Windows 10: Errors is CBS logs

Discus and support Errors is CBS logs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have eventually got 10 activated and it is a bit buggy freezing on certain pages and I ran the sfc and got back there are some errors - see pic - and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ICIT2LOL, Jun 15, 2016.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Errors is CBS logs

Have eventually got 10 activated and it is a bit buggy freezing on certain pages and I ran the sfc and got back there are some errors - see pic - and I am wondering just what these errors are and what to do about them.

Any advice please.

Edit I went looking for them but could not find them.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Jun 15, 2016

2. 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016871) - Error 0x8007010b

Here's an example of what follows from the above type of error

<paste>

11/05/201713:31WindowsErrorReportingFaultbucket,type0

EventName:CbsPackageServicingFailure2

Response:Notavailable

CabId:0

Problemsignature:

P1:10.0.15063.0

P2Errors is CBS logs :package_for_RollupFix

P3:15063.296.1.5

P4:amd64

P5:unknown

P6:8007010b

P7:Resolve

P8:Absent

P9:Installed

P10:WindowsUpdateAgent

Attachedfiles:

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20170511132725.log

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20170510191039.log

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20170510115439.cab

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20170510111010.cab

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CbsPersist_20170509223748.cab

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\servicing\Sessions\Sessions.xml

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\inf\setupapi.dev.log

Thesefilesmaybeavailablehere:

Analysissymbol:

Recheckingforsolution:0

ReportID:92be012e-b54e-4bae-90a6-be196d5f5d70

ReportStatus:262148

Hashedbucket:

</paste>

So, it looks like CBS converts the 0x0103 to a 0x010B. The attached files list was actually first given by a WCPOtherFailure3 event, so I think it could be showing that CBS first sees the error and then does it again with the files it wants to be associated
    with the next occurrence. In any case, this is a firm clue about where to look and when: in a CBS log portion which contains that
    11/05/201713:31
    timestamp and earlier (often much earlier, even into the preceding chunk of the archive).

FYI

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jun 15, 2016
  3. jaybobMT Win User
    2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for amd64-based Systems (KB4048955) - Error 0x800700c1

I uninstalled Carbonite...it still errors. PowerShell cannot find a CBS log...

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> (Get-Content C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log)[-500..-1] | clip

Get-Content : Cannot find path 'C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:2

+ (Get-Content C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log)[-500..-1] | clip

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log:String) [Get-Content], ItemNotFoundExceptio

n

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetContentCommand

Cannot index into a null array.

At line:1 char:1

+ (Get-Content C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log)[-500..-1] | clip

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: Errors is CBS logs :)) [], RuntimeException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArray

Is it possible the updates are actually installing and the system is just reporting the error erroneously? I think I read of this scenario somewhere while searching for a solution early on.

Thanks for all the help.

jaybobMT, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Errors is CBS logs

It might be because Windows is still catching up with Windows Updates.

Copy C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log into a compressed folder (right click, send to compressed folder). Should put the zip folder on your Desktop.

Then attach the zip folder and someone can take a look. I'm just about to hit the sack.

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2016
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok Bill I will tomorrow away from home again right now and this also happened on the Sandy Bridge I had 10 installed on but I am suspecting it is because that machine was originally a Home edition of 7 even though it says it is 10 Pro*Confused

ICIT2LOL, Jun 15, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I had the same problem on a clean install on my new build, though the single corrupted file I had was easily solved fortunately *Smile

As mentioned, upload the CBS log in a zip and we'll have a look at it *Smile

7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Having a problem with getting those CBS logs uploaded any ideas please??

ICIT2LOL, Jun 17, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Errors is CBS logs

Could you explain what problem you have?

Have you tried to zip it up and upload the zip?

9. Slartybart, Jun 17, 2016
  10. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well I followed the instructions to zip the CBS log and saved it t desktop but it would attach the reply post.

Now I know there is a problem because I have been trying to make a clone of the small drive to a larger one but get a blue screen (not BSOD) telling me there is a problem cloning the install and gives me an error code.

Now again I am away from home but will try again tomorrow. If nothing works then I shall have to do the clean install again my only concern is that I have activated my Kaspersky AV on this drive and they may balk at letting me activate again on the larger drive the rest I am not worried about.

ICIT2LOL, Jun 18, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    I would create a backup and restore the backup on the larger drive, in many cases it is much easier than cloning *Smile

12. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok Martijn I might just try that too I'll look up for a tutorial on that.

ICIT2LOL, Jun 18, 2016
  13. Errors is CBS logs

Well John, you're just going to have to type everything in the CBS.log *Biggrin

Nah, just kidding
    ... you could copy the text in the parsed log and paste it in a code box (the # on the posting menu)

You could also try disabling Kaspersky.
    There were reported issues with Kaspersky 2015 not being compatible with Win10, but Kaspersky 2016 seems to work well with Win10.

Bill

Slartybart, Jun 18, 2016
  14. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Ok Bill and yes I have 2016 KIS as I always upgrade as soon as the next version comes out - one can use the same activation code which is a plus at least. But I will disable it pro tem as well.

ICIT2LOL, Jun 18, 2016
  15. Disable it just as a test to see if it might be causing some of the issues on your machine.

It should be relatively easy to figure out if that was causing problems.

Disabled - no BSOD or other issues you reported (uploading the CBS zip folder...)
    Contact Kaspersky
    Run MS Defender until you get an answer

Disabled - still have BSODs or other issues you reported (uploading the CBS zip folder...)
    Enable Kaspersky
    It wasn't causing the issue(s)

Bill

Slartybart, Jun 18, 2016
Thema:

Errors is CBS logs

1. Errors is CBS logs - Similar Threads - Errors CBS logs

2. help with cbs log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with cbs log: hi, i recently encountered windows memory diagnostics error so decided to clean install windows again but ran into cbs error logs in sfc scannow.can anyone advise what issue and solution to the further problems....
  3. CBS LOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  4. CBS LOG

CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  5. CBS log error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS log error: HiWhere do i find and how do i read itThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log-error/dbff8182-75b3-452a-814d-89de21bbcb05
  6. CBS log error

CBS log error: HiWhere do i find and how do i read itThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log-error/dbff8182-75b3-452a-814d-89de21bbcb05
  7. CBS log error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. CBS Log question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS Log question: Hello, I have a question regarding some text in my recent CBS Log file.I have recently reset my computer due to corruption issues. After resetting the computer I ran the sfc /scannow command and it came up with, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable...
  9. CBS Log question

CBS Log question: Hello, I have a question regarding some text in my recent CBS Log file.I have recently reset my computer due to corruption issues. After resetting the computer I ran the sfc /scannow command and it came up with, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable...
  10. CBS/DISM log

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CBS/DISM log: Hi, Having stopcode errors for Memory management. Event viewer talks about harddisk0 but I am unable to get further than that as my SFC scan refuses to fix, and my chkdsk fixes issues but new ones pop up. Both DISM log and CBS log are saved to my desktop, I have no way of...