Windows 10: Error, updating: we couldnt connect to update service

Discus and support Error, updating: we couldnt connect to update service in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] Why I have to use Win7. Win10 id crappola.. All app's on start menu have went into download. Anybody that says they aren't having issues, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrHudson, Jan 25, 2018.

1. MrHudson Win User

Error, updating: we couldnt connect to update service

Error, updating: we couldnt connect to update service [​IMG]

Why I have to use Win7. Win10 id crappola.. All app's on start menu have went into download.
    Anybody that says they aren't having issues, I call you a liar..

:)

MrHudson, Jan 25, 2018

2. Cant update using nokia software updater for Nokia 5800

hi there I would just like to find out how can I go about updating my phone with the new software that is available for the Nokia 5800? I've tried many times on downloading it but it's not working on my PC. It tells me the whole time that I need to check
    for configuration settings!!! I'm fed up and I would like to upgrade to the new software. I have widows vista installed on my PC and I have enough memeory to download the nokia software for the PC option.

Could someone be so kind in helping me. I can't even download the new maps to my phone. I live in South Africa and the street that I live in doesn't even appear on the maps that's on my phone.

I NEED HELP ASAP

updating---01, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Getting Error error 0x80131500 while updating lumia 920 with NSU

was trying though NSU retail, dont have a wifi connection therefore can't do it with FOTA

dgenratnx1, Jan 25, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Good morning, I'm a liar.

Sorry, I don't understand your first sentence.

1. Have you ever disabled Windows update by any means?
    2. Please can you confirm your PC has internet access at present and you can browse websites normally.

3. Please do the usual routine checks.
    4. From an elevated command or powershell prompt run
    chkdsk c: /scan
    and if ok
    SFC /SCANNOW

and post the results.

5. Please post a screenshot of your update history.

6. Please run the Windows update troubleshooter:

If successful, please retry Windows Update.

7. If not, please try this:
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

then retry Windows update.

8. Please could you explain

dalchina, Jan 25, 2018
  5. MrHudson Win User
    Done every thing you posted, even did, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    On start menu, all my app's had arrow pointing down showing they were in download.

MrHudson, Jan 25, 2018
  6. MrHudson Win User
    I have internet connection, but it does pop up message of not being connected to network. no I am not connected to other peoples computers for sharing,, its a PC personal computer, not a BC business computer..

MrHudson, Jan 25, 2018
  7. dalchina New Member
    1. Have you ever disabled Windows update by any means?
    5. Please post a screenshot of your update history.
    To post screenshot please use the icon above your post to the left of the video icon Thanks.

Please also try deleting the contents of
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Please run
    Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    and post the result.

Please comment on your normal browsing experience. Are there significant failures or delays?

Are you using ethernet or Wifi?

At a command prompt type
    ipconfig /all

One of the results will include the ip address of your DNS server.

ping that DNS address
    e.g. mine is 4.2.2.4 so I did this:

ping 4.2.2.4

Similarly go here:
    What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More
    and ping that ip address and post the result.

dalchina, Jan 25, 2018
  8. MrHudson Win User

Never disabled anything. shut it down restarted the next morning, and this happen.

MrHudson, Jan 25, 2018
  9. MrHudson Win User
    There needs to be a trouble shooter for windows, even microsofts games like solitare comes up error 101-103 unable to connect to internet check your connection and try again. its connected, windows wont connect.
    even connected via Ethernet, it comes up unable to connect.

MrHudson, Jan 26, 2018
  10. dalchina New Member
    There are several- search Settings for Troubleshoot e.g.

But they won't resolve all problems.

An appropriate internet search will tell you more.

dalchina, Jan 26, 2018
  11. MrHudson Win User
    Win10 is totally messed up. two HP 15-f233wm with Win10,, 1 ACER Aspire 5515 with Win7,, 1 HP. wont update or connect to internet, the other HP does, all three connected to same internet.
    one connects then disconnects then reconnects on IPv6. disabling IPv6 does not work, still connects to it.

MrHudson, Feb 1, 2018
  12. MrHudson Win User
    Both HP has clean install from same USB. the second one is slow as molasses but it connects and updates, browses web, plays games from store. other does nothing unless I place right near modem.

MrHudson, Feb 1, 2018
  13. Ben Myers Win User

Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "ncpa.cpl" into the "Open" box and click "OK". Right-click the device through which you connect to the Internet, select "Status" and make sure it is working properly.

Ben

Ben Myers, Feb 1, 2018
  14. MrHudson Win User
    Its shows/says working. I place it on top of modem and its connecting, checking for updates.
    All 3 laptops are on same internet connection, 1 win10 and win7 updates, the other win10 wont.

MrHudson, Feb 1, 2018
  15. Ben Myers Win User
    Please confirm that you tried this on the computer that won't update.

Ben

Ben Myers, Feb 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Error, updating: we couldnt connect to update service - Similar Threads - Error updating couldnt

2. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  3. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  4. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Couldnt connect to update Service

Couldnt connect to update Service: This happened out of no where, usually i can get windows update pretty well and whenever im notified for a restart, i do it. But since yesterday ive been getting this error code saying "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If...
  6. We couldnt complete the update/0x800f0922

We couldnt complete the update/0x800f0922: Ive attempted to update my computer many times but it keeps saying "we couldnt complete the update". The update goes smooth until it stops at %98. Ive tried disabling the firewall, enabling the framework, and reseting the windows update driver components. Nothing seems to...
  7. update: "We couldn't connect to the update service"

update: "We couldn't connect to the update service": I've been unsuccessfully running Windows Update, and continue to get the error message, "We couldn't connect to the update service." I am online with a fast internet connection....
  8. Update Error "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Error "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes": I have this update for windows Version 20H2 downloaded but when i try to apply it by restarting , it does goes to 70% and then shows "We couldnt complete the updates, Undoing changes" error. I tried it multiple times but in vain. Tried some fixes online but didnt help. Any...
  9. Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service"

Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service": Hi, I need help with the above error. System spec is OptiPlex 760 (32 bit X64) running windows 10 Pro version 1809. OS build 17763.292. I was happily running the above build up till the end of January with no issues. Updates were being loaded automatically and apps were...
  10. Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service."

Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service.": Windows update is showing the following error message: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." My internet connection is active (since I am posting this...