Windows 10: Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon

Discus and support Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have finished wiping out my PC in order to upgrade to Windows 10. After applying numerous updates, I finally received the Windows 10 tray icon. Once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tee00max, Sep 17, 2015.

1. tee00max Win User

Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon

I have finished wiping out my PC in order to upgrade to Windows 10. After applying numerous updates, I finally received the Windows 10 tray icon. Once i click on it, I get the following screen. Does anyone know what the issue is? It just sits on this screen with no further progress.

:)

tee00max, Sep 17, 2015
  2. TonyT2 Win User

Cannot open Action Center and notification off

Having upgraded to Windows 10 the Notifications Icon shows in the System Tray shows but on clicking fails to open the action centre. It has now started to show the message "New Notifications (off)". Is this an error or have I missed something to activate
    the icon?

Systems Tray Notification Icon fails to work- Original Title

TonyT2, Sep 17, 2015
  3. X7007 Win User
    My sound card 7.1 setting revert to 2.0 every reboot

Hi microsoft !

This is the bug

The Spatial is causing the issue when you right click on the Speaker Tray icon !

As soon as you click on the Spatial menu or on Right Click on the Speaker on the tray icon the Stereo is Reseted. It reset every time you click on the Spatial but it only reset once after restart when you click right click on the speaker Tray icon.

If you go through the control panel and not from the tray icon it stays the same as long you don't click on the Spatial menu !

Please fix this.

Source !

Sennheiser GSX 1000 Windows 1709 Issue - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

X7007, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

No need to wait for or use the "Get Windows 10" update, just follow these directions. It tells you how to use the Media Creation Tol from Microsoft to download and do a upgrade install of Windows 10: Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

Ztruker, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon - Similar Threads - Error clicking tray

2. Windows 11 System Tray Security Icon. No Context Menu when right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Tray Security Icon. No Context Menu when right click.: Hello. I have Windows 11 Ver.22H2. Not sure if this problem happened after an update or not but the Windows security Icon in the system tray will no longer show the context menu when I right click on it. All other icons in the system try work fine no problem getting the...
  3. Windows 11 System Tray Security Icon. No Context Menu when right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 System Tray Security Icon. No Context Menu when right click.: Hello. I have Windows 11 Ver.22H2. Not sure if this problem happened after an update or not but the Windows security Icon in the system tray will no longer show the context menu when I right click on it. All other icons in the system try work fine no problem getting the...
  4. WIFI Dropping but comes back when clicking on icon in tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Dropping but comes back when clicking on icon in tray: OK so this has been a running issue on my last three computers 2 Asus GOG towers and a Surface Pro 7, and the only common factors have been Windows 10 and Spectrum. So everything will be fine one minute, then I'll notice that a web page isn't loading, or a download is hanging...
  5. Prevent automatic CD tray ejection when drive icon is clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent automatic CD tray ejection when drive icon is clicked: Greetings community! I am on W10 build 19041.572 and have the following problem: When I click on my CD drive with no disc inserted, the drive opens automatically. I want this behaviour to stop. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks and have a healthy weekend! - 167421
  6. Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing: Hi there, I've installed a few new updates recently and ever since yesterday, when I click on the Network icon, a grey box appears with the loading wheel and then disappears. [ATTACH] However, if I go into the lock screen Win+L I can still access the list from there?...
  7. Windows 10 Tray icon issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Tray icon issue: [ATTACH] So everytime i open Windows media player my tray icons vanish. I uploaded a screenshot. This does not happen with VLC player or other media players. I can restore the icons if i drag a hidden icon back in the taskbar. Maybe someone knows what's causing this ?...
  8. "Sounds" option not showing when right clicking on the sounds icon tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Sounds" option not showing when right clicking on the sounds icon tray: Normally between "Speaker setup" and "troubleshoot sound problems" there is a "sounds" option. However after reinstalling Windows 10 on my device, it does not show any longer. Image shows a better representation. [ATTACH]...
  9. Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons

Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons: Whenever I switch back from tablet mode to desktop mode (which happens quite often with my surface), some of the icons in my system tray will seem to have been clicked on. This only happens with some icons, likely those with a more traditional right click menu. The ones that...
  10. Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon

Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon: Hello there, I just bought a new ASUS Zenbook with Windows 10. After 3-4 weeks of perfect functioning I now have this problem: when I click the Notification Center icon the taskbar the latter does not show up. Note that I had turned Windows Update off as a very first step,...