Windows 10: Error says I don't have access

Discus and support Error says I don't have access in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a program and each time I get an error message which says "IPersistFile::Save failed, code0x80070005. Access Denied" So I googled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xpac5896, Nov 27, 2017.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Error says I don't have access

I'm trying to install a program and each time I get an error message which says "IPersistFile::Save failed, code0x80070005. Access Denied" So I googled the code and is basically says that I have misconfigured system files and to download a repair tool which I can't get to because my Maqlwarebytes blocks the website. I also found an answer to the same question which has to do with what type of third party security programs are you running because they can cause the same problem. Well I'm also running Bitdefender which has a Safe Files area where you are supposed to place any exe you wish to have access or be installed and the exe is is also there. Then while doing some more digging I found from Microsoft:Windows Support a page which tells you to download "the SubInACL tool" and install it to the default path that is offered by the installer". Then it tells you start Notepad and copy, basically a bat file which you create and save it as a rest command. Ok I'm lost. Have no idea what's going on. How do you run something while a program is installing especially in it's path? Here'a a link to the Microsoft page to which I'm referring, you might already know about it but I feel better putting it her just in case you don't. "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...indows-update-when-you-try-to-install-updates". Also I'm attaching a copy of the error message for better clarification. Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

xpac5896, Nov 27, 2017

2. I don't have access to anything

So i was playing games yesterday and then went out and turned off my computer and when i came back later i couldn't hear any sound and my mic wasn't registering. and when i tried to go into control
    panel it said i didn't have access to it and then i noticed that some items in my taskbar where invisible and i can only access my files if i rightclick and then press open so if i just double click it like i would normally do i will say i don't have access
    to it. So i got a shortcut to system restore online and when i opened that it said "System restore doesn't seem to work on this computer"(translated from swedish) and after that it says " A component for the service Volume Shadow Copy ran into a unexpected
    problem". I wonder if anyone knows how to fix it or if i will have to pay for proffesionals to do a system wipe. And also i can't open the windows menu or the search iqon in the lower left.

Emil Andreason, Nov 27, 2017
  3. I don't have access to anything

Give this a try.

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Reset this PC

Click Keep my files

Choose your account

Enter your password

Click Continue

Click Reset

If that does not work:

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 27, 2017
  4. Error says I don't have access

The file cannot save whatever file it's attempting to save. Have you tried to run the application installer as an Administrator?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 28, 2017
  5. xpac5896 Win User
    Yes I have. The only difference since the last time I installed the program is that I installed Bitdefender. This program aside from being antivirus is that it will not allow programs to be installed unless the EXE is placed in the SAFE FOLDER (Pic 1). This allows you to control what programs are installed and supposedly keeps nasty stuff from being installed on your computer without you knowing it. As you can see in Pic 2, the exe's are there. I've already sent an email to Bitdefender to see if that's the problem. I've already downloaded another copy of the program and tried to install but get the same results. I have disregarded the error and tried the program but all the program does is lock up.

xpac5896, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Error says I don't have access

1. Error says I don't have access - Similar Threads - Error says don't

2. Why don't I have access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why don't I have access?: So anytime I try to change security on any folder any shortcut any game, I try to give full controll to myself but says access denied. Says access denied for everything and doesn't allow me to download games. Like to change permissions for users I can't do it. So how do I...
  3. Why don't I have access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have access?: So anytime I try to change security on any folder any shortcut any game, I try to give full controll to myself but says access denied. Says access denied for everything and doesn't allow me to download games. Like to change permissions for users I can't do it. So how do I...
  4. Why don't I have access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Access WindowsApps Folder... Windows Says I Don't Have Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Access WindowsApps Folder... Windows Says I Don't Have Access: https://thegeekpage.com/access-windows-apps-folder-in-windows-10/ I followed these steps but when I try to change the folder's owner to TrustedInstaller nothing happens. I select that name but then it still says "Unable to display owner" and I still cannot access the folder....
  6. Highway Raser 2 installation says I don't have access?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highway Raser 2 installation says I don't have access?: Wants to install highway speeder 2 but here comes this error use Windows 10 64-bit [ATTACH] Autobahn Raser 2 Installation sagt ich habe keinen Zugriff?
  7. I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission: I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-the-screensaver-manager-it-says-i/22edcd86-1556-48eb-a7ba-fb65c496f3fa
  8. External hard drive says I don't have access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive says I don't have access: I have a brand new surface pro 7 and when I tried to open my removable hard drive it says I don't have access and I don't understand the instructions on how to gain access. Please help or let me know where to go for help. Thanks...
  9. I have internet access except windows says i don't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have internet access except windows says i don't: I don't know why but since the 27th of November my computer is telling me that I don't have internet access even though I do and can use it normally. However, a few things do not work like checking for updates I'm guessing because it checks my network status. Onedrive gets...
  10. Don't have access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have access: I try and open a program but it says I have no access. I have gone on both drives and changed the security so everyone has full access, but once it comes to the program I want to run, an error saying it was denied comes up. No idea what is wrong. This is for a video game, and...