Windows 10: ES File Explore: unable to login to shares on one particular hard driv

Discus and support ES File Explore: unable to login to shares on one particular hard driv in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC is a Windows 10 with 2 internal drives (C:, H:) and 2 external drives (D:, F:, G:). I have various shares setup across all the drives so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SewHelpMe, Sep 8, 2017.

1. SewHelpMe Win User

ES File Explore: unable to login to shares on one particular hard driv

My PC is a Windows 10 with 2 internal drives (C:, HES File Explore: unable to login to shares on one particular hard driv :) and 2 external drives (D:, F:, GES File Explore: unable to login to shares on one particular hard driv :). I have various shares setup across all the drives so I can access them remotely on our home network.

From my Android 7, using ES File Explore, I can access shares on D:, F: and G: but not H:. I eventually found a security error so I backed up the files to another external drive, reformatted drive H: and restored files. I then recreated the 3 shares.

The problem only exists when trying to access these shares from ES File Explorer on my Android 7.

I get the error message:

Login fails
    This may be caused by:
    - WLAN is off
    - SMB server is out of network space
    - The IP is invalid
    - Blocked by the firewall
    - SMB service is off

Since I am able to access all the other shared directories I know it is specific to just this one internal hard drive. I have no problems when I use any other Windows 10 device on our LAN or even my old iPhone (which I use like a tablet and not a phone).

I have been struggling with this problem for a VERY long time and am utterly frustrated. I really hope someone can help me.

Android 7
    o/s version 6.0.1
    kernel version 3.4.0-gad29d11
    build MOB30X

ES File Explorer, Pro version 1.0.9

Windows 10 x64, v1607 OS Build 14393.1593
    Network & Sharing Center -> Advanced sharing settings
    Private
    • Turned on network discovery, automatic
    • File & Printer sharing -> turned on
    • HomeGroup connections: allow windows
    Guest or Public
    • Network discovery on (used to be off)
    • File & Printer sharing -> turned on
    All Networks
    • Public -> turned on sharing
    • Media -> no options selected
    • File sharing -> use 128 bit
    • Password protected sharing -> turned off (used to be on)
    Please note, on my PC:
    • I use only a local login account
    • Was Static IP but at the moment it's Dynamic

I'm not certain what other information to provide.

:)

SewHelpMe, Sep 8, 2017

2. can't connect with android

Same problem here. I upgraded from Win 7 to 10, got file sharing working with other home computers. One running Win 7, the other Win 10. My desktop Win 10 machine does not use a password for logging in. Whatever I try, I get looped back to the login screen.

I'm using a Cisco gateway to Comcast. On the LAN my Win 10 desktop has a fixed IP address of 10.0.0.10. Under Win 7, that was all ES File Explored needed to access the file system. Now it doesn't work.

Someone mentioned using Solid Explorer instead of ES File Explorer. I'll give that a try.

Anybody else have anything positive to report?

MarshallAbrams, Sep 8, 2017
  3. can't connect with android

I can connect with ES File explorer ( without username and password ) by turn off password protected sharing, under all network. but I can't access my main user account in ES.Can access other shared folder.in Solid explorer same result as Es File Explorer.

another app X-plore can connect with password protected sharing and can access main account and other shared folder.

Patel_Paresh, Sep 8, 2017
Thema:

ES File Explore: unable to login to shares on one particular hard driv

1. ES File Explore: unable to login to shares on one particular hard driv - Similar Threads - File Explore unable

2. Unable to Share Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Share Files: Hi,I have a new install of Windows 10 V 22H2, and I have been unable to set it up to share its files on our LAN.These are my Advanced Sharing Settings:Private Profile - Network Discovery ON Auto Setup ON File & Printer Sharing ONGuest or Public Profile Same as...
  3. Unable to Share Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Share Files: Hi,I have a new install of Windows 10 V 22H2, and I have been unable to set it up to share its files on our LAN.These are my Advanced Sharing Settings:Private Profile - Network Discovery ON Auto Setup ON File & Printer Sharing ONGuest or Public Profile Same as...
  4. Unable to Share Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...
  6. File Explorer-Share

File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  7. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  8. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Unable to share files

Unable to share files: Is there a simple way for me to share, use, edit, play and generally do all the things people do with ALL files on all computers Win 10 Home on my home network? I've tried all permissions and sharing options and all I can see is a link which opens windows media player. I'm...
  10. Bad Request for one driv

Bad Request for one driv: HOw can I fix this problem, I can not get to sites in Edge.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-request-for-one-driv/e2d38cce-c1a7-4456-a738-a56abb4decc4