Windows 10: Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working

Discus and support Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All,first my problem is while i changing my mouse pointer theme,this error appeard to me *Sick Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jausyan, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Jausyan Win User

Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working

Hello All,first my problem is while i changing my mouse pointer theme,this error appeard to me *Sick
    Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working

:)

Jausyan, Sep 13, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 13, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    Error - windows shell common dll has stopped working

Whatever the issue is it appears to be related to audio.

I notice this in the System Information "Windows Error Reporting"

Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket AV_cthda!unknown_function,

The cthda refers to the cthda.sys which is the driver for the Sound Blaster Recon3Di.

Can you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver for the Recon3Di using the latest version.

auggy, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working

1. Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working - Similar Threads - Error Shell Common

2. Most Common Stop Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most Common Stop Errors: What Are The Most Common Errors And What Do They Mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-common-stop-errors/18c4c909-6adc-4013-b6a7-b173d317a162
  3. msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll not found? Tried commonly suggested solutions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll not found? Tried commonly suggested solutions: I've been trying to run Civilization VI via the epic games launcher and i keep getting error messages that msvcp140 and vcruntime140 dll's aren't found. I've only had this computer a few days so i don't know yet if it's causing errors elsewhere but so far just with this...
  4. Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10: So im trying to get a Wii u adapter to work on my computer and whenever i try to calibrate my controller, it comes up with a powershell error. This is the only time I run into issues and other people who use the software, with windows 10, have no clue what is going on....
  5. Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after...: KB4516061 caused an issue last week with printing (specifically with HP Laserjet M118dw) at multiple locations. Uninstalled and problem went away. Now KB4524152 appears to have caused the same issue again. First error "Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping...
  6. Shell Infrastructure Host has stopped working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Shell Infrastructure Host has stopped working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows operating system, supports multiple users to be logged in and using it at the same time. It also allows administrators to create a Guest Account which has limited rights. Now at times, when a user is using the [...] This post Shell Infrastructure...
  7. "Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working": Every day while working on my surface book 2, the Start menu will crash and close in front of me. I've noticed that this happens every time that the Shell Experience host stopped working. This keeps happening to me since the first day I got this machine. its been months with...
  8. Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.

Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.: Hello, after browsing through many questions on this platform I have been left dumbfounded on how to fix this issue. My CORSAIR Void Pro was working fine on Windows 7, and upon upgrading to Windows 10 has been locked on Telephone Quality and can not be set to DVD or CD...
  9. Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes: As the title says, I've had this issue since around 1st the June now when a Windows update came out. What happens is that seemingly regardless if I have controllers plugged in or not, and if it's plugged in, it doesn't matter what kind of controller I plug in, the Game...
  10. Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties

Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties: When I access the context menu on Sound properties, it crashes, saying "Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working". I have Realtek HD audio and Intel Display Audio (HDMI out) audio devices. I can't access any function from the context menu, such as setting the highlighted...