Windows 10: Error when saving file in Classic Paint

Discus and support Error when saving file in Classic Paint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a machine running Windows 10 Pro, version 1703, build 15063-413. The File -> Save function no longer works in Classic Paint. When I try and save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MisterD2017, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Error when saving file in Classic Paint

I have a machine running Windows 10 Pro, version 1703, build 15063-413. The File -> Save function no longer works in Classic Paint. When I try and save the file, I am greeted with the following message. I replaced my name with username.

C\Users\username\Pictures\picture.jpg
    Paint cannot save this file
    Save was interrupted so your file has not been saved.

The Save As function still works. Anyone else come across this issue? Is there a remedy? Thanks.

:)

MisterD2017, Jul 8, 2017

2. Unable to save a 2D picture from Paint 3D in Windows 10?

Sorry to bother you again, but I am unable to save pictures from Paint 3D as a 2D file as anything other than a .bmp file. I think I have been able to do so in the past. Invariably get message " Couldn't Save - Something went wrong. Having saved the image
    as a .bmp file I then have to convert it to .jpg or .png using another program such as the classic Paint. Any advice please?

MichaelCooper_1456, Jul 8, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    MS Paint recently changed for the worse.

Hi Robert, Paint is part of Windows and Microsoft no longer support it. When thing go wrong with Paint there is not lot we can do

Click the link below to download the Classic Paint Program, and install that, then if it ever goes wrong, you can uninstall and re-install it - this gives toy more power to control Paint than the built-in version . ..

https://winaero.com/blog/get-classic-paint-in-w...

DaveM121, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Sualdam Win User

Error when saving file in Classic Paint

Sualdam, Jul 9, 2017
Thema:

Error when saving file in Classic Paint

1. Error when saving file in Classic Paint - Similar Threads - Error saving file

2. Paint 3d won't save any files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3d won't save any files: For some reason Paint 3D won't save any of my files. It doesn't matter what type I save it as, it still shows as couldn't save. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong or what I should try next?...
  3. Save As or Export Fresh Paint file to Photoshop

Save As or Export Fresh Paint file to Photoshop: <Moved from Windows 7 forum by VM> Hello Is it possible in the near future 2020 to save or export a Fresh Paint file as a Photoshop type: ".PSD" and as an iOs app called Proceate type: ". procreate" ? Thank you SiJaja...
  4. Save or Export Fresh Paint file to Photoshop

Save or Export Fresh Paint file to Photoshop: Hello Is it possible in the near future 2020 to save or export a Fresh Paint file as a Photoshop type: ".PSD" and as an iOs app called Proceate type: ". procreate" ? Thank you SiJaja...
  5. "The file could not be saved. Try one of the following:" error when trying to save files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The file could not be saved. Try one of the following:" error when trying to save files...: The file could not be saved. Try one of the following: > make sure the specified folder exists. > make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-only. > make sure the file name does not contain any of the following characters: <>?[]: or * > make sure the...
  6. Can't see all saved files in Paint 3D

Can't see all saved files in Paint 3D: I want to use previously saved projects in Paint 3D. From the new project I'm working on I click on menu. This takes me to the screen where the saved projects are displayed, however I can only see one recovered project and three saved projects underneath that. There is a...
  7. Videos are inverted when saved from Paint 3D app

Videos are inverted when saved from Paint 3D app: Hello, I've seen quite a few posts about this. Just letting you know it's still happening and the fixes given do not work. I'm running updated Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I bring in my JPEG image. I save my image and choose "3d Video" I get options to make it...
  8. Classic Microsoft Paint in Windows 10

Classic Microsoft Paint in Windows 10: How can I re-install Microsoft Paint in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/classic-microsoft-paint-in-windows-10/411a18db-602e-4a6c-a61a-c669f04fc49d
  9. Microsoft Classic Paint.

Microsoft Classic Paint.: Anybody knows how to completely remove Microsoft Classic Paint? 109864
  10. MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location

MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location: Hi, In Windows 8.1 (and as far as I can remember in all previous Windows versions) I used to be able to do the following: In Windows Explorer: Open a .jpg file from anywhere in my file system, by right mouse clicking and choosing "edit" After editing: "Save as" (press...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix paint cannot save this file save was interrupted