Windows 10: Error message: "Unable to create an installation log"

Discus and support Error message: "Unable to create an installation log" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Wondered if someone could help? I have upgraded two machines to Win 10 over the past few days. Both installations went fine initially,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Buff, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Buff Win User

Error message: "Unable to create an installation log"

Hi all,

Wondered if someone could help?

I have upgraded two machines to Win 10 over the past few days. Both installations went fine initially, except that on one machine, after coming out of Outlook I then couldn't restart the app - it said something like I didn't have the correct permissions to access the pst file. I thought it might have something to do with different user accounts so I therefore decided to do a fresh install from USB and all has been fine since.

The other machine had an initial problem with sending emails which was sorted by the sfc /scannow command. However, I now wanted to reinstall Zonealarm - I had thought that it was still installed; it shows up under Programs and Features but doesn't show up in Task Manager or have the usual icon in the taskbar etc...

The version that would be installed (from Windows 8.1) wouldn't work anyway, but when I try and install the correct version I get "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities". I also get the same error message when trying to uninstall the previous version of Zonealarm or use their Clean.exe program. A google search for this doesn't seem to shed too much light on it.

I have a feeling it may be a similar issue to the first machine, as installing Zonealarm on that machine has completed fine, but I didn't really want to do a fresh install on the second machine having got it all set up how I want it.

As mentioned I have a feeling it may have something to do with user accounts - which seem to be different in Windows 10 compared to before, but didn't know where to start on rectifying it.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

Many thanks

:)

Buff, Aug 4, 2015
  2. josekym Win User

Error message in me nokia 3250 " UNABLE TO INSTALL "

Sometimes this message also comes up if some older or similar versions of the software/theme were previously installed and removed. I suspect there are remnants of the previous files which prevent an otherwise normal installation to proceed.

I encountered the same with my wife's 3250 and the only way to get things smooth again is to re-format/hard-reset the phone and format memory card. Luckily, I do this everytime I upgrade the firmware of the 3250. =)

josekym, Aug 4, 2015
  3. korngear Win User
    Error message in me nokia 3250 " UNABLE TO INSTALL "

Are you sure they are sisx extension files?

3250 runs on series 60 3rd edition which is not backward compatible, you cannot run the softwares written for series 60 2nd editon like 6680,N70 etc.

korngear, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Error message: "Unable to create an installation log"

1. Error message: "Unable to create an installation log" - Similar Threads - Error message Unable

2. Install Shield Error 1608 Unable to create install driver instance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Shield Error 1608 Unable to create install driver instance: Of all the Microsoft Community Articles in regards to the Install Shield Error 1608 Unable to create install driver instance. I have seen many valid answers however not the answer to which my own problem with a client could have been solved.If no windows errors are detected...
  3. Install Shield Error 1608 Unable to create install driver instance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Shield Error 1608 Unable to create install driver instance: Of all the Microsoft Community Articles in regards to the Install Shield Error 1608 Unable to create install driver instance. I have seen many valid answers however not the answer to which my own problem with a client could have been solved.If no windows errors are detected...
  4. Error message while creating Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message while creating Installation Media.: Hi everyone. Here is attached the error message screenshot. I'm Dev Channel Insider. I wish to leave Insider Program. The only way to do that is creating a fresh Install of Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This install will erase all apps and files and create new partitions on my SSD....
  5. Error message while creating Installation Media.

Error message while creating Installation Media.: Hi everyone. Here is attached the error message screenshot. I'm Dev Channel Insider. I wish to leave Insider Program. The only way to do that is creating a fresh Install of Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This install will erase all apps and files and create new partitions on my SSD....
  6. Error message unable to solve

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message unable to solve: I have accidentally changed my msconfig settings....and also changed my number of processors to 8..... After which on pressing restart i wasn't able to open into my windows homescreen .... It also gave me a...
  7. Unable to Log In - receiving the "An administrator has restricted sign in" error message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Log In - receiving the "An administrator has restricted sign in" error message: I am currently locked out of my Dell laptop. It pops up with a message that states "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the Internet, and have your administrator sign in first." I am the administrator on my laptop...
  8. Error Message while trying to log in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Message while trying to log in: I tried to access a website and the following message appeared: Your connection is not private...Attackers might be trying to steal your information from (name of link) for example passwords, messages, or credit cards. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID How can I correct...
  9. Installation error message

Installation error message: Hello All, I am trying to install google input too for Windows 10 64 bits and while in the mid i get an error message as follows, I have more than enough disc space and I did restart the pc twice still the same issue, is anyone face this issue and is there a solution for it -...
  10. Error Message in "Windows Logs" "Application" log:

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message in "Windows Logs" "Application" log:: svchost (5680,D,23) SRUJet: The database page read from the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat" at offset 65609728 (0x0000000003e92000) (database page 16017 (0x3E91)) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The stored checksum...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Zonealarm unable to create installation log for logging installation activities