Windows 10: eset and windows defender are both turned on

Discus and support eset and windows defender are both turned on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Eset smart security says it is working properly, and windows security center says both are turned on. what to do? Leave it that way? If not, how to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shmu26, Feb 23, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

eset and windows defender are both turned on

Eset smart security says it is working properly, and windows security center says both are turned on.
    what to do? Leave it that way? If not, how to turn off defender?

:)

shmu26, Feb 23, 2016
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

Crashes and blue screens

BT, you have too many Antivirus products (ESET, Windows Defender) or elements of them, loading at the same time. Turn off WD, then uninstall and reinstall ESET or uninstall ESET and turn on Windows Defender and firewall(recommended).

XP ROCKS., Feb 23, 2016
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Both Kaspersky And Windows Defender Are Turned Off

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device." Accordingly you should not
    be trying to use two AV programs to provide real time scanning - that causes performance issues, software conflicts and other issues.

Same computer?
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/is-it-alright-to-run-both-windows-defenders-and/0b4f2033-bb22-412b-b71b-eafe49734c9c

And you removed any trial software that was on the computer when you first purchased it (such as McAfee or Norton) and ran the appropriate software removal tool for such products? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

If you want to use Kaspersky suggest uninstall Kaspersky, run the Kaspersky Removal Tool, reboot and then install a new version of Kaspersky. Windows Defender should be disabled.

List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Your best option regarding issues with Kaspersky would be to seek advice from Kaspersky Support or the Kaspersky Forum:

Kaspersky Lab Technical Support

Kaspersky Lab Forum

If necessary you can always manually disable Windows Defender:
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-on-or-off-windows-defender-in-windows-10.6895/

Regards

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Feb 23, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Sounds like Eset is replacing your Windows Firewall, so that should be turned off, and Defender is running as your AV for protection.

OldMike65, Feb 23, 2016
  5. shmu26 Win User
    eset is running as firewall, and that's okay with me.
    now windows defender turned itself off, but is complaining about that.
    It does not seem to be detecting eset properly.

shmu26, Feb 23, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok try a reboot and see what happens.

OldMike65, Feb 23, 2016
  7. shmu26 Win User
    I am after the reboot

shmu26, Feb 23, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

So just what is defender reporting?? post a screenshot if ya can

OldMike65, Feb 23, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    As I have never run Eset, I'm not familiar with its settings, is this a paid program? If its a firewall AND AV then it could be conflicting with Defender.

OldMike65, Feb 23, 2016
  10. shmu26 Win User
    yes, after the trial period is over, it is a paid program. it used to be known as nod32 or something like that. It's a pretty popular program worldwide, I think, but I am considering uninstalling it at this point, because aside from the issue I posted about here, it also seems to have interfered with a pretty innocuous child's game called super mario that my kids like to play.

shmu26, Feb 23, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    I suppose you could go thru all of Esets settings to see if you can change some of the defaults, to allow you to run the programs you want. I would think their should be options for you in Eset to choose what it monitors. ? But on the other side, lots of our members here only run Windows Firewall and Defender, along with the Free version of Malwarebytes.

OldMike65, Feb 23, 2016
  12. shmu26 Win User
    I am doing just that on my main machine, but on my wife's machine, she doesn't like to have to worry about security concerns. she has enough on her mind. So I prefer to have a AV program that will do the hard thinking, just in case she doesn't.

shmu26, Feb 23, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Ok, but hope you understand NO AV program will protect anyone 100% The user has to be responsible for their own Web activity to a certain extent. No firewall will either, not 100% that is. You have many choices to choose from. Some are better than others. Wish you nothing but the best. *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 23, 2016
  14. shmu26 Win User
    thanks for the good advice, and good it is.

shmu26, Feb 23, 2016
  15. Lesmi Win User
    Lesmi, May 2, 2016
Thema:

1. eset and windows defender are both turned on - Similar Threads - eset defender are

2. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  3. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  4. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender and TotalAV both turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender and TotalAV both turned off: In the past it was possible to click and enable TotalAV .Is there now a permissions problem since the last Windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-and-totalav-both-turned-off/bb72c172-19bb-4998-a9f7-d6ac08dbf3d0
  6. Defender and TotalAV both turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender and TotalAV both turned off: In the past it was possible to click and enable TotalAV .Is there now a permissions problem since the last Windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-and-totalav-both-turned-off/bb72c172-19bb-4998-a9f7-d6ac08dbf3d0
  7. Defender and TotalAV both turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. ESET

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESET: HiTrying to uninstall the Eset scanner program when i click brings me to control panel to uninstall the programbut its not there?THANK YOUTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eset/a7b70dfd-0ac3-481e-a26a-1dded67112f4
  9. Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.: I just got a notifications that says "Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off. " When I go into Virus & threat protection its says that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization. Which is not possible cause its my pc at home which...
  10. Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on: I have Comodo's free protection installed. Since I installed Windows 10, I keep getting a periodic pop-up message at the lower right of my screen telling me that both Comodo Defense + and Windows Defender are turned off. When I go to the Security and Maintenance window, both...