Windows 10: Error when trying to install VM.

Discus and support Error when trying to install VM. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; [img] My box is an HP Envy 750-500, i7, 24gb, 512SSD, 64bit running W10. Which kernel? How is this solved? Any help appreciated. dlw 87110 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by dlw1146, Jun 18, 2017.

1. dlw1146 Win User

Error when trying to install VM.

Error when trying to install VM. [​IMG]

My box is an HP Envy 750-500, i7, 24gb, 512SSD, 64bit running W10.
    Which kernel? How is this solved?

Any help appreciated.
    dlw

:)

dlw1146, Jun 18, 2017
  2. eagle004 Win User

Best Places To Download N810 Applications?

emerenda,

When I try to install garnet-vM after downloading, it gives me this error message:

"Unable to install garnet-vm

Application packages missing:libhildonfm2(>=1:1.9.49)"

What could be the problem?

Thanks!

eagle004, Jun 18, 2017
  3. PJLTEST Win User
    Hyper-V Virtual Machines Fail to Start and Initialize after Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1

What are the specific event ID numbers for the errors in the event log that occur when you try to start a VM?

PJLTEST, Jun 18, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

I don't use Oracle but is it 32 bit or 64, You can't run a 64 bit OS on 32 bit Virtual machine software.

How old is the computer some of the old 64 bit computers aren't quite up to today's standards.

Or you could just download a 32 bit version of Ubuntu.

sml156, Jun 18, 2017
  5. sml156 Win User
    sml156, Jun 18, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Actually that's NOT quite true - provided the HOST system has :

a) 64 bit capability and

b) the intel VT-X function enabled (or amd equivalent) . A 64 bit Guest can if the above restrictions are followed plus the ones below run on a 32 bit HOST machine. In this case also make sure that you are using VBOX or VMWARE which is the 32 bit version on the HOST.

Then you have the following restriction

GUEST + HOST cannot use more than 4K RAM combined even if the machine has more installed when running a 32 bit HOST OS.

Otherwise it's perfectly possible.

I've had W7 X64 guests running on an XP Host as well as a W10 x-64 guest . I was using standard XP - not the 64 bit version.

The VM uses its own machine instructions so as long as the HOST is 64 bit capable it's no problem to run a 64 bit GUEST on it even when running on a 32 bit HOST OS.

Read about "Paravirtualisation" which is what typical programs like vmware amd oracle vbox use.

Paravirtualization - Wikipedia

Note it's ALWAYS possible to run a 32 bit OS as a guest OS whether the VT-X (or AMD equivalent) is on or off. There's unnecessary confusion over this -- possibly due to people trying things on older machines. These days most machines are 64 bit with all the necessary VM stuff enabled in bios already.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Error when trying to install VM. - Similar Threads - Error trying install

2. Error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install update: I keep getting this message when hitting the "download & install" button for Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/20/2018 12:00:00 AM - 47.0.4098.1820: Install error - 0x80070103. I have tried to click "retry" and restart as well, but the error message kept appearing.Edition Windows 11...
  3. Error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to install update: I keep getting this message when hitting the "download & install" button for Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/20/2018 12:00:00 AM - 47.0.4098.1820: Install error - 0x80070103. I have tried to click "retry" and restart as well, but the error message kept appearing.Edition Windows 11...
  4. Error When Trying to Install Update 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error When Trying to Install Update 0x800f0831: So I am trying to install an update but get the above error message 0x800f0831 is the error codeWhen I look up, it says this is a cumulative update, meaning it needs a prev update first.OK, smart windows, what do I search for next? which one does it need? any clues...
  5. Error When Enabling WSL2 in Azure VM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error When Enabling WSL2 in Azure VM: Hi,I have created a VM in Azure, Standard B4ms class, and when I try to enable WSL2 with Ubuntu, I get the following error:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...
  6. Error when trying to install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error when trying to install Microsoft Store: I do this: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} And get this: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error...
  7. Microsoft error when trying to install printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft error when trying to install printer: I have been having issues with my printer, so decided to reinstall it. When I go to add a printer or scanner it asks me to log in with my microsoft account account, but i get this error. Request Id: 17442f1b-0f94-4439-98d5-0cb8459cfc00 Correlation Id:...
  8. Error when trying to install Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error when trying to install Windows 10: I try to run my setup on my windows 10 pc and it tells me that it cannot find the specified path or file. I may not have appropriate permissions to run the setup. Please what should I do? ***Modified title from: Ibrahim***...
  9. Error 1608 when trying to install WinCUPL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error 1608 when trying to install WinCUPL: Trying to install older program, WinCUPL.exe, onto Windows 10 version 1909 machine. Whenever try to install, receive "InstallShield: 1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance" error. Have cleaned Registry errors with no resolution. Have run Program Compatibility...
  10. Error when trying to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when trying to install Windows 10: I tried to get windows 10 for my windows 7 because of A: why not and B https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/windows/end-of-windows-7-support and I tried to upgrade yatta yatta yatta blah blah blah but then I ran into this "Windows 10 Cannot Be Installed Error(s)...