Windows 10: Error when saving file in Classic Paint

Discus and support Error when saving file in Classic Paint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a machine running Windows 10 Pro, version 1703, build 15063-413. The File -> Save function no longer works in Classic Paint. When I try and save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MisterD2017, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Error when saving file in Classic Paint

I have a machine running Windows 10 Pro, version 1703, build 15063-413. The File -> Save function no longer works in Classic Paint. When I try and save the file, I am greeted with the following message. I replaced my name with username.

C\Users\username\Pictures\picture.jpg
    Paint cannot save this file
    Save was interrupted so your file has not been saved.

The Save As function still works. Anyone else come across this issue? Is there a remedy? Thanks.

:)

MisterD2017, Jul 8, 2017

2. Unable to save a 2D picture from Paint 3D in Windows 10?

Sorry to bother you again, but I am unable to save pictures from Paint 3D as a 2D file as anything other than a .bmp file. I think I have been able to do so in the past. Invariably get message " Couldn't Save - Something went wrong. Having saved the image
    as a .bmp file I then have to convert it to .jpg or .png using another program such as the classic Paint. Any advice please?

MichaelCooper_1456, Jul 8, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    MS Paint recently changed for the worse.

Hi Robert, Paint is part of Windows and Microsoft no longer support it. When thing go wrong with Paint there is not lot we can do

Click the link below to download the Classic Paint Program, and install that, then if it ever goes wrong, you can uninstall and re-install it - this gives toy more power to control Paint than the built-in version . ..

https://winaero.com/blog/get-classic-paint-in-w...

DaveM121, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Sualdam Win User

Error when saving file in Classic Paint

Sualdam, Jul 9, 2017
Thema:

Error when saving file in Classic Paint

1. Error when saving file in Classic Paint - Similar Threads - Error saving file

2. Error when saving files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when saving files.: I recently bought a new windows 11 laptop and I am having problems with an app called LWD mobile. The app works fine, but when I try and save a file to the hard drive or in OneDrive, I get an error that the file could not be created. I can however, save the files to a USB...
  3. Error when saving files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when saving files.: I recently bought a new windows 11 laptop and I am having problems with an app called LWD mobile. The app works fine, but when I try and save a file to the hard drive or in OneDrive, I get an error that the file could not be created. I can however, save the files to a USB...
  4. Paint Classic and Paint 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Classic and Paint 11: I have been using Windows 7 and Microsoft Paint 7 since 2008. I used Paint 7 to create woodworking patterns and plans. I have 1000’s of one-of-a-kind patterns with plans, the majority of which I have not yet used. Recently, my computer motherboard failed. I had to replace the...
  5. Paint Classic and Paint 11

Paint Classic and Paint 11: I have been using Windows 7 and Microsoft Paint 7 since 2008. I used Paint 7 to create woodworking patterns and plans. I have 1000’s of one-of-a-kind patterns with plans, the majority of which I have not yet used. Recently, my computer motherboard failed. I had to replace the...
  6. Chinese characters when saving with Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters when saving with Paint: Hi there,The default language in my laptop is English. When I click "save as" on Paint however, the dialogue box that opens up is in Mandarin Chinese. I'm not sure why this is the case, and how to fix it? I use Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2.Cheers,Lucas...
  7. Chinese characters when saving with Paint

Chinese characters when saving with Paint: Hi there,The default language in my laptop is English. When I click "save as" on Paint however, the dialogue box that opens up is in Mandarin Chinese. I'm not sure why this is the case, and how to fix it? I use Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2.Cheers,Lucas...
  8. Classic Paint Disappears After Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Paint Disappears After Update: I usually use my search bar at the bottom of my screen to bring up paint if I want to cut and paste a screen shot. When I click on it, the pop up window shows up, but Paint has disappeared. It doesn't appear in recants even though I use the app close to every day. I tried...
  9. UNABLE TO SAVE FILE IN PAINT

UNABLE TO SAVE FILE IN PAINT: Suddenly, I am unable to save a file in Paint. I get a message that says "Paint cannot save this file. Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved". Anyone know why this is happening?...
  10. Microsoft Classic Paint.

Microsoft Classic Paint.: Anybody knows how to completely remove Microsoft Classic Paint? 109864

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix paint cannot save this file save was interrupted