Windows 10: Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys

Discus and support Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I need my Bitlocker recovery key to access my laptop. When I follow the recommended path of aka.ms/myrecoverykey, I get the error below:I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JulieC R, Nov 29, 2023.

1. JulieC R Win User

Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys

I need my Bitlocker recovery key to access my laptop. When I follow the recommended path of aka.ms/myrecoverykey, I get the error below:I have tried signing off and back on multiple times. The device I am trying to access is shown in my online Microsoft account. Why am I getting this error message? Where else am I supposed to get my Bitlocker recovery key? This seems to be a significant issue that should be addressed ASAP.

:)

JulieC R, Nov 29, 2023

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 29, 2023
  3. saqib_415 Win User
    Lost bitlocker recovery key

I have lost my bitlocker recovery key and tried following the recovery steps. I have also searched and tried following the command prompts suggested but none have worked.

saqib_415, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys - Similar Threads - Error trying access

2. when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...: error:2tr0SY8AM0CaRKhc.30.79when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed from microsoft side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-access-bitlocker-recovery-key-it/381e7b6e-31fd-4113-a043-7b3ccd59bc1e
  3. when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...: error:2tr0SY8AM0CaRKhc.30.79when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed from microsoft side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-access-bitlocker-recovery-key-it/381e7b6e-31fd-4113-a043-7b3ccd59bc1e
  4. Bitlocker recovery key Is not accessible

Bitlocker recovery key Is not accessible: When I was shutting down my laptop there was the option for update and shut down and I clicked it. Then suddenly it was showing diagnosing the system and after that bitlocker key was asked. When I signed in to the Microsoft website and looked for bitlocke recovery key then...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key Is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key Is not accessible: When I was shutting down my laptop there was the option for update and shut down and I clicked it. Then suddenly it was showing diagnosing the system and after that bitlocker key was asked. When I signed in to the Microsoft website and looked for bitlocke recovery key then...
  6. Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys

Error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery keys: I need my Bitlocker recovery key to access my laptop. When I follow the recommended path of aka.ms/myrecoverykey, I get the error below:I have tried signing off and back on multiple times. The device I am trying to access is shown in my online Microsoft account. Why am I...
  7. 'Try a different URL' error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery key

'Try a different URL' error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery key: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu alongside windows when I got the error that the drive was Bitlocker encrypted and I had to remove it. So I restarted my laptop and now my laptop is asking for bitlocker recovery key. I am sure that I have not enabled bitlocker encryption...
  8. 'Try a different URL' error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Try a different URL' error when trying to access Bitlocker recovery key: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu alongside windows when I got the error that the drive was Bitlocker encrypted and I had to remove it. So I restarted my laptop and now my laptop is asking for bitlocker recovery key. I am sure that I have not enabled bitlocker encryption...
  9. BitLocker Recovery Key is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key is not accessible: Hello,I upgraded my windows from Win10 to Win 11 and after a few days automatically installed some updates and suddenly message comes " BitLocker Recovery key is required". I was unable to sign in to microsoft account as my alternate email was not updated. So I added my phone...
  10. BitLocker Recovery Key is not accessible

BitLocker Recovery Key is not accessible: Hello,I upgraded my windows from Win10 to Win 11 and after a few days automatically installed some updates and suddenly message comes " BitLocker Recovery key is required". I was unable to sign in to microsoft account as my alternate email was not updated. So I added my phone...