Windows 10: Error: The service cannot accept control messages at this time

Discus and support Error: The service cannot accept control messages at this time in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As a Windows 10 user you might come across the error message, Error 1061 The service cannot accept control messages at this time while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 18, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Error: The service cannot accept control messages at this time

WinClub, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Nihal C. Win User

Cannot run task manager or Regedit shows the error "this service cannot acess control messages at this time"

error when trying to open task manager

[Window Title]

C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe

[Content]

C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe

The service cannot accept control messages at this time.

[OK]

error while try to open registory editor

[Window Title]

C:\Windows\regedit.exe

[Content]

C:\Windows\regedit.exe

The service cannot accept control messages at this time.

[OK]

Nihal C., Aug 18, 2018
  3. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be occurred due to corrupted Windows services and updates.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which account are you facing this issue?
    • Are you connected to Domain?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    You may login to other account and check if the RegEdit works.

I suggest you to modify the registry to increase the default time-out value for the service control manager. To increase this value to 60 seconds, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type regedit, and hit
      enter.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
    Note: If the Services PipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.

• Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click Services PipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    • Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
    • This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
    • Restart the computer.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: Install all the pending updates logging into Microsoft account and check.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you regarding this issue.

Refer: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Error: The service cannot accept control messages at this time

Services "Application Information" or "User Profile Service" high CPU

I deleted the files and let ADW restart my computer. The processor drain is still present and the services are still not accepting control messages. Any ideas for the next step?

Arsenurderer, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Error: The service cannot accept control messages at this time

1. Error: The service cannot accept control messages at this time - Similar Threads - Error service cannot

2. error message "The application is exiting and cannot service this request".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message "The application is exiting and cannot service this request".: I get an error message. desktopextension.exe. The application is exiting and cannot service this request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-the-application-is-exiting-and/e0687fbd-6828-495e-8b7f-c5dd0b53397b
  3. error message "The application is exiting and cannot service this request".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error message "The application is exiting and cannot service this request".: I get an error message. desktopextension.exe. The application is exiting and cannot service this request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-the-application-is-exiting-and/e0687fbd-6828-495e-8b7f-c5dd0b53397b
  4. If I try to activate the Audio Service BUT the error message "Audio service cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I try to activate the Audio Service BUT the error message "Audio service cannot be...: To be able to have SOUND I try to activate the WINDOWS AUDIO SERVICE BUT there's an error message "Audio service cannot be installed"!I mentioned hat I have an 20 years old PC but for 20 years was an high-end PC with Windows 7....
  5. If I try to activate the Audio Service BUT the error message "Audio service cannot be...

If I try to activate the Audio Service BUT the error message "Audio service cannot be...: To be able to have SOUND I try to activate the WINDOWS AUDIO SERVICE BUT there's an error message "Audio service cannot be installed"!I mentioned hat I have an 20 years old PC but for 20 years was an high-end PC with Windows 7....
  6. How to fix "This service cannot accept control messages at this time"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "This service cannot accept control messages at this time": Okay so I used Chris Titus Tech Windows Utility to disable some services which i dont need and now after that I cant open powershell admin,cmd admin,taskmanager ...... So please help i am begging you guys....
  7. How to fix "This service cannot accept control messages at this time"

How to fix "This service cannot accept control messages at this time": Okay so I used Chris Titus Tech Windows Utility to disable some services which i dont need and now after that I cant open powershell admin,cmd admin,taskmanager ...... So please help i am begging you guys....
  8. iphlpsvc service error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    iphlpsvc service error message: I received this error message in event viewer. What does it mean?The iphlpsvc service depends on the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...
  9. Error: Service Control Manager 7001

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: Service Control Manager 7001: My PC will freeze - even stuttering sound if it's playing - until I hard restart. Sometimes it's 0 times per day, sometimes several. But it's persisted for months. The error is: The AGSService service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find...
  10. Service Control Manager Error 7024

in Windows 10 Support
    Service Control Manager Error 7024: Hoping you guys can help me please. I have searched high and low and can't find a fix for this problem. The description for Event ID 7024 from source Service Control Manager cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. windows service servicecannotacceptcontrol

3. window 2012 error 1061 the service cannot accept control

4. the service cannot accept control messages at this time,
  5. .net core serviceBAse The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.