Windows 10: Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows...

Discus and support Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Talked to support to escalate the issue of not being able to switch out of S Mode. They couldn't fix it after hours of troubleshooting. Many restarts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sbuensalida, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows...

Talked to support to escalate the issue of not being able to switch out of S Mode. They couldn't fix it after hours of troubleshooting. Many restarts, updates, diagnostic testing, info gathering.... Nothing! My laptop is brand new! I have not heard back from support so I guess I have to drop out of all my CS classes!

S mode renders computers useless to anyone in the tech industry!

I even bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro directly from the Microsoft Store and tried entering it in but I got a message saying the product key is incompatible with the version of Windows already installed! Microsoft sales and support won't even refund my Windows 10 Pro purchase!

Is there no help or solution to this known problem?!?!

:)

sbuensalida, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows... :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Ravenas Win User

Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows...

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows...

1. Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows... - Similar Threads - Error upgrading Surface

2. Can i switch from Windows 10 S mode to Windows 10 Pro in Surface Go ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i switch from Windows 10 S mode to Windows 10 Pro in Surface Go ?: I am willing to purchase Surface Go but i have a doubt if i can switch from Win10 S mode to Win10 Pro. Is it possible? I need Windows 10 Pro because of the nature of my work. Please guide...
  3. S mode deactivation - for surface and windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    S mode deactivation - for surface and windows 10: Does anyone know how to deactivate s mode on a surface running windows 10? The help app offers and article from 2018 that instructs you to go to settings/activation/store and select a tab that allows you to deactivate it. When I do this there is no tab or option. Can anyone...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro: Does anyone know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-10-s-to-windows-pro/4357911b-22ff-493c-84c9-28826ac0ff04
  5. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode: I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security software so they need to make the switch. When I try to switch them, the option to do so is greyed out and it says to see the...
  6. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode: I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security software so they need to make the switch. When I try to switch them, the option to do so is greyed out and it says to see the...
  7. cannot upgrade of windows 10 pro s mode to normal windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot upgrade of windows 10 pro s mode to normal windows 10 pro: I have installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my pc and was put into windows S mode because of not having a windows key at the time. But when I went to the Microsoft store and go to pressed the "get it " button to move out of safe mode it says "working on it" and nothing...
  8. remove S mode from Surface Pro.?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remove S mode from Surface Pro.?: remove S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-s-mode-from-surface-pro/7d02efa6-bedf-4a95-97b0-4298bb86b26c
  9. Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro?

Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro?: If so, how is that done, without buying a new license and doing a clean install of Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-surface-go-be-upgraded-from-windows-10-s-to/3cb78c1a-ac58-45b6-b78f-68cf274cdbd1
  10. Upgrading from Windows 10 s on Surface Pro?

Upgrading from Windows 10 s on Surface Pro?: I have the latest Surface Pro - i5, 8g ram - and did not realize that it came with a sort of condensed version of Windows 10. I can get by with this but would much prefer to upgrade. Thankfully there is some sort of mysterious offer out there to upgrade to the proper Windows...