Windows 10: ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing

Discus and support ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to use ES File Explorer on my rooted GS2 Android phone to view a folder on my Windows 10 PC. My PC shares a Public Folder with other members... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mel2000, Dec 10, 2016.

1. mel2000 Win User

ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing

I'd like to use ES File Explorer on my rooted GS2 Android phone to view a folder on my Windows 10 PC. My PC shares a Public Folder with other members on our local Private network.

When I share the laptop folder (Share with -> specific people) and select my PC account, the folder and contents can still be seen on another member's PC via its Network folder in Windows Explorer. I'd like the sharing to exclude other members of the network and only allow local access between my phone and PC.

Advanced Sharing Settings -> All Networks -> Password Protected Sharing -> Turn on... (enabled)
    Advanced Sharing Settings -> Guest/Public -> Turn Off (network discovery and all sharing)

Is there a way to exclude the folder from other members? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: The parent of that subfolder was not shared and Windows Explorer only displays the subfolder. The Android displays the parent and subfolder, though neither can be opened.

:)

mel2000, Dec 10, 2016

2. can't connect with android

I can connect with ES File explorer ( without username and password ) by turn off password protected sharing, under all network. but I can't access my main user account in ES.Can access other shared folder.in Solid explorer same result as Es File Explorer.

another app X-plore can connect with password protected sharing and can access main account and other shared folder.

Patel_Paresh, Dec 10, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Dec 10, 2016
  4. mel2000 Win User

SOLVED:
    I was able to open a shared/hidden Windows 10 folder from ES File Explorer by simply adding "Everyone" to the list of shared users to that folder in Windows 10. My sharing is password protected so I have complete control of user access.

mel2000, Dec 20, 2016
Thema:

1. ES File Explorer: Need to Restrict Folder Viewing - Similar Threads - File Explorer Need

2. File Explorer Restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Restrictions: I am my laptop administrator. When I try to enter a file in my new MacAfee Vault, this is what I get: - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-restrictions/690655c7-9e49-40aa-a5aa-0909a58e7101
  3. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  4. Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?: Is there a utility that can remember your customized views of various folders and keep them persistent across time? For example, I dislike being given the "Type" field in the detailed view of File Explorer, since I have Explorer set to show filename extensions, and I usually...
  5. Word and File Explorer default folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word and File Explorer default folder view: I want to change the folder view in Word and File Explorer to show only the columns I want, and in the order I want. For example, I want the order to read: Name, Date Modified, Size, Type. Now, Type always precedes Size, no matter how many times I change it. [Moved by...
  6. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  7. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  8. Folders and Files view in Windows 10 Explorer

Folders and Files view in Windows 10 Explorer: Hi, I want to tidy up my file/folder structure. I am thinking that if I could see all my existing information in a tree-like view this would help enormously. But maybe there is a better way. Thanks....
  9. "File Explorer->View->Options" gives a Restrictions error.

in Windows 10 Support
    "File Explorer->View->Options" gives a Restrictions error.: I'm trying to access my File Explorer options so I can set "This PC" as default for File Explorer instead of Quick access, and every time I click "Options" I receive the following error: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...
  10. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting to restrict microsoft from viewing file folder