Windows 10: eSATA to USB 3 adapter?

Discus and support eSATA to USB 3 adapter? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sort of a hardware question: I I have an old PC with an front panel eSATA port (not power eSATA or eSATA + USB) and a couple USB 2 ports but no USB 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pokeefe0001, May 20, 2018.

1. eSATA to USB 3 adapter?

Sort of a hardware question:
    I I have an old PC with an front panel eSATA port (not power eSATA or eSATA + USB) and a couple USB 2 ports but no USB 3 ports. I have no need for eSATA but have a number of USB 3.0 devices. I've been looking for an eSTAT-m to USB 3.0-f adapter or cable but have not been able to find any. I've seen many USB-m to eSATA-f and several eSATAp-m to USB-f.

<many more web searches occurred here>

I now understand that the eSATA interface does not provide power so the adapter I'm looking for would have to be a powered Adapter. Knowing that doesn't seem to help. Does anybody know of such a beast?

:)

pokeefe0001, May 20, 2018
  2. AmyBass Win User

eSATA device not recognized

Hi - I am having this same problem, I believe. My external hard drive (Fantom GFP2000Q3 Pro 2TB USB/eSata/Firewire) was working perfectly with Windows 7. I had it attached to my laptop using the eSata port. After I upgraded to Windows 10, however, it
    just was not recognized at all. I discovered that it works just fine when I plug it into the USB 3.0 port - Windows automatically recognizes it and it operates perfectly. When I plug it back into the eSata port though - nothing. I tried running the Troubleshooter
    (as suggested above) but Windows still did not even know it's plugged in.

I contacted Fantom, and they told me that these drives do not require any drivers to be installed with "modern" operating systems... everything it needs is already there in the OS.

So - try plugging your drive into the USB port (if your drive has one) and see if that makes it pop up. Post here if you find a solution to the problem, please.

Thanks!

- Amy

AmyBass, May 20, 2018
  3. after 10586, eSATA not recognized

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Are you searching for the drivers in hardware manufacturer's website?

eSATA-2 RAID device drivers will be available in the manufacturer website. I suggest you to download and install the latest drivers and check if it resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 20, 2018
Thema:

eSATA to USB 3 adapter?

1. eSATA to USB 3 adapter? - Similar Threads - eSATA USB adapter

2. USB 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3: Somebody fixed my USB 3 ports With the May 2023 Driver. They haven’ worked correctly for more than a year and several driver updates. Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3/68c903ad-082d-4aef-8c7d-a40abdfca86c
  3. USB 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3: Somebody fixed my USB 3 ports With the May 2023 Driver. They haven’ worked correctly for more than a year and several driver updates. Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3/68c903ad-082d-4aef-8c7d-a40abdfca86c
  4. USB 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New Server 2022 fails to backup to external USB or eSATA drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Server 2022 fails to backup to external USB or eSATA drives: Windows Server Backup will successfully backup to local SATA drives and NAS file shares, but I can't get it to save to a Backup Schedule using external SATA drives in a USB or eSATA dock. I have tried 4TB Seagate drives and 2TB WD drives and it will always backup the EFI boot...
  6. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  7. eSata to USB?

eSata to USB?: My laptop has an eSata socket but all of my external drive docks are USB 3. Are there any adapters available that would let me connect the two? 141577
  8. Security settings for external esata / usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Security settings for external esata / usb drive: Hello, Recently upgraded to a Windows 10 PC, I also have another nearly identical Windows 10 PC plus three other PC running earlier versions of Windows. I have a 1TB external SATA drive (accessing from an eSata and USB connection) that I need to access from all my PC's...
  9. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable: I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata...
  10. Recommend USB 3 adapter card with USB 2 compatibility, internal USB

Recommend USB 3 adapter card with USB 2 compatibility, internal USB: (sorry if this is a repost) I need a USB 3 card with 3-4 external ports that are known to work with USB 2 devices, unlike the USB 3 ports on my ASUS motherboard. This card also needs to have 1 internal USB port. I don't need the 2x20 header connector that supports a cable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows device drivers installed for the esata adapter