Windows 10: Error message in window 10

Discus and support Error message in window 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can anyone help me resolve this error message I keep getting. I am running Windows 10. The message is, Cannot find file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eric HTai BEM, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Error message in window 10

Can anyone help me resolve this error message I keep getting. I am running Windows 10.

The message is,

Cannot find file "C:\User\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\restar.vbs".

I know why it has suddenly started to appear,

Eric.

:)

Eric HTai BEM, Aug 11, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    • Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    • Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    • Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

• Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Error message in window 10

error message

Hi I got this error when I was trying to load windows essential into windows 10, error: 0x80070660 also it said source: crt110-i386. I have tried different registry cleaners but no luck, oh the windows 10 was a fresh install, I have not had this error before,any ideas before I format the drive again.

cookiemonster, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Error message in window 10

1. Error message in window 10 - Similar Threads - Error message window

2. Windows 10 error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 error message: I received a reply from Lester Bernard Reyes method 1 - to run auto runs but there are 6 executable files and I don't know which one to choose. And he also sent method 2 - run system file checker with 4 cmd commandsAnd method 3 - clean boot Which method should I select Please...
  3. Windows 10 error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 error message: I received a reply from Lester Bernard Reyes method 1 - to run auto runs but there are 6 executable files and I don't know which one to choose. And he also sent method 2 - run system file checker with 4 cmd commandsAnd method 3 - clean boot Which method should I select Please...
  4. Windows 10 Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Error Message: I am getting an error message at shutdown about a file named AcSTBhme.exe not starting properly. In a previous thread the answer was to delete Arcsoft Scan'n'Stitch. I've tried to delete the program through Settings, Apps and Uninstall but I get an error message entitled...
  5. Windows 10 Error Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Error Message: I am getting an error message at shutdown about a file named AcSTBhme.exe not starting properly. In a previous thread the answer was to delete Arcsoft Scan'n'Stitch. I've tried to delete the program through Settings, Apps and Uninstall but I get an error message entitled...
  6. Error Message , windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message , windows 10?: How do I correct ‘class not registered’ error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-windows-10/173741ff-5cbb-4712-9fda-3b4aaece6a86
  7. Error Message , windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message , windows 10?: How do I correct ‘class not registered’ error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-windows-10/173741ff-5cbb-4712-9fda-3b4aaece6a86
  8. error message windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error message windows 10: I keep getting a message about an error. windows/stopcode unexpected kernal mode trap. What do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-windows-10/2bde8ae0-471a-4d21-b3e5-c55f4481d78c
  9. Windows 10 error message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 error message: When I try to use certain apps clicking on things or just letting it sit while force a message to appear that say You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc link and I can press the ok button cuz it won't let me submitted by /u/DeceivingBork [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 error message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 error message: I keep getting message from Windows 10 that my license will soon expire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-error-message/8fd8565d-8c93-4fc6-848e-f23700a1d9fd"