos on their browsers. When they try to do the same, they see Error loading player: No playable sources found, No valid sources are available for this video or No playable sources found, in Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Opera browsers. In...
  9. source files could not be found

source files could not be found: i can't enable dot net 3.5 and it results in an error saying that the component store is corrupted. So i used DISM scanhealth and it said that the component store can be repaired . But after using Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth it says source files could not be...
  10. DISM Source Not Found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Source Not Found: Been Having problem with my video drivers lately, virtual dj, and such, ran sfc/scannow no intergrity violations found, then tried to run Dism and it said "sources not found" that part not sure how to work around it. Windows 10 Pro x64bit 1703 15063.250 Finally got drives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. No compatible source was found for this media

2. windows 10 no comparable source for tis media

3. no playable sources found windows 10 edge

4. no compatible source was found for this media.,
  5. Error loading player: No playable sources found,
  6. No playable sources found using edge in windows 10,
  7. error loading player no playable sources found,
  8. windows edge Error loading player: No playable sources found