Windows 10: Error opening MS Word

Discus and support Error opening MS Word in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just upgraded from W7to W10 today and have done some tweaks to the system regarding all those privacy issues. Now I've installed Ms Office and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by binks, Apr 8, 2016.

1. binks Win User

Error opening MS Word

I've just upgraded from W7to W10 today and have done some tweaks to the system regarding all those privacy issues. Now I've installed Ms Office and when wanting to open Word, I was greeted with this

Error opening MS Word [​IMG]

error screen.
    Why is that? How should I configure my system? This error is just usless. It doesn't tell me anything.

:)

binks, Apr 8, 2016
  2. SJMC8080 Win User

Can't open Word *.doc attachment

I have a Nokia Lumia 920. I can't open any MS Word file. I get an error "Oops! We're not sure what's wrong, but we can't open this file." It's a MS Word document that can be open in other manufacturer OS smart phones and tablets.

SJMC8080, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Microsoft Word (Protected View) has stopped working.

I installed the 2 updates. MS Word cannot now open MS Word files sent via email attachments. Have tried multiple files from multiple senders. Can successfully open those same attachments on other machines not yet updated.

As usual, MS Word begins the process of opening those files in its Protected View since they are sent via the web. However, all I get is an error message stating "Microsoft Word (Protected View) has stopped working."

I have uninstalled one of the 2 updates, KB3163018, but no joy. Have not yet uninstalled KB3149135. Any word from other users yet about like problems?

zyzzyxsquared, Apr 8, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Error opening MS Word

It's usually critical to know exactly which version of programs are involved and which version of the OS is installed. With Office there's a suite version such as Office 2010 and each application inside the suite have a version number such as Word 14 for Office 2010. Then for each version of the programs there is 32-bit or 64-bit and the OS can be either 32-bit or 64-bit. The 64-bit software can't run on the 32-bit OS.

Berton, Apr 8, 2016
  5. strollin Win User
    I would back out the tweaks you did one-at-a-time to see if one of them caused the issue. If you find one of them caused the issue, then try with all the other tweaks except that one. I have used all versions of Office on Win 10 starting with Office 2003 without issue.

strollin, Apr 8, 2016
  6. binks Win User
    Thx
    Ok, OS is Win10Pro, I've applied updates from today(09.04.16), Office is Ms Office 2010. I didn't changed any settings when installing Office so I presume that it is 32bit ver

binks, Apr 8, 2016
  7. binks Win User
    I get it and that's what I would have done if I would tweaked just one or few options. But since I've spend few hours changing Group Policy, changing some settings in system Setting option and used 2 different tweaking programs, I was hoping you guys could help me to figure this out without having to repair Win

binks, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Error opening MS Word

1. Error opening MS Word - Similar Threads - Error opening Word

2. random MS Word opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random MS Word opening: I've got Win 10, and when I renewed it, MS Word opens a new blank doc at random times. Despite calling patient people in India, I can't get rid of this annoying habit. Does anyone have this experience, and a tip to control MS Word?...
  3. random MS Word opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    random MS Word opening: I've got Win 10, and when I renewed it, MS Word opens a new blank doc at random times. Despite calling patient people in India, I can't get rid of this annoying habit. Does anyone have this experience, and a tip to control MS Word?...
  4. random MS Word opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Word opening ERROR while playing any game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Word opening ERROR while playing any game: Please help!! I've reset my pc several times but this error is still persisting and i cannot find any help on YouTube and all. Whenever I play any game per say warzone or apex legends after a good 5-10 mins my "W" key and many other keys on keyboard including the right click...
  6. Word will not open following MS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word will not open following MS update: While using my laptop Dell Inspiron 25 and Office 365 Family, the laptop speed using Word and internet slowed significantly. I have a fast ATT internet and am connected directly to Modem. Hoping to correct this slowdown, I did a restart, and received message "Getting...
  7. Ms. Word keep open automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ms. Word keep open automatically: Hi, I updated my laptop with Windows 10 version 1903. Since then, Microsoft Word keep open automatically every time I turn on or restart my laptop. It is not on my Startup applications list and I already check the setting on the Word app (File>Option>untick 'Show the Start...
  8. MS Word won't open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Word won't open: MS Word won't open any .doc or .docx files. It returns error messages as shown in the screen captures below. [img] [img] [img] 132927
  9. MS Word Error

MS Word Error: So I couldn't fit the whole error message so I'll put it here: Word could not create the work file. Check the Temp environment variable. I did this thing where you'd change the name of the users folder with regedit. I had to do a couple things to make it work like deleting...
  10. MS Word opens with an error message

MS Word opens with an error message: I have a new Surface Pro 3 with MS Office 10 on it. This is a new machine (2 weeks old.) All Office programs launch properly except Word. When Word is launched (either from a desktop shortcut to the program or by clicking a Word doc) the program opens and immediately displays...