Windows 10: ESENT errors in Event Viewer

Discus and support ESENT errors in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place, so please move it/me if I'm misplaced. I recently re-installed W10, and used Kari's tutorial to help me move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by omnescient, Mar 2, 2016.

1. ESENT errors in Event Viewer

Not sure if this is the right place, so please move it/me if I'm misplaced.

I recently re-installed W10, and used Kari's tutorial to help me move the Users folder to a partition on another disk, using the sysprep routine.

This is a list of W10s Environment variables that apply to my account (MS/user/admin):

ESENT errors in Event Viewer [​IMG]

Those that relate to my account all seem to be pointing to the right location (H:\Users).

However, until I turned off 'Sync my settings', the event viewer was littered with errors regarding ESENT--Extensible Storage (database) Engine, recorded multiple times per minute in an infinitely repetitive sequence: Events 494, 454, 488 & 413. The 494 event is the trigger:

SettingSyncHost (2876) {068B89D8-0F81-40D5-A335-0959E66CAECB}: Database recovery failed with error -1216 because it encountered references to a database, 'C:\Users\omnes\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb', which is no longer present. The database was not brought to a Clean Shutdown state before it was removed (or possibly moved or renamed). The database engine will not permit recovery to complete for this instance until the missing database is re-instated. If the database is truly no longer available and no longer required, procedures for recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or by following the "more information" link at the bottom of this message.

Can anyone suggest a way of directing the SettingSyncHost process to the right location? The drive/partition label (CESENT errors in Event Viewer :) should be H:, but otherwise the path is correct, and the db file (which is a hidden, system file) exists in that location.

It's not a problem for at present, as I don't have any devices that use that account, and have turned off 'Sync my settings' via Account settings; but it may be in the future, and may also be an issue for those who have moved the Users folder and have devices that give them that syncing feeling.

Incidentally, virtually all references in the MKB describe permissions rather than location problems, and the "more information" link in Event Viewer (Event Log Online Help) provides no information (Page Not Found).

:)

omnescient, Mar 2, 2016

2. Computer Freezes

Update: This may not be entirely an ESENT problem. Looking at my event viewer, I'm not seeing enough errors. During the typing of this post it has frozen three times, but there is no ESENT error logged during this period, nor really any error I can find
    in the event viewer.

ErikHouse1, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Error ESENT Event ID 413 Logging/Recovery

I was getting over 50 ESENT errors in the event viewer after each reboot. I tried SFC /SCANNOW, DISM, CHKDSK /R. It did not work.........................

I then created a new profile, rebooted and logged in with the new profile. The ESENT errors are now gone. The system runs smooth. Many other errors that event viewer was listing are also gone now.
    The old profile was corrupt. The new profile works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d8f05c48-09bc-4db8-a829-23b1ea0b23ce, Mar 2, 2016
  4. Hydranix Win User

ESENT errors in Event Viewer

Try a symbolic link to make it appear as it C:\Users exists, but point it to H:\Users
    Then optionally make it hidden so it doesn't clutter things.

Open CMD.exe as admin.

Code: mklink /D "C:\Users" "H:\Users"[/quote] To make it hidden
    Code: attrib +H "C:\Users"[/quote] To make it hidden and a system file (hiding it slightly more hidden)\
    Code: attrib +H +S "C:\Users"[/quote]

Hydranix, Mar 2, 2016
  5. To make it hidden
    Code: attrib +H "C:\Users"[/quote] To make it hidden and a system file (hiding it slightly more hidden)\
    Code: attrib +H +S "C:\Users"[/quote] [/quote] I created the link, turned syncing back on, enabled each of the individual sync settings, and so far, no errors.

Thanks Hydranix; I can mark this one solved.

I have some ideas as to why the SettingSyncHost looks for the db in the wrong location, but that's whole new thread waiting for activation...

omnescient, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ESENT errors in Event Viewer

1. ESENT errors in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - ESENT errors Event

2. Event Viewer ESENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer ESENT: [ATTACH] It happens that every time I launch my PC, These 4 errors occur. Could you help me as to what they are, how to fix them, and if they're safe or not? Thanks in advance....
  3. ESENT Event ID 508 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

ESENT Event ID 508 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer: Hello, I am running Windows 10 on an AMD machine, and I noticed that my machine stalls every once in a while. When I check the vent viewer, these warnings appear: ESENT 508 taskhostw 3844,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file...
  4. got an error in event viewer, source: ESENT

got an error in event viewer, source: ESENT: svchost 4276,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 0xfffffc01 occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log....
  5. ESENT error in event log

ESENT error in event log: Can someone please explain the following event log error svchost 5776,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log -1023 (0xfffffc01) Thanks Russell...
  6. ESENT Messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    ESENT Messages in Event Viewer: A week ago I saw some ESENT messages in Event Viewer. I don't have a clue what this stuff is about so I gave up on it and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Today there are more messages, and the more I clicked around in Event Viewer the more messages were created. If all else...
  7. Event Viewer Error The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL

Event Viewer Error The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL: Below are my errors, keep in mind the MSI Gaming App (see final error) always does that, seems they broke it someway for anniversary edition and never fixed it. Any ideas what I should do to get rid of these? Code: The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL...
  8. Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT Event 467

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT Event 467: EDIT: ARGH, sorry, meant to post this in General Discussion forum, I have no idea if it is a network issue. Hello everyone, I keep seeing this error appear several times a day, even during idle, in my Event Viewer. I did a clean install of build 10586 less than a month...
  9. Event Viewer Error The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL: Below are my errors, keep in mind the MSI Gaming App (see final error) always does that, seems they broke it someway for anniversary edition and never fixed it. Any ideas what I should do to get rid of these? Code: The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL...
  10. Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT, Event 467

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Errors: SettingSyncHost, Source ESENT, Event 467: Hello everyone, I keep seeing this error appear several times a day, even during idle, in my Event Viewer. I did a clean install of build 10586 less than a month ago. I'm not having any overt issues yet, but the error is disturbing. SettingSyncHost (9144)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settingsynchost remote metastore error 1811

2. error 1023 0xfffffc01 esent

3. what is essent on windows event viewer

4. essent event viewer,
  5. error esent 490 in windows event,
  6. esent455,
  7. ESENT errors event viewer,
  8. esent event viewer error