Windows 10: Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

Discus and support Error messages when trying to change admin permissions. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DBstumped2023, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe file would not auto-run. Received the following error message:"An administrator has blocked you from running this application. For more information, contact the administrator. Setup.exe"I am the administrator! So, the community suggested I try changing the permissions. Please keep in mind, all I want to do is allow this drive and any future programs/files/software to run without my having to change any administrative permissions. Everything sh

:)

DBstumped2023, Dec 6, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

"The parameter is incorrect" error messag even after in-place upgrade.

Suggest possible permissions issue.

Try Tweaking.com's free repair tool (Google), observing all the cautious preparatory steps.

Select only repairs related to permissions.

dalchina, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Trying to delete a folder but says need permission

Hi Barry,

We need to determine why you are getting the error message "you require permission from VOSTRO470/barry to make changes to this file" when trying to delete a folder. With that said, we would be gathering additional information to have a better view on this
    concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • Aside from editing the permission via Command Prompt, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried deleting other folders? If so, did you experience the same issue?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the instructions provided by
    Deepak_Krishnan R
    found on this
    thread

Once completed, kindly provide us with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Mussels Win User

Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

1. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions. - Similar Threads - Error messages trying

2. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.: Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe file would not auto-run. Received the following error message:"An administrator has blocked you from running this application....
  3. When trying to change permissions for DCOM error in regedit access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When trying to change permissions for DCOM error in regedit access denied: This what I get when I try to do the solutions found hereRegedit Permissions -"Access Denied" or "Error while deleting key" EVEN AS ADMIN! microsoft.comThese do not work, no matter how regedit is started, command prompt, admin privilege's, pSExec etc.Still get access denied....
  4. Q & A: need 'admin permission' when already 'admin' ....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Q & A: need 'admin permission' when already 'admin' ....: delete a app tool you press delete, but it wont let you cos it says need 'admin permission' when already 'admin' .... cos this question make computer fully admin was never answered in those many comments by users now cant even do this simple thing of delete a app...
  5. Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.: Ultimately I am attempting to install a game. There is not enough room on my c: drive to do this so I go to change the app install location and it tells me there are app's from another device installed on D: drive would you like to remove them to install. I click yes I get...
  6. error message when trying to print

error message when trying to print: Hello, Yesterday morning, I printed a document on my Canon 5751 totally all right. When I went to print another document in the afternoon, so o switching off inbetween, I got the error message 0x8007007e, whether printing onto cutepdf or the printer. Nothing works. Can...
  7. Error message when trying to scan

Error message when trying to scan: I am getting on my Samsung Xpress C1860 Printer/Fax/Scanner an "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again, if it does not help,please turn the device off, then switch it on and wait while it warms up". However, I've tried this and it...
  8. Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Change Permissions Locked out of Admin Permissions: Hi, So my problem is on the windows C: properties I'm locked out of editing permissions. The permissions I have ticked our Read & execute List Folder contents Read All other permissions are un ticked. All the solutions I've seen have said just click Edit to change...
  9. Error messages when taking ownership or changing permissions in C:\

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error messages when taking ownership or changing permissions in C:\: I created a Guest account in Windows 10 and I wanted to restrict its access to my other drives/partitions. I managed to do it for my other drives via security/permission settings, but I'm encountering a bunch of error messages such as "failed to enumerate objects" or "file in...
  10. Permissions issue when trying to change file properties

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions issue when trying to change file properties: Hi all - Problem Description: I have a number of media files from ripping/converting my DVDs to a drive that I use for streaming. Some of the older files I have have data in them in properties (Right click file, left click Properties, Details Tab) that for whatever...