Windows 10: Error On Trying to enable Administrator Account

Discus and support Error On Trying to enable Administrator Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I get an error when i try to enable the administrator account so it shows at logon It is as follows any help is appreciated See the end of this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by alt1231, Mar 27, 2018.

1. alt1231 Win User

Error On Trying to enable Administrator Account

I get an error when i try to enable the administrator account so it shows at logon
    It is as follows any help is appreciated
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: The domainSid parameter must be specified for creating well-known SID of type AccountAdministratorSid.
    Parameter name: domainSid
    at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier..ctor(WellKnownSidType sidType, SecurityIdentifier domainSid)
    at WinaeroTweaker.Pages.pageEnableAdministrator.GetAdminAccountName()
    at WinaeroTweaker.Pages.pageEnableAdministrator.EnableDisableAdmin(Boolean Enable)
    at WinaeroTweaker.Pages.pageEnableAdministrator.cmdDisableAdmin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    WinaeroTweaker
    Assembly Version: 0.9.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Winaero%20Tweaker/WinaeroTweaker.exe
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    WinaeroControls
    Assembly Version: 2.0.2.4
    Win32 Version: 2.0.2.4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Winaero%20Tweaker/WinaeroControls.DLL
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
    System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

:)

alt1231, Mar 27, 2018

2. turbo tax 2017 install

Do you get an error message when trying to install it?

Try signing into the local Administrator Account then try performing the installation from then.

To enable Windows Super Administrator Account:

Click Start, type CMD in the search box.

Right-click the CMD, the select Run as administrator.

To enable this account, type the command below and press Enter.

Net user administrator /active:yes

To disable this account, type the command below and press Enter.

Net user administrator /active:no

Run the following commands if you decide that you need a password for the administrator’s account that you are going to activate or if you are unable to activate it with a blank password:

Net user administrator P@$$w0rd

Net user administrator activate:yes

Andre Da Costa, Mar 27, 2018
  3. RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR NOT WORKING WITH ANYTHING.

Yesterday i changed the password of admin account and after that in command prompt (admin) i disabled administrator.

Now whenever i am trying to enable the administrator account or run anything as administrator,it says a password is needed but there is no box to write the pw and the only option is NO.

Command prompt is also not working as admin.Shows the same error.

I am not able to enable the administrator accoint as well because commmand prompt needs to be run as an administrator to do this.

I cant run anything as administrator.

Tufailshah1, Mar 27, 2018
Thema:

Error On Trying to enable Administrator Account

1. Error On Trying to enable Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Error Trying enable

2. How to enable administrator account without admin privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable administrator account without admin privileges: Hi, I changed my administrator account password and removed my standard user account from administrators group. However I didn't know that administrator account was disabled and now I have no admin privileges. When I try to open something as admin, the UAC shows but there is...
  3. How to enable administrator account without admin privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable administrator account without admin privileges: Hi, I changed my administrator account password and removed my standard user account from administrators group. However I didn't know that administrator account was disabled and now I have no admin privileges. When I try to open something as admin, the UAC shows but there is...
  4. Enable Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator: I just built a PC and Installed a new copy of Windows10 pro. I want to have full access to everything using the Administrator account. Every attempt I have tried has not born fruit. I have tried the command line "net user" the "lusrmgr.msc" console and the secpol.msc...
  5. Creating an Administrator Account Error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating an Administrator Account Error: I am trying to sign into my Microsoft Account to set it up under a user account on my new desktop. I originally had a laptop that was set up with the account. I am still able to sign into that account, but when I try to link it with the User for my desktop, I get to the page...
  6. Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Should i enable the hidden administrator account?: Should i enable the hidden administrator account? Could someone clarify what the advantage is? 125074
  7. Cannot enable my default administrator account

Cannot enable my default administrator account: Hi Everyone, I'm begging for your help on this one. Recently, I've used Hyper V to install virtual Windows Server 2016 on my computer. I accidentally joined that computer in the domain and now I already deleted that domain without knowing that my computer is still part of...
  8. Cannot enable my default administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enable my default administrator account: Hi Everyone, I'm begging for your help on this one. Recently, I've used Hyper V to install virtual Windows Server 2016 on my computer. I accidentally joined that computer in the domain and now I already deleted that domain without knowing that my computer is still part of...
  9. Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10: Dear All, I just created a local user account in windows 10 pro. But unfortunately, I disable the administrator account and restart the system. i wanted to enable administrator account again now but its showing access is denied error. Can anyone suggest me to enable...
  10. Enable Administrator

Enable Administrator: Hi I have a Laptop (Windows Home 10) and a Desktop (Windows 8.1 home) and I want to enable Administrator on both. I have used all of the suggesting about this I got on the internet and nothing works. Sure could use some help here. Thanks Ed 40550

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The domainSid parameter must be specified for creating well-known SID of type AccountAdministratorSid