Windows 10: Error sounds won't play

Discus and support Error sounds won't play in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having a problem, and it started ever since I changed my system sound scheme. It worked fine until I restarted my computer, and now whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a person, Dec 19, 2017.

1. a person Win User

Error sounds won't play

I've been having a problem, and it started ever since I changed my system sound scheme. It worked fine until I restarted my computer, and now whenever I get an error or trigger things that should make a sound, nothing happens. I changed it back to default but still no sound from error messages. In case your wondering, it's only the sound that won't work, the error message or notification still pops up, it's just no sound plays.

:)

a person, Dec 19, 2017

2. No sound or picture on youtube videos

Just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my youtube videos (picture and sound) get an Error message and won't play.

sandrajohnson234, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Surface Book has issues after anniversary update

I have had no problems with my Surface Book until the recent Anniversary update. I now am having the following issues after I
    power on my machine:

No sound. MP3 files load but won't play and there are no system sounds.

Video won't play. Same as sound - load, but stays at 0:00. I am getting Flash plugin stopped errors in Chrome. Video won't play in Edge, Chrome or Opera.

Notifications in the Action Center lock up both the Action Center and the taskbar.

Sporadic network connection issues. Pages slow to load or hang (related to the Flash issue?).

If I restart the computer, the above issues are gone.

Dennis Agosta, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Error sounds won't play

Hi a person. Welcome to the TenForums @a person

First off I would right click the speaker in the lower right corner, systray or notification area, then open volume mixer. What level are the system sounds set to. If they are not muted and are loud enough to hear, close that window. (move the slider up to at least half way.)

Next right click speaker and this time click sounds. In the sounds window that opened look for Critical stop. Is there a little speaker to the left of the words. If a speaker is present click on test. Did you hear a sound? (make sure volume is loud enough.)

If there is no speaker present move down to sound box and pick a sound. Click test. If you heard a sound then click apply.

Post back what happened.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 19, 2017
Thema:

Error sounds won't play

1. Error sounds won't play - Similar Threads - Error sounds won't

2. Sound won't play from the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound won't play from the internet.: The sound works fine if it is music that is saved on my computer iTunes, Rekordbox etc but not if it is streaming from the internet or Spotify ap. I have tried many different browsers and reset my computer....
  3. Sound won't play from the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound won't play from the internet.: The sound works fine if it is music that is saved on my computer iTunes, Rekordbox etc but not if it is streaming from the internet or Spotify ap. I have tried many different browsers and reset my computer....
  4. Windows won't play any sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows won't play any sound: Hi, so I recently got a new Windows laptop around a month ago. It was working perfectly fine, until one day it just stopped playing any audio. It doesn't work whether I'm using headphones or not, but if I plug it into the TV HDMI it works. If I try play any audio files or try...
  5. Pc won't play sound.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc won't play sound.: Recently i unplugged my headphones to see if my new speakers on my laptop were working. i started a song, mp3 file in case you were wondering and it came out w/ an error message saying "the file was encoded in an unsupported format". i tried plugging my headphones in, and now...
  6. HDMI won't play sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  7. HDMI won't play sound.

HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  8. Sound suddenly won't play.

Sound suddenly won't play.: Hi. I have a problem with my Realtek sound. It was working fine until Friday. No sound would play through it. When I try to run a test, it would say "Error. Failed to play test tone". Now I've been through the entire "Fix Sound Problems in Windows 10" 10 point list. It still...
  9. Chrome Won't Play Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chrome Won't Play Sound: Hello, There was a recent update that went out for Windows 10 which I got. Shortly thereafter I downloaded Discord on my laptop. While in Discord, I was testing out their new screen sharing function by playing a youtube video which noticeably wasn't playing sound. Ever...
  10. PC won't play sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't play sound: I recently updated some of my audio drivers because my computer kept crashing (thread stuck in device driver error) and that appeared to be the only driver for which an update was available. Now I have no sound. My speakers won't play any sound of any kind (system sounds or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. M7V82