Windows 10: Error messages

Discus and support Error messages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I keep on getting the following error message: barrier.c- AcquireSelfProtection0 Any idea what I can do? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaspal 1967, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Error messages

Hi,

I keep on getting the following error message:

barrier.c- AcquireSelfProtection0

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks

:)

Jaspal 1967, Aug 7, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    • Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    • Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    • Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

• Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Aug 7, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Error messages

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Error messages

1. Error messages - Similar Threads - Error messages

2. Constant appearing and disappearing port error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant appearing and disappearing port error message: I started getting annoying notification popping up over and over again on my computer yesterday. It said something about a USB device not being recognized but there was nothing plugged in so I just turned off the notifications. Now, I just hear this constant notification...
  3. Constant appearing and disappearing port error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant appearing and disappearing port error message: I started getting annoying notification popping up over and over again on my computer yesterday. It said something about a USB device not being recognized but there was nothing plugged in so I just turned off the notifications. Now, I just hear this constant notification...
  4. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  5. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  6. Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.: Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-fs2020-on-windows-11-and-hangs-up-on/da57ef9d-dadd-46a2-a763-f962ff5675f3
  7. Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.

Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.: Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-fs2020-on-windows-11-and-hangs-up-on/da57ef9d-dadd-46a2-a763-f962ff5675f3
  8. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": Hello.As you can see I install latest x86 32-bit: vc_redist.x86.exe and x64 64-bit: vc_redist.x64.exe. But it is have issues. I was clicking on WSASetting.exe....
  9. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": Hello.As you can see I install latest x86 32-bit: vc_redist.x86.exe and x64 64-bit: vc_redist.x64.exe. But it is have issues. I was clicking on WSASetting.exe....
  10. How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...: Every time I turn on my computer, this error message comes up. "Failed to initialize .NET Framework. Please try to re-install it." I am not well versed on computers. I don't even know where to find the solutions. Please help....