Windows 10: Error Messages when opening Word

Discus and support Error Messages when opening Word in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone can point me to a way to eliminate the error messages below when my neighbor opens Word, Excel or Powerpoint. Background: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gzt7d8, Oct 17, 2015.

1. gzt7d8 Win User

Error Messages when opening Word

I'm hoping someone can point me to a way to eliminate the error messages below when my neighbor opens Word, Excel or Powerpoint.

Background: I helped a neighbor upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All went well and there were no problems. They had Office XP with Frontpage (yes that is old) loaded on Windows 7 and it worked fine. When you opened it there were no error messages after the upgrade was completed.

About a week later they wanted a clean install on the laptop because it had been awhile since they ever did that. I helped them do a clean install, Windows 10 Activated successfully so now it was time to reload the applications.

After we loaded Office XP on the machine we started getting theses messages at the point it was loading. Eventually you would get to the application and it was fully functional.

I put the screen shots in the picture included in this post. I'm hope someone can give me some pointers where to look to and eliminate the problem.

Thanks for listening.

Error Messages when opening Word [​IMG]

:)

gzt7d8, Oct 17, 2015
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

[ASHA 501] Most of the apps can't install from nokia Store..

We need the error message word for word, please. When exactly do you get that certificate message: When opening the store, or when downloading an app? Which app?

Abi99 (2), Oct 17, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    HTC RADAR, READING OFFICE ATTACHMENTS IN YAHOO

What is the error message you get when attempting to open a Word document on the phone?

Entegy, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

The error message is Error 1706 about Setup.hlp or rather PROPLUS.MSI, which cannot be found.

Seems to me like it again needs the CD/DVD with the Office files on it. Have you tried inserting it again, pointing to it in this dialogue and then hitting Ok?

Second point: I know there has been a Service Pack 3 for Office XP. Have you installed that one (and newer updates) again? Maybe having all current Office updates helps...

Joergi, Oct 17, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Oct 17, 2015
  6. gzt7d8 Win User
    gzt7d8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Error Messages when opening Word - Similar Threads - Error Messages opening

2. error messages when using word and excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error messages when using word and excel: hello, i'm getting the error messages below when opening word and excel documentsalso, the document has "unlicensed document" at the top next to the file namei bought the home & student version a few years agoonce i find the license number, how do i correct these...
  3. error messages when using word and excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error messages when using word and excel: hello, i'm getting the error messages below when opening word and excel documentsalso, the document has "unlicensed document" at the top next to the file namei bought the home & student version a few years agoonce i find the license number, how do i correct these...
  4. error messages when using word and excel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint: Hello, I recently deleted a Bloomberg app from my computer using the Uninstall feature, and I also removed some pictures to free up space on my system. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the cause of the following messages I've been receiving when opening various...
  6. Error message when opening Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error message when opening Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to open the Microsoft Store, I get error code 0x80048504. The last article on this was posted in 2017 and the instructions were for IE. I have Edge on my computer. This has been going on for quite some time now and I would really like to get it resolved....
  7. Error message when trying to open photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when trying to open photos: I just downloaded some photos from Google Photos and now my computer won't let me open any photos to view them, it says: "The operation was not completed because an unexpected host ID was encountered." I downloaded the Google Photo app recently before this started happening....
  8. Microsoft Word Error message

in Cortana
    Microsoft Word Error message: For the past 3 to 4 days I cannot open some of the documents saved in my computer that are on Microsoft Word. I keep getting the message that reads like: "We're sorry, bur Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as...
  9. Word error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word error message: I can't access Word and keep getting an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-error-message/4008a518-0613-4c11-8829-de0741fe6c23
  10. MS Word opens with an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word opens with an error message: I have a new Surface Pro 3 with MS Office 10 on it. This is a new machine (2 weeks old.) All Office programs launch properly except Word. When Word is launched (either from a desktop shortcut to the program or by clicking a Word doc) the program opens and immediately displays...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error messages in word and can