Windows 10: Error - side by side configuration as incorrect.

Discus and support Error - side by side configuration as incorrect. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to install free software called audacity. I'm facing the error of "side by side configuration". I was facing this trouble in windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Jul 1, 2016.

1. archz2 Win User

Error - side by side configuration as incorrect.

I'm trying to install free software called audacity. I'm facing the error of "side by side configuration". I was facing this trouble in windows 7. Feeling frustrated, I updated to windows 10. Unfortunately, this error is still there and I am unable to install this free software. I also double checked and downloaded the exe again but the trouble is not gone. Please help

:)

archz2, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Lestucho Win User

Side by Side Configuration incorrect (Error)

Hello!

I've tried everything I can to solve this problem. Can't even uninstall my own apps. Can't launch any apps.

Please help.

The exact error says:

This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. Please help. I'd hate to reinstall windows all over and re-install
    all my apps again.

* Moved from Insider

Lestucho, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Side by Side Configuration incorrect (Error)

Tried that too. It didn't work. I restored windows to a previous date. Problem solved. There is a windows update messing with my apps.

LESTER MOLINA ESPINOSA, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

Error - side by side configuration as incorrect.

1. Error - side by side configuration as incorrect. - Similar Threads - Error side side

2. Side by Side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side by Side configuration is incorrect: I recently downloaded an application, that being a game off of M.U.G.E.N which is a game engine, I downloaded it and tried opening it however I keep getting an error that says the side by side configuration is incorrect. I have no clue what that means or how to fix it and if...
  3. Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hello - My Dell laptop just through an error that "the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". I have Microsoft 365 installed but use Chrome as my web browser. The error occurred when trying to launch Chrome. I believe this is also...
  4. Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error side-by-side configuration is incorrect: Hello - My Dell laptop just through an error that "the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect". I have Microsoft 365 installed but use Chrome as my web browser. The error occurred when trying to launch Chrome. I believe this is also...
  5. Side by Side Configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Side by Side Configuration is incorrect: Hi All,I have just down loaded a new program and when I went to open it and use it I got the following The application has failed to start because its side to side configuration is incorrect see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  6. Side by Side Configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by Side Configuration is incorrect: Hi All,I have just down loaded a new program and when I went to open it and use it I got the following The application has failed to start because its side to side configuration is incorrect see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  7. Side by side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by side configuration is incorrect: On nearly every application I get a side by side error. Can't reinstall c++ redist because the installer gives the same error. I checked the registry to make sure the values matched. SFC finds issues but can't fix them. DISM sipts out errors no matter how I try to run it,...
  8. side by side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    side by side configuration is incorrect: I have had several apps Microsoft Office 2007, Origin, Steam suddenly stop working, all with the same message "This app has failed to launch because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool...
  9. side by side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    side by side configuration is incorrect: I have been using Windows 10 from long time ago . But recently , almost all my applications except google chrome & I Tunes are not starting and a message shown is : the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect . Please see the...
  10. "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect": Does anyone know anything about this error message that I'm getting when I'm trying to start Logitech Setpoint in Windows 10 64 bit? Apparently it's relatively common for all sorts of applications. 56309