Windows 10: Errors when installing printer (HP Laserjet1320)

Discus and support Errors when installing printer (HP Laserjet1320) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to install a laserjet 1320 on Windows 10 64 bit, and Windows seems to be unable to install the driver. I tried to install the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Davidx88, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Davidx88 Win User

Errors when installing printer (HP Laserjet1320)

Hi all, I'm trying to install a laserjet 1320 on Windows 10 64 bit, and Windows seems to be unable to install the driver. I tried to install the driver both through the control panel, and by downloading the driver from the HP site, named "HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 8 and Higher (64-bit)." When I select the file, "dot4x64.msi", a window flashes on the screen and disappears abruptly which doesn't let you to read what's happening. I wasn't prompted by the typical installation window which usually appears when installing any driver or software. I can't get help from HP because it's out of warranty.

After I tried both ways to install the driver, the printer does appear under the list of printers in control panel>devices and printers, but the status is "driver unavailable". (under properties, it's indicated that the drivers are installed)

When I tried to install through the control panel, and selected "add a printer" > "the printer that I want isn't listed", > "add a printer with manual settings", > "dot4_001 HP print device" > "windows update" > I then located my printer, and when trying to install it I get the error message " printer driver wasn't installed" with no other information.

When I updated Windows in Windows Update, I found that Windows was also trying to install the driver automatically, but I was getting this error message :

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Microsoft driver update for hp LaserJet 1320 PCL 5 - Error 0x80240061

For some reason, Windows is unable to install this driver and it doesn't tell you why. Very frustrating. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Davidx88, Aug 6, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Aug 6, 2018
  3. gtspeck Win User
    HP L7680 Installation error

Yes, HP Print and Scan doctor ran fine and found no errors. When I un-installed the software I turned the printer off disconnected the ethernet cable from the router and printer before installing the software. The software installs fine, locates the printer, installs solution center, but in the last step of the configuration is where the error occurs.

gtspeck, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Errors when installing printer (HP Laserjet1320)

Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

HP Technical Support, Help, and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Errors when installing printer (HP Laserjet1320)

1. Errors when installing printer (HP Laserjet1320) - Similar Threads - Errors installing printer

2. Install Error - 0x800f020b HP - Printer - 20.80.3.9568

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Error - 0x800f020b HP - Printer - 20.80.3.9568: Windows update displays the following error: Install Error - 0x800f020b HP - Printer - 20.80.3.9568.I do not have an HP printer and have never installed one. How do i remove the error from windows update....
  3. Install Error - 0x800f020b HP - Printer - 20.80.3.9568

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Error - 0x800f020b HP - Printer - 20.80.3.9568: Windows update displays the following error: Install Error - 0x800f020b HP - Printer - 20.80.3.9568.I do not have an HP printer and have never installed one. How do i remove the error from windows update....
  4. Hp Printer install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Printer install: HP printers Installed and then always Error. We Can't install any HP printer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-install/fb40139b-7566-46ca-b4bd-b0b9adb9cf3b
  5. Hp Printer install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Printer install: HP printers Installed and then always Error. We Can't install any HP printer . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-install/fb40139b-7566-46ca-b4bd-b0b9adb9cf3b
  6. Hp Printer install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HP printer error

HP printer error: My HP printer won't copy or scan. There is an error "scanner problem Turn printer off and then on. If the problem is not fixed, the scanner component is broken and cannot copy or scan." Can this be fixed?...
  8. HP PRINTER ERROR

HP PRINTER ERROR: HP PHOTOSMART C6380 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER GENERAL PRINTER ERROR 0x61011beb I CANNOT CLEAR IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-error/80865900-c409-405b-b675-00a146e55fa7
  9. HP printer failed to install

HP printer failed to install: printer driver failed to install because HP is not a member of the Administrators group. c\\Windows\System32\Driverstore\filerepository\hpwia_en7640.inf_c530c8df0\hpwia_en7640.inf...
  10. error hp printer

error hp printer: I installed windows10 1803 build and when I want to print in word I got no access to print settings then I see error message(function address caused a protection fault exception code 0xc00005 windows 10) how can I solve this problem? In spite of having access of...