Windows 10: Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?

Discus and support Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Bleeping Computer *Smile Thanks to the help of the community, I successfully clean installed Win 10 after multiple failing attemps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kinotropiks, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?

Hi Bleeping Computer *Smile

Thanks to the help of the community, I successfully clean installed Win 10 after multiple failing attemps.

Nonetheless, I have noticed som errors in the events log (same as before clean install, by the way).
    Some Error IDs are :
    - 10016 : Distributed COM
    - 8193 and 8194 : VSS
    - 7000 : service control manager
    - 37 : AppModel Runtime
    - 41 (63) Kernel Power
    29 : Kernel Boot
    - 121: Device Setup Manager

Is this "normal" behaviour of windows 10, or if this is an issue, could you help me solve it ? I would really appreciate some help *Smile

I'm attaching a txt file of the log (only critical and errors), but if you need it in a different format, let me know

Thanks *Smile

:)

kinotropiks, Jun 5, 2017
  2. Ady_Ady Win User

Event Viewer Critical Events after WIN Server 2012 substituted by Error

Hey Everyone,

thanks in advance for your help.

I am facing a issue with our clients and our Software, that is also able to monitor Win Event logs.

they are using Win Server 2008 R2 and want to monitor Critical Events, our application offer the following option:

"trigger alert when event type equals Error"

Working fine, also alerts are triggered, when critical events occur, as expected.

The client don't believe me that critical events are substituted by Error event types Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ? :) and request a official answer from Microsoft.

Only thing I found is the "Event Log Win 10 for dummies" where are all event types are explained and there are no critical events to choose, also I dont want to sent it to him.

Can someone confirm a change, that there are no more critical Event types after Windows Server 2012 adn that they are substituted by Error event types ? Or maybe i m wrong and we need to reprogram the application.

One more times, thank you !!!

Ady_Ady, Jun 5, 2017
  3. Help...

How to clean up junk files in registry and after running diagnostic testing have thousands of error/critical number of events in the event viewer? Have a Dell laptop with Windows 10.

LauraTroglin, Jun 5, 2017
  4. Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?

Hi,

since the windows eventlog is in french its difficult to analyse. I recommend to set system in english. If u receive any bluescreens please read this:

Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ? [​IMG]
    Attention:

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

BSODHunter, Jun 6, 2017
  5. Not sure you're in the good section of the forum. Do you have abnormal behavior(s)? Do you get a blue screen on startup?
    This is the translation of log files:
    Code: Level Date and Time Source ID of the EVENT category of the Task Error 05/06/2017 21:27:53 Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM 10016 no "permission settings specific to the application do not grant the authorization enabling local to the server application com with the CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and the APPID {9CA88EE3-CBA7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} The SID NT AUTHORITY\System of the user (S-1-5-18) since the localhost address (with AML) running in the sid Not available of the container for applications (not available). This security permission can be modified using the tool of administration services of components." Error 05/06/2017 21:22:31 Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM 10016 no "permission settings specific to the application do not grant the authorization enabling local to the server application com with the CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and the APPID {9CA88EE3-CBA7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} The SID NT AUTHORITY\System of the user (S-1-5-18) since the localhost address (with AML) running in the sid Not available of the container for applications (not available). This security permission can be modified using the tool of administration services of components." Error 05/06/2017 21:01:47 Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM 10016 no "permission settings specific to the application do not grant the authorization enabling local to the server application com with the CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and the APPID {9CA88EE3-CBA7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} The SID NT AUTHORITY\System of the user (S-1-5-18) since the localhost address (with AML) running in the sid Not available of the container for applications (not available). This security permission can be modified using the tool of administration services of components." Error 05/06/2017 20:49:04 Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM 10016 no "permission settings specific to the application do not grant the authorization enabling local to the server application com with the CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and the APPID {9CA88EE3-CBA7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} The SID NT AUTHORITY\System of the user (S-1-5-18) since the localhost address (with AML) running in the sid Not available of the container for applications (not available). This security permission can be modified using the tool of administration services of components." Error 05/06/2017 19:59:04 Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM 10016 no "permission settings specific to the application do not grant the authorization enabling local to the server application com with the CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and the APPID {9CA88EE3-CBA7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} The SID NT AUTHORITY\System of the user (S-1-5-18) since the localhost address (with AML) running in the sid Not available of the container for applications (not available). This security permission can be modified using the tool of administration services of components." Error 05/06/2017 18:07:58 Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM 10016 no "permission settings specific to the application do not grant the authorization enabling local to the server application com with the CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and the APPID {9CA88EE3-CBA7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} The SID NT AUTHORITY\System of the user (S-1-5-18) since the localhost address (with AML) running in the sid Not available of the container for applications (not available). This security permission can be modified using the tool of administration services of components." Error 05/06/2017 18:07:33 Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM 10016 no "permission settings specific to the application do not grant the authorization enabling local to the server application com with the CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and the APPID {9CA88EE3-CBA7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} The SID NT AUTHORITY\System of the user (S-1-5-18) since the localhost address (with AML) running in the sid Not available of the container for applications (not available). This security permission can be modified using the out[/quote]

