Windows 10: Error - side by side configuration as incorrect.

Discus and support Error - side by side configuration as incorrect. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to install free software called audacity. I'm facing the error of "side by side configuration". I was facing this trouble in windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Jul 1, 2016.

1. archz2 Win User

Error - side by side configuration as incorrect.

I'm trying to install free software called audacity. I'm facing the error of "side by side configuration". I was facing this trouble in windows 7. Feeling frustrated, I updated to windows 10. Unfortunately, this error is still there and I am unable to install this free software. I also double checked and downloaded the exe again but the trouble is not gone. Please help

:)

archz2, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Lestucho Win User

Side by Side Configuration incorrect (Error)

Hello!

I've tried everything I can to solve this problem. Can't even uninstall my own apps. Can't launch any apps.

Please help.

The exact error says:

This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. Please help. I'd hate to reinstall windows all over and re-install
    all my apps again.

* Moved from Insider

Lestucho, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Side by Side Configuration incorrect (Error)

Tried that too. It didn't work. I restored windows to a previous date. Problem solved. There is a windows update messing with my apps.

LESTER MOLINA ESPINOSA, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

Error - side by side configuration as incorrect.

1. Error - side by side configuration as incorrect. - Similar Threads - Error side side

2. Side-By-Side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side-By-Side configuration is incorrect: Hi there. For the past couples of months whenever I try to open an app such as steam or League of Legends on my MSI Laptop with Microsoft 10 OS I am met with an error that says the Side-by-side configuration is incorrect. I understand that this is a pretty common problems and...
  3. "Side by side configuration" Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Side by side configuration" Error: I'm catching this error with almost all of my apps. I can't open word, adobe reader, windows media player and I can't uninstall or install apps/programs. Attached is the exact error I' m getting. I haven't downloaded anything new. Any idea what is causing this? [img]...
  4. Side by Side configuration error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side by Side configuration error: When I try to open a game, an error comes up saying "The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect". I already tried download the C++ package but when I try to run it the same thing comes up. I've already tried everything but when I...
  5. Side By Side Configuration is Incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side By Side Configuration is Incorrect: Hello everybody, I have recently run into an issue with pretty much all of my applications, accept for a select few ones. Chrome, Default Windows apps (settings, control panel, command prompt, etc.) and OBS Studio seem to be unaffected. However, most apps and games I use all...
  6. Side by side configuration is incorrect problem

Side by side configuration is incorrect problem: Hello, I have windows 10 x64 and I'm trying to install java development kit 11.0.1 but it gives the side by side issue.. Any help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect-problem/fb661693-ef3d-4f6e-8173-9d451fcb0c74
  7. side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    side-by-side configuration is incorrect.: Getting error message after running command "B2BServer.exe /regserver " The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. I ran the below...
  8. side by side configuration incorrect error message

side by side configuration incorrect error message: I was using my spreadsheet apps successfully and all of a sudden I get the error message side by side configuration is incorrect. I've got Windows 10. I've tried downloading the repair tool from various sites but none of them work because of the same error message. I've...
  9. "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect": Does anyone know anything about this error message that I'm getting when I'm trying to start Logitech Setpoint in Windows 10 64 bit? Apparently it's relatively common for all sorts of applications. 56309
  10. Side by side configuration incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Side by side configuration incorrect: Hi I have sorted it after much fighting ... Had to manually delete the files suggested here .. Ask Sage - How to completely remove Sage Accounts 're installed and all was well