Windows 10: Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

Discus and support Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document." in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hallo everyone, Since yesterday, I get an error in Word: "there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by WEETJE, Jun 1, 2016.

1. WEETJE Win User

Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

Hallo everyone,

Since yesterday, I get an error in Word: "there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your work."

I've read on the internet something about the cache with temporary files but the cache is as good as empty. I also have 773 GB of free disk space (C-drive). It is a new laptop.

I am currently working on my final project for highschool. The error appears when I try to past an image from internet.

Can you guys help me with this? It's very frustrating.

:)

WEETJE, Jun 1, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Jun 1, 2016
  3. E_MAILs

How did you "go from" Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016? What did you mean by "moved from Windows 10 to Office 365"? Windows 10 is an operating system for a computer. Office 365 is a service for documents.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Jun 1, 2016
  4. Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

Slartybart, Jun 1, 2016
  5. LucianH Win User
    Are you getting the error when you're copying/cutting and pasting? If you are then there is a thread running on the Microsoft Communty website:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...18faade?page=1

It looks like it may be an issue caused by the most recent office update.

If you're getting the error when you're copying/cutting and pasting then try different paste methods (see the info in the other thread).

LucianH, Jun 1, 2016
  6. Slartybart, Jun 1, 2016
  7. WEETJE Win User
    Hello everyone

I followed the link that was given by LucianH. It seems that the problem was solved mysteriously. I didn't get the error for 2 days now and so are other users. The other thread on the microsoft community website looks useful and up-to-date so I will follow it up and close this. thread at tenforums.

Again, I thank you all for your help and your time. This is a useful forum with professional help.

WEETJE, Jun 6, 2016
  8. Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

Glad the issue is resolved.

Which thread did you follow?
    LucianH provided the MS community thread and I provided the link to KB921541 found in that reference

Credit goes to LucianH either way - I just want to be clear on what helped solve the issue on your machine.

Even better would be a reference to the method that solved it (method # would be enough)

Thanks,

Bill

Slartybart, Jun 6, 2016
  9. WEETJE Win User
    I followed the thread to the MS community. I didn't used any method. The problem just disappeared.

WEETJE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

1. Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document." - Similar Threads - Errorin office 2016

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  4. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016: I HAD OFFICE 2016 DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED, AND ACTIVAED IN MY MS ACCOUNT. IT WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING ON A COMPUTER FOR A YEAR UNTIL I "CLEANED" THE COMPUTER AND UNINSTALLED IT. I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLEDIT ON THE SAME COMPUTER USED BEFORE. I COULD NOT ACTIVATE IT....
  5. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  6. Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins: I have several computers, Windows 10 Pro for Workstation 1 HP Workstation, Windows 10 Pro 2 laptops, Chromebook and Mac. On my Workstation I have a licensed version of Office 2019 this is because of issues I've had in the past with MS Project and Visio with Office 365 when...
  7. too many Document files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    too many Document files: I had a Dell computer stop working. Had to use direct cable to transfer files to new Dell. Had problems and created 4 separate registry files on C drive, My computer, My name and a 4th. Every time I save a file it goes to all four document files. I am running out of memory....
  8. Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - no preview of Excel documents in File Explorer: Brand new laptop with freshly installed Office 2016 (Windows 10 version 1903). I cannot get Excel docs to preview in File Explorer (no problem with all other Office documents and PDFs). Looking online, I've seen that this is a relatively common problem. I've tried all the...
  9. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  10. Office Document layout/margins overflow on Office 2016 + Win 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Document layout/margins overflow on Office 2016 + Win 10: The issue is specific to Office 2016 on Win 10 (Office 2016 on Win 7, no problem, Office 2010 on Win 10, no problem). Certain documents (reported by a user who receives documents with Japanese text, haven't seen it happen with others) have the layout messed up, a 2 page Word...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there are too many edits in this document word cannot save

2. how to solve there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. in MS word

3. too many edits in document operation complete