Windows 10: Error regarding RTKVAC.SYS

Discus and support Error regarding RTKVAC.SYS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is onboard audio, but this doesn't mean it is Realtek AC'97 codec. It can be Soundmax, C-Media or something else. Use Aida64 to find out. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kaygill, Aug 6, 2015.

1. kaygill Win User

Error regarding RTKVAC.SYS

Now I don't quite know what happened but I went searching for Realtek with those C658 details and found a couple. I then deleted all Realteck ones I had and reinstalled that original one of yours called just "Audio" I then had that showing at the top of Device Manager (because it started with A) but still didn't work I then went for a search for an update of the driver as it said no driver was installed. I had a realtek file on my USB stick from this computer and suddenly it found "whatever" and went ahead and install Realtek complete. It shows as realtek 97in Control panel just like it did before.
    Anyway I now have all systems working...
    Line in (Realtek AC 97 Audio)
    Microphone (Realtek AC 97 Audio)
    Phone Line (Realtek AC 97 Audio)
    SPDIF (Realtek AC 97 Audio)
    Speakers (Realtek AC 97 Audio)
    I did a "properties" on all of the above and there are NO Drivers needed or installed on any of them.
    I'm sorry I can't give more details but it looks as though with your very good help and my persistence it has decided to work.
    I am really grateful for your help as I would probably have just given up and used the USB Card.
    Thanks again
    Kaye

kaygill, Nov 10, 2015
  2. spapakons Win User

Wait! This is an ATI SB400 AC'97 audio card (VIA 8233 AC'97 chipset), not a standard Realtek AC'97 audio card. So you need different driver. Go to the VIA download site and select 1) Microsoft Windows, 2) Windows Vista 32-bit (or 64-bit), 3) Audio, 4) VIA AC'97 and click to download the driver. Since the setup might not work in Windows 10, extract the files in a folder and try to manually install the driver from Device Manager. The direct download link is here.

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
  3. kaygill Win User
    Thanks for that link and have downloaded that package. At this early stage I will leave things as they are and do a lot more tests on the computer as it is. See if it holds ok with the sound. The old saying comes to mind....if it ain't broke don't fix it....so I have included that download in my list in case it goes all bad. I appreciate your help and will let you know how it goes after a bit more running. It is my spare computer and I am about to lend it to a friend who is having trouble with his own machine so that will test it further. TNX

kaygill, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Error regarding RTKVAC.SYS

I need Help from you. I updated my PC to Windows 10, but the sound doesn't work.
    I have a Realtek board and when I try to install his drivers the pc crashes with a blue screen.
    How I can resolve this problem?
    Ps I'm Italian, sorry for my English

EmanueleFulco, Dec 5, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    spapakons, Dec 5, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Try this link from drivers base. I just downloaded, it works. I hope it is the same working AOpen audio driver (haven't tried).

I would upload it here, but it exceeds the limit of 8MB and doesn'e allow me. If it does work, please let me know. Download it as long as the link still works.

spapakons, Dec 5, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Hello again!

My Windows 10 32-bit installation in my Server test machine had some issues including a nasty BSOD when trying to install any cumulative updates. So I had to use the show/hide tool to block these updates and install all the rest. Not really convenient. So I decided to do a clean Windows 10 installation using a spare disk, so I can always boot with the old disk and use the PC until the new installation is complete. Since the server has 4GB RAM, I decided to install the 64-bit version to make it as fast as it gets.

My biggest concern was making the Realtek AC'97 onboard audio card work in Windows 10 64-bit. As you probably know both the last Windows Vista driver and the last Windows XP driver produce a BSOD because of some incompatibility with certain driver files. The solution in Windows 10 32-bit is to manually install a very old Windows XP driver, version 3.62, such as the Aopen 1558-JLV Realtec AC'97 driver for Windows XP. But what about Windows 10 64-bit? This driver is for Windows 2000 and XP 32-bit only!

