Windows 10: ESD file

Discus and support ESD file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the $windows.~WS folder and then Sources there is a file Installx64.esd can that be used to create a ISO file that can be burned to do an Install?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shipinomore10, Nov 14, 2015.

1. ESD file

In the $windows.~WS folder and then Sources there is a file Installx64.esd
    can that be used to create a ISO file that can be burned to do an Install?
    also would rufus be able to create a bootable usb?
    thanks.
    Shipinomore

:)

shipinomore10, Nov 14, 2015
  2. x osn Win User

Windows 10 create your own installation media

You will need to decrypt the Windows 10 ESD file which is located w/in the following folder

C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Install.esd

upon your hard disk & convert it from an esd file back in to an ISO file using an ESD to ISO decrypter for your Windows 10 installation which can be saved to a safe place upon your PC!

Windows 10 Forums> "ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File">

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/esd-to-iso-create-bootable-iso-from-windows-10-esd-file.7462/

Regards,

Xen.

x osn, Nov 14, 2015
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 14, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

ESD file

5. thank you. I am converting it now so I guess we will see what it shows for folders.
    shipinomore

6. pbcopter Win User
    pbcopter, Nov 14, 2015
  7. hi pbcopter; I did the conversion and it showed the 10240 build. so that one appears to be the version prior to the update. I took the file out of my current version which is 10586.
    I have done the esd to iso a few times and keep a folder for doing so. also have Rufus in there to create usb drives.
    thank you for the reply.
    Shipinomore

8. Ztruker Win User

ESD file

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2015
  9. Thank you for the link. There are so many links to download from and you never know how fast they keep them current. I have three laptops that were upgraded about three days before the Autumn or november release and they still have not updated.
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ESD file

1. ESD file - Similar Threads - ESD file

2. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete an ESD file?: I have 2 ESD files: one for Windows 10 and one for Windows 11. I want to delete the one for Windows 10 as I don’t need it anymore… How do I delete one but not the other?...
  3. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an ESD file?: I have 2 ESD files: one for Windows 10 and one for Windows 11. I want to delete the one for Windows 10 as I don’t need it anymore… How do I delete one but not the other?...
  4. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...: I wasn’t able to download cumulative updates and had about 4gb of space on my SSD; after lengthy procedures I got on to Microsoft Tier 3 and we downloaded what I think is called an ISO; it's titled ESD-USB a WIM file is yet another name apparently: I was initially told that...
  6. "Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...

"Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...: I wasn’t able to download cumulative updates and had about 4gb of space on my SSD; after lengthy procedures I got on to Microsoft Tier 3 and we downloaded what I think is called an ISO; it's titled ESD-USB a WIM file is yet another name apparently: I was initially told that...
  7. "Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  9. check if i have ESD file

check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  10. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware