Windows 10: Error with sound and video

Discus and support Error with sound and video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There may be something simple I'm overlooking here, but recently I've noticed that audio on my computer (music, videos, games) every so often plays a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlackOwl, Oct 18, 2015.

1. BlackOwl Win User

Error with sound and video

There may be something simple I'm overlooking here, but recently I've noticed that audio on my computer (music, videos, games) every so often plays a glitchy sound, and the video and music lag for the same time period. It's an occurrence that happens fairly frequently but not predictably (i.e. there is no pattern to it at all). It's as if the audio "stutters".

It's not the fact that I'm running a lot of power-hungry programs (happens when, for example, five programs are running or only one); it makes no difference where the programs are stored (i.e. SSD or HDD) and, for that matter, I don't believe it's hardware-related at all as this does not happen on my parallel Xubuntu install; it's not due to lack of disk space nor running background processes.

Is there anywhere else I can look, and potentially fix this issue? It's not hugely detrimental to my work but it is becoming a mild-to-moderate annoyance whenever I do anything multimedia-related.

Note: It may also be related (but is a different set of symptoms) that when playing MS Solitaire Collection for long periods of time, the game will begin to freeze altogether for short periods of time, this time periodically and predictably and longer than any other game. "Long periods of time" is anything over about ten-fifteen minutes, and the freezing gets worse the longer I play.

:)

BlackOwl, Oct 18, 2015

2. Issues withe the sound and video with error message "Can't Play, to continue using this app, install the latest version. 0x80040154"

Original Title: SOUND NOT COMING

Sound is not coming in My System, what I will do?

when I click on video, below massage coming...

"Can't Play, to continue using this app, install the latest version. 0x80040154"

how would I install latest version?

Regards

M. Narsimha

NARSIIMMHHAMADIEGELA, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Issues withe the sound and video with error message "Can't Play, to continue using this app, install the latest version. 0x80040154"

I have tried all the above and still can't play any music and videos windows 10 updated and after that it screwed up

my music i get this message

ox80040154 can't play to continue using this app install the latest version

what is this and how do i install that?????

tried all the steps above nothing works help please

thanks

chrisren58, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Do you notice anything common when this happens?

I could imagine something like that happening (maybe not in your case) when the CPU and or harddisc are at their limit and you then want to play e.g. a movie with a high resolution.

Joergi, Oct 18, 2015
  5. BlackOwl Win User
    The only thing that these occurrences really have in common is that I'm using Windows, along with some media running. I've never seen the CPUs at their limit before.

BlackOwl, Oct 18, 2015
  6. vlttnv Win User
    I know this may sound strange, but can you describe the sound that is making when it freezes? I've had similar problems for a long time with my laptop and I've become quite knowledgeable in freezing sounds *Biggrin.

vlttnv, Oct 19, 2015
  7. BlackOwl Win User
    An electronic sound, low-ish pitched in nature (but not bass), rarely mimicking the (legitimate) sound that the computer is making at the moment it freezes. It's similar (but not identical) to the glitch sound made in this video Lone live in the Boiler Room - YouTube at 9'36", among other time points - listen for about a minute from that point onwards and you'll actually get a pretty good feel for it.

BlackOwl, Oct 19, 2015
  8. vlttnv Win User

And now I am listening to a Boiler Room set *Biggrin.

Anyway, I know what you mean. This happened to my laptop and it was caused by the graphics card being faulty. It was too powerful for its own good so I under-clocked it a bit to stop that from happening. It didn't have to me on Xubuntu as well unless I strained it with a game.

Here is the sound but with a permanent crash.

vlttnv, Oct 19, 2015
  9. BlackOwl Win User
    Yes! Pretty much that sound, only it happens for a fraction of a second and never leads to a crash.

I will certainly give that fix a try, but my graphics card was by no means high-end way back in 2011 so I doubt that it being overpowerful is the issue.

BlackOwl, Oct 19, 2015
  10. BlackOwl Win User
    Well, underclocking didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

BlackOwl, Oct 20, 2015
  11. vlttnv Win User
    I am guessing you have tried reinstalling/updating audio/video drives? To me it sounds hardware or at least driver related.

vlttnv, Oct 20, 2015
  12. BlackOwl Win User
    Both, yes. Apparently I had the most recent drivers in both cases.

BlackOwl, Oct 20, 2015
  13. Joergi Win User

What does "recent" mean in your case?

What audio/video hardware do you have? And from when are the according drivers?

Joergi, Oct 20, 2015
  14. BlackOwl Win User
    My video card is an AMD Radeon HD 5700 series. The latest version of the driver for that is either March 8th or August 3rd of this year (because my box uses either US or AU/NZ/UK date formats, depending on its mood of the day). Probably August because it has to be a Win10 driver.

The sound is the onboard sound for my mainboard, which is an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3. I've never used anything except for onboard for any machines I've owned. The latest driver on that (which is listed as AMD High Definition Audio Device) is from (probably) June 9th of this year.

For comparison, the problem only started within the last two, maybe three weeks.

BlackOwl, Oct 21, 2015
  15. vlttnv Win User
    My brother has that AMD GPU and he has had some bad experience with it and its drivers. Maybe do a fresh reinstall of the drivers. There was a tool for that, not sure I remember the name but probably someone else will. It's really common.

vlttnv, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Error with sound and video - Similar Threads - Error sound video

2. No sound on video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on video: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. I use it to record instructional videos for YouTube, so I record my PowerPoint from the laptop screen. The microphone jack quit working so I bought a new USB microphone. It works well on audio software like Audacity....
  3. No sound on video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on video: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. I use it to record instructional videos for YouTube, so I record my PowerPoint from the laptop screen. The microphone jack quit working so I bought a new USB microphone. It works well on audio software like Audacity....
  4. No sound on video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stutter sound in videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stutter sound in videos: I play games while listening to music but today I noticed that my sound stutter sometimes. I tried to use sound on games only and still the same. I closed my game and listen to music and stutter as well. I thought it is my headset so I tried to use it on different PC but...
  6. Video sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video sound: I do not get any sound when making a video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-sound/5cbe9432-cc01-4895-ab06-0cbc8a67e910
  7. Videos with no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos with no sound: Hi, I try to make video with my Camera, but it registers without sound. My devices work properly with other apps. I tryied to Troubleshoot the issue, but no result, Microphone and Speakers are ok. Could you help me please?...
  8. No sound on videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No sound on videos: I have an HP 23-q227c. Somehow it went into mute mode when viewing videos. Audio settings on the file and computer indicate 50% power. I can't find anything in my audio settings to explains this. Help?...
  9. Video error 0xc1010103 - There is sound but no Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video error 0xc1010103 - There is sound but no Video: Okay ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 (64-bit) to Windows 10, I have been unable to play videos. I would always get the error code 0xc1010103. Then the video will play, but with no picture, just audio. I tried using VLC and that worked for a month or so, then it starting...
  10. Sound & Video

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound & Video: I have no sound and can't play utube videos . Apart from that everything else seems to be working ok .*Sad*Sad*Sad Build 9860 2652