Windows 10: Errors updating Windows and installing apps

Discus and support Errors updating Windows and installing apps in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did a refresh on my Windows 10 desktop the other day, to see if it would free up space on my boot drive by eliminating stuff I didn't use. That seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yu gnomi, May 30, 2018.

1. yu gnomi Win User

Errors updating Windows and installing apps

I did a refresh on my Windows 10 desktop the other day, to see if it would free up space on my boot drive by eliminating stuff I didn't use. That seems to have worked, but I am getting errors in Windows update:

Errors updating Windows and installing apps [​IMG]

and also installing MS Store apps:

Errors updating Windows and installing apps [​IMG]

I have tried re-booting, signing out/in of account, downloading and running Windows Update troubleshooter, and clearing Windows update cache with batch file that: stops BITS, stops Windows Update service, deletes cache and re-starts Windows Update service and BITS.

None of those steps fixed my problems, and I am open to suggestions as how to fix this

:)

yu gnomi, May 30, 2018

2. Apps not installing on Windows 10

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on your system?

• Which app are you trying to install?

• What is the complete error code do you received?
    • Is this issue specific to a app or all the apps?
    Let’s try simple steps troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

At first, I suggest you to check if any Windows update is pending. (If yes, install all the Windows update).

• Type update on the Windows search bar and select Check for updates.
    • Now click on Check for updates button, it will automatically detect the Windows update if pending.
    Method 2.

I suggest you to run Windows app troubleshooter, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store. Visit the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Also, I suggest to update the Windows store manually.

• Open Windows store, click on your account on top right corner.
    • Select Download & updates and click on Check for Updates.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, May 30, 2018
  3. The error code is 0x80070002 (windows 10 app store, new app installation issue "try again later")

Hello,

As you are unable to install the apps and updates from Windows Store, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the issue persists with Windows Updates as well?

The error: 0x80070002 occurs when some files in the Windows Update are missing, even though the update is downloaded and extracted successfully. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter.

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all
      in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update
    • Click on Advanced, check mark
      Apply repairs automatically, and then click on Run as Administrator.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Errors updating Windows and installing apps

1. Errors updating Windows and installing apps - Similar Threads - Errors updating installing

2. Install error - 0x800f081f Cant update windows or app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install error - 0x800f081f Cant update windows or app store: For the last month couldnt update windows from Install error - 0x800f081falso this has effected windows store not updating any apps or its selfalso missing pc health apparently from missing/corrupt files this is stopping me from using the windows store as needed for games but...
  3. Install error - 0x800f081f Cant update windows or app store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install error - 0x800f081f Cant update windows or app store: For the last month couldnt update windows from Install error - 0x800f081falso this has effected windows store not updating any apps or its selfalso missing pc health apparently from missing/corrupt files this is stopping me from using the windows store as needed for games but...
  4. Having "Error" in installing or updating any apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Having "Error" in installing or updating any apps.: Hi! Im having problems with this, i cant seem to download, install or update any application. then this prompt after checking "see details" on why is there an error.Any help is appreciatedThank you....
  5. Error installing an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing an app: [ATTACH]This keeps happening how do i fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-installing-an-app/5005b5a7-a3c7-4eab-9bce-91067f878eb0
  6. Install app error

Install app error: When i download apps, I always get the "Unable to install" error message. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-app-error/9f547d86-f7df-4910-a6d7-6b6c6e5420e9
  7. Error installing apps in windows app store.

Error installing apps in windows app store.: Every time I try to install some apps from the Microsoft store, I keep getting this error code "Code: 0x80070005". I have tried the powershell method on fixing it. Hoping someone here can help. I'm trying to install Minecraft Windows 10 edition....
  8. Windows 10 Store App Install/Update Error 0x80246008

Windows 10 Store App Install/Update Error 0x80246008: Hello, Recently, my Microsoft store started making problems with app install/update. On every single app install/update, it gives me this error. [ATTACH] Can someone help me fix it? Thanks in advance....
  9. Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Following refresh, have errors updating Windows and installing apps: I did a refresh on my Windows 10 desktop the other day, to see if it would free up space on my boot drive by eliminating stuff I didn't use. That seems to have worked, but I am getting errors in Windows update: [img] and also installing MS Store apps: [img] I have tried...
  10. Cannot install or update Apps Windows Store , error 80073DOA

Cannot install or update Apps Windows Store , error 80073DOA: I cannot install anything from Windows Store. It will down load normally & then fail with error 80073DOA. Updates to Apps also fail to install with the same error. I have run wreset ( several times) but still no joy. Date & Time Zone are correct. Windows Firewall must...