Windows 10: error

Discus and support error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I made a mistake and erased windows 10 for my laptop. I deleted my user account and I received an error message stating that the disc was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by deanie44, Mar 10, 2016.

1. deanie44 Win User

error

Hi everyone. I made a mistake and erased windows 10 for my laptop. I deleted my user account and I received an error message stating that the disc was locked. I restored a system image of window 8.1. I did have a system image of windows 10 but it did not work. How can I get window 10 back on my laptop? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks .

:)

deanie44, Mar 10, 2016

2. does customer support answer calls?

foldaer not there to delete. I assumed it had been deleted earlier but system would not take fix.

Error 80240020, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Dr. Error Win User
    Windows 10

Yesterday I started my computer and out of the blue it just didn't work. I got a windowsscreen that said "PC did not start correctly" so I tried all of the built-in troubleshooting functions but none of them worked. Even resetting my computer wouldn't work
    for some reason. I searched it up on the internet and got some tips about trying with the commandprompt, didn't work either. It all ended with me formatting my harddrives and trying to install Windows again, guess what? Didn't work.

Have anyone got any ideas of what might work? I'm up for anything at this point since I haven't got anything left on my computer anyways.

Also; I upgraded from windows 7 so I don't have a product key, and does anyone know what version of windows you get from upgrading that way?

Thanks on beforehand!

Dr. Error, Mar 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

error

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    How did you do that? You couldn't delete your account if you were signed on as it.

You therefore must have deleted it from another account or from outside Windows. It is also interesting what you mean by you "deleted your account".

If you deleted the directory C:\Users\dienie44 then you are out of luck. This will still reside in the registry and you are best of doing a clean install.

6. deanie44 Win User
    philc43 and Ix07 thank you for answering my post. I tried to change my user acct profile and went into the administrative acct. so I deleted my user acct thinking I could make another one. I could not. I closed out of the administrative account and and could not get to the original account (DEANIE57). It would not let me, so I had to use a system of image 8.1. If you have any more insights, please let me know.

deanie44, Mar 10, 2016
  7. deanie44 Win User
    philc43 and Ix07 thank you for answering my post. I tried to change my user acct profile and went into the administrative acct. so I deleted my user acct thinking I could make another one. I could not. I closed out of the administrative account and and could not get to the original account (DEANIE57). It would not let me, so I had to use a system of image 8.1. If you have any more insights, please let me know.

deanie44, Mar 10, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

error

I would recommend if you have an account called deanie44 then you leave it.

This account should (I hope) be an administrator account. Not the built in administrator, just an account that can adopt administrator privileges if required.

Upgrade to 10 again and NSA you will have your same account.

Worst case you can just clean install.

9. FMPeck Win User
    Try opening a command prompt with administration permissions and type the following "slmgr -rearm." Restart your computer and go to the settings folder. Click On Activate on the left hand side, then look for the option to change the product key on the right hand side. You should be able to register the Win 10 upgrade with your existing Win8 product key.

FMPeck, Mar 10, 2016
  10. lx07 Win User
    What are you on about? Your answer has nothing to do with the question and describing (badly) how to use third party tools to pirate Windows is hardly a good first post is it?

11. FMPeck Win User
    To Ix07, the server license manager is part of 32 bit, and it has a 64 bit version that comes with Windows. She stated that Win 10 did not work. Win 10 can actually loose activation for several reasons, for instance if you change hardware, keys don't match, drivers stop responding, adding hardware after image, that the older 8.1 might not be aware of, the list goes on.. Secondly, the option of manual or automatic activation can be held over in older version. I suspected that "didn't work was two fold in that regard, where automatic activation failed and blocked legitimate product key. Everything is above board. The command re-sets, and the process does not work if you don't have a valid key.

FMPeck, Mar 11, 2016
  12. FMPeck Win User
    Just occurred to me. When you reimaged 8.1, did you remember to activate it? Win 10 blocks activation if the previous version has not been activated. Despite comments from Io7, I've been a hardware software engineer since 1979. My way, (too late since you reimaged), you would have gotten the warm fuzzy feeling when you see the screen prompt, YOUR FILES ARE RIGHT WHERE YOU LEFT THEM when Win 10, spools up, if it ever happens again. Don't feel bad, I have made every mistake in the book. Good luck.

FMPeck, Mar 11, 2016
  13. deanie44 Win User

error

Hi. The problem is solved. Thanks for the help.

deanie44, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

error

1. error - Similar Threads - error

2. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643: I am running Windows 10 Update and getting the error 0x80070643.I was trying to follow the instructions in the following thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306However after completing...
  3. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643: I am running Windows 10 Update and getting the error 0x80070643.I was trying to follow the instructions in the following thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306However after completing...
  4. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  6. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  7. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw: Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw. what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activateerror-code-0xc004f074-this/e56c9af3-93ca-4655-966f-05c9fc5e8ead
  9. windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw

windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw: Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw. what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activateerror-code-0xc004f074-this/e56c9af3-93ca-4655-966f-05c9fc5e8ead
  10. "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???: Tried to hop on my computer this morning only to be greeted with the "restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" message. Tried to look up how to fix this but nothing online matches the screen on my pc. Using a 2014 acer computer with windows 8.1. Boot...