Windows 10: Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

Discus and support Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document." in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hallo everyone, Since yesterday, I get an error in Word: "there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by WEETJE, Jun 1, 2016.

1. WEETJE Win User

Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

Hallo everyone,

Since yesterday, I get an error in Word: "there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your work."

I've read on the internet something about the cache with temporary files but the cache is as good as empty. I also have 773 GB of free disk space (C-drive). It is a new laptop.

I am currently working on my final project for highschool. The error appears when I try to past an image from internet.

Can you guys help me with this? It's very frustrating.

:)

WEETJE, Jun 1, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Jun 1, 2016
  3. E_MAILs

How did you "go from" Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016? What did you mean by "moved from Windows 10 to Office 365"? Windows 10 is an operating system for a computer. Office 365 is a service for documents.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Jun 1, 2016
  4. Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

Slartybart, Jun 1, 2016
  5. LucianH Win User
    Are you getting the error when you're copying/cutting and pasting? If you are then there is a thread running on the Microsoft Communty website:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...18faade?page=1

It looks like it may be an issue caused by the most recent office update.

If you're getting the error when you're copying/cutting and pasting then try different paste methods (see the info in the other thread).

LucianH, Jun 1, 2016
  6. Slartybart, Jun 1, 2016
  7. WEETJE Win User
    Hello everyone

I followed the link that was given by LucianH. It seems that the problem was solved mysteriously. I didn't get the error for 2 days now and so are other users. The other thread on the microsoft community website looks useful and up-to-date so I will follow it up and close this. thread at tenforums.

Again, I thank you all for your help and your time. This is a useful forum with professional help.

WEETJE, Jun 6, 2016
  8. Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

Glad the issue is resolved.

Which thread did you follow?
    LucianH provided the MS community thread and I provided the link to KB921541 found in that reference

Credit goes to LucianH either way - I just want to be clear on what helped solve the issue on your machine.

Even better would be a reference to the method that solved it (method # would be enough)

Thanks,

Bill

Slartybart, Jun 6, 2016
  9. WEETJE Win User
    I followed the thread to the MS community. I didn't used any method. The problem just disappeared.

WEETJE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

1. Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document." - Similar Threads - Errorin office 2016

2. Too many connections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many connections: RDP is broken, like everything else in the operating system. Twice now I am in RDP and twice now it just errors out. When it does I can no longer access the computer at all. I RDP back into it it says too many connections. I physically go to the PC and log in it says too many...
  3. too many HID listings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many HID listings: Hi new at this so hope you'll be patient I was looking around my windows 10 home settings for connected devices. I followed this path all settings>devices no connected devices option available under any of the sub categories I then tried to find connected devices through...
  4. Too many printers.

Too many printers.: I have 1 networked printer. Windows 10 devices and printers is showing 7 printers. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-printers/26a46faa-ad3e-457e-aae7-c649d33dc508
  5. Too many background apps

Too many background apps: Split from this thread. Too many background apps[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-apps/a3d63ca6-881d-4c0c-9170-9169761face3
  6. too many user accounts

too many user accounts: For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a drive that says, Donna. I need to change these all to my computer name of DONNAKAY. This problem is duplicating documents,...
  7. too many partitions on disk

too many partitions on disk: My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0. It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi) Partition 1 -:/ 300 MB healthy (recovery partition) Partition 2 -:/ 260 MB healthy (EFI system partition) Partition 3 f:/ 6.35GB healthy...
  8. Office Document layout/margins overflow on Office 2016 + Win 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Document layout/margins overflow on Office 2016 + Win 10: The issue is specific to Office 2016 on Win 10 (Office 2016 on Win 7, no problem, Office 2010 on Win 10, no problem). Certain documents (reported by a user who receives documents with Japanese text, haven't seen it happen with others) have the layout messed up, a 2 page Word...
  9. BSOD's too many to count!!

BSOD's too many to count!!: Hi, this issue started when i installed a graphics card on windows seven and is probably driver related. originally i would regularly get "irql equal to or less" but that seemed to only happen on certain things like itv player and some games. i took out the graphics and...
  10. Too many Recovery Partitions???

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many Recovery Partitions???: Does this look odd to anyone? Should I have this many partitions? Especially 3 Recovery Partitions......can I get rid of them and how do I know which one and do it safely? *Sleepy 78988

Users found this page by searching for:

1. too many edits in document operation complete