MikeMecanic, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Sorry, I hadn't noticed it was in French. I actually thought I had saved it in english :/ Thanks for the translsation *Smile I don't have any bluescreen, and no performance seems abnormal, but there are some errors. They might be normal...That's the question *Smile What would the best section to help me with this issue ? I'll move my post *Smile Thanks all

kinotropiks, Jun 9, 2017
  7. Good to know that the computer runs normally and that you don't have BSOD. We all have errors in event viewer.

The ones that I have are not the same and none of them affects stability, which is always the main goal after a clean install and on post-installation.

You may want to try a clean install of 1607-vs-1703 and see the difference. If the firewall telemetry rules are enabled, MS knows the errors that you have.

Because you have done a clean install, you may also want to try to reinstall the Acer app that checks your computer for proper drivers and will inform them of errors that you encounter.

All the best,

MikeMecanic, Jun 9, 2017
  8. Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?

Thanks Mike, it's good to know we all get errors *Smile I've already installed this Acer app (called something like "management" something I think") for my model. Apparently, all drivers are up-to-date. I still have a little thing that's not working. The brightness +/- Function key, that used to work before clean install.Have installed all drivers for the hardware too, and it hasn't solved this. But more generally, eveything seems to work just fine now *Smile Thanks for you help *Smile

kinotropiks, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?

1. Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ? - Similar Threads - Errors Critical appearing

2. Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?: Hello. When I turn on the laptop, the events in the event log are arranged out of order. The out-of-order eventlog has the uptime, typically 70000 seconds. It's always been that way. I think this is because of the fast startup, it does not completely turn off the PC. Windows...
  3. Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?: Hello. When I turn on the laptop, the events in the event log are arranged out of order. The out-of-order eventlog has the uptime, typically 70000 seconds. It's always been that way. I think this is because of the fast startup, it does not completely turn off the PC. Windows...
  4. A lot of critical events in Event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of critical events in Event log: How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I start or restart computer. What is causing it?Error 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  5. A lot of critical events in Event log

A lot of critical events in Event log: How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I start or restart computer. What is causing it?Error 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  6. Critical reboot Event 41 after random trigger of Event 12 [With Log]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical reboot Event 41 after random trigger of Event 12 [With Log]: Hello, In the last few months I've experienced a few random shutdowns of my system. In the event log we can notice the reboot sequence starts once the Event 12 randomly fires up despite the device has been already running for some time. This is the log: For reference, check...
  7. Sudden appearance of SNMP errors in Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden appearance of SNMP errors in Event Log: I have suddenly started seeing these EvntAgnt/ SNMP errors, arising at Startup, in the EL. Screenshots attached. This is W10 Pro 1909 (18363.1082), and I very recently installed updates KB4576484 and KB4574727, on 9/9/20. The errors seem to have arisen since then. In...
  8. Event viewer logs critical error - Telegram messenger freezes

Event viewer logs critical error - Telegram messenger freezes: I am running latest greatest Windows 10, version 1803.The Telegram messenger, the desktop version is also latest version. The application constantly freezes, as often as hourly. Very often when files get attached but sometimes for no visible reason or when not doing...
  9. Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error: I am running latest greatest Windows 10, version 1803.The Telegram messenger, the desktop version is also latest version. The application constantly freezes, as often as hourly. Very often when files get attached but sometimes for no visible reason or when not doing...
  10. 367 errors in Event Viewer after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    367 errors in Event Viewer after clean install: I have just clean installed Windows 10 14393 and event viewer is showing 367 errors and warnings and one critical event. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? 70877