Windows 10: Error when booting Windows 10. Reset is needed to proceed

Discus and support Error when booting Windows 10. Reset is needed to proceed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new PC, and sometimes it crashes on the loading screen. I already disabled the Fast Start Up. I have one screen shot to show... (I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arthurbrener, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Error when booting Windows 10. Reset is needed to proceed

Hi, I have a new PC, and sometimes it crashes on the loading screen. I already disabled the Fast Start Up. I have one screen shot to show... (I had to take it from a cellphone and from an angle that show the red lines that appear...) thanks in advance.

:)

arthurbrener, Jul 21, 2016
  2. Arun B J Win User

Stuck in safe mode boot up on a tablet with a lost password.

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Are you able to boot to windows normally or not?
    • What exactly happens you when try to boot to windows?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you tried resetting the Microsoft password using different System?

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Raitoni Win User
    Bootlooping Nightmare

Thanks for reading. Please help! When I press the power button, the Dell page appears, proceeds to the window page with circling then to a black screen with circling. That’s when it says preparing then it says restarting then
    the computer shuts off and starts looping.

My Computer Info

OS: Windows 10 64-Bit / PC: Dell XPS 8500 / Model Year: 2012

Bit of background:

I ran a reset by choosing troubleshoot, reset this pc, remove everything and fully clean the drive.

After that was finished, the computer restarted and when Windows 10 was booting up I got an error
    that said:

“The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “Ok” to start the computer, and then restart the installation.”

When I did some research online I got the following directions which I executed:

When the error appears press SHIFT+F10 and it will open up the command prompt.

Open the registry editor by typing in the command “regedit”

Now the registry editor appears, you now need to navigate to:

HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion

Now find the key called “setup.exe” the value needs to get changed from 1 to 3. To do this just double click on the registry key and change the keys value.

When the computer restarted after this that is when the Bootlooping Nightmare was born.

Please help!

Raitoni, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

Error when booting Windows 10. Reset is needed to proceed

1. Error when booting Windows 10. Reset is needed to proceed - Similar Threads - Error booting Reset

2. When laptop reset, stuck in loop saying Windows installation cannot proceed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When laptop reset, stuck in loop saying Windows installation cannot proceed.: I have a victus gaming laptop, when I factory reset the laptop deleting all files and reinstalling windows locally, it gave me an error message saying “… unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click “OK” to restart…” when I click okay it...
  3. When laptop reset, stuck in loop saying Windows installation cannot proceed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When laptop reset, stuck in loop saying Windows installation cannot proceed.: I have a victus gaming laptop, when I factory reset the laptop deleting all files and reinstalling windows locally, it gave me an error message saying “… unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click “OK” to restart…” when I click okay it...
  4. When laptop reset, stuck in loop saying Windows installation cannot proceed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when Resetting Windows 10

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when Resetting Windows 10: Hi there!I am trying to deal with some odd system behaviour crashes when playing graphic-intensive games and I'm looking to root out Software / OS as the cause.I tried to Reset my Windows 10 install through the settings, but got "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" when in the...
  6. How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?: I have a computer that updated and then won't finish booting. It hangs on a black screen with the blue window and spinning dots. It is a ASRock Z87 Extreme6 motherboard and Intel Core i3-4130T processor attempting to update Windows 10.When trying to boot from a USB drive with...
  7. How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?

How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?: I have a computer that updated and then won't finish booting. It hangs on a black screen with the blue window and spinning dots. It is a ASRock Z87 Extreme6 motherboard and Intel Core i3-4130T processor attempting to update Windows 10.When trying to boot from a USB drive with...
  8. How to proceed after Windows 10 hangs on spinning dots when booting after update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Installation of Windows 10 will not proceed due to validation error.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installation of Windows 10 will not proceed due to validation error.: I have run into a problem after replacing a faulty hard drive in an ASUS laptop computer. This laptop was purchased with Win 10 already installed so I assumed that all I had to do was click on "I don't have a licence key - attend to this later" or words to that effect but the...
  10. Reset device shortcut to Windows 10, how to proceed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset device shortcut to Windows 10, how to proceed?: I have a Windows 10 desktop and a surface. I use the Surface for my studies and my desktop for private use. Since a Windows update the devices have been linked, although I deselected this when I was asked to link the devices. Now I have any documents on my desktop that don't...