After trying many drivers without success (BSOD in each one), I thought to do the same trick: manually install a very old driver for Windows XP x64. But this was rather hard to find. After some Google search, I found it at show/hide tool to block the Realtek Semiconductor audio driver, so Windows Update won't replace your working driver and cause BSOD!

Only drawback: No recording devices are installed, so you can play sound but not record. But who cares? It works! Don't worry about Skype, just use a USB webcam with build-in microphone and your are good to go!

I hope that helps! *Biggrin

PS: If anyone finds another working driver that also enables recording, please do post it here! Thank you in advance!

spapakons, Mar 4, 2016
  8. spapakons Win User

Hello!

I recently updated my test Server machine (see my previous post) to the latest Windows 10 Pro v1709 Fall Creator's Update. As before each update I had completely disabled the Realtek AC'97 audio in the BIOS to avoid any BSOD that would interrupt the update and screw my installation. Once the update was complete I enabled the audio card again and went in Device Manager to change the driver. I saw there was a new Microsoft driver installed that did not give a BSOD! I don't know if this was a coincidence, but it seems the issue is fixed in the latest Windows 10 update! Please do me a favor, create a System Restore point and then update your Realtek AC'97 machine to latest Windows 10 build, then let me know if you also had success with Microsoft driver! I need to confirm that Microsoft driver solves the issue before trying that to one of my customers.

Thank you in advance.

PS: The old trick with the Windows XP x64 driver (see my previous post) had the drawback that installed only the Realtek AC'97 playback devices, not any Realtek AC'97 recording device, so you cannot use the microphone with Skype or the line-in to record sounds. The Microsoft driver installs all the devices and the Realtek AC'97 card is fully functional!

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Error regarding RTKVAC.SYS - Similar Threads - Error regarding RTKVAC

2. Regarding 0x80070643 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding 0x80070643 error: Dear Group :2024-01 Security Update Win 10- Version 22H2 KB5034441 .... with error : 0x80070643Having the same problem with this update failing . I assume - " we'll " being Microsoft - will try later to fix this problem . ?? Is something in the works ? It has been 2 months...
  3. The Netwsw02.sys error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Netwsw02.sys error: Hello,What is the solution for the "Netwsw02.sys" error with blue screen?It always occurs for me from time to time, and by the way I noticed one time after such error that one of the folders containing all my work on the "E drive" was corrupted. I don't know what's the cause...
  4. The Netwsw02.sys error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Netwsw02.sys error: Hello,What is the solution for the "Netwsw02.sys" error with blue screen?It always occurs for me from time to time, and by the way I noticed one time after such error that one of the folders containing all my work on the "E drive" was corrupted. I don't know what's the cause...
  5. The Netwsw02.sys error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Update requested regarding the BSOD error involving netwlv64.sys

Update requested regarding the BSOD error involving netwlv64.sys: I see that BSOD errors involving Driver IRQL not less or equal / netwlv64.sys were a frequent subject of discussion between 2013 and 2016, involving computers running Windows 8 and Windows 10. I am asking if there has been any progress regarding a fix? I recently bought a...
  7. error netr8ux,sys

error netr8ux,sys: en pantalla azul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-netr8uxsys/e3abc0fd-ad15-46ac-8f88-7a98cdef5bd7
  8. Regarding error 522

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding error 522: I have but only one question how do I fix an error 522 also I am not the owner of the website. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-error-522/ee588e3d-af42-4f0e-b24c-61a81896f8d1
  9. netwsw00.sys error

netwsw00.sys error: the blue screen is coming very often i have a laptop which is upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and its a i7 processor... Can somebody help me how to fix this .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netwsw00sys-error/25e3bf67-b644-48bd-8408-68b36d20bcd9
  10. BSOD error igdkmd64.sys (5109aeb3)

BSOD error igdkmd64.sys (5109aeb3): Hello, please help me to solve this problem. DM Log Collector below 74093

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rtkvac sys 32