Windows 10: ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears

Discus and support ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I looked at my updates, doesn't appear that any went on recently, yet, today my computer rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElenaAshley, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I looked at my updates, doesn't appear that any went on recently, yet, today my computer rebooted itself, now I have a new drive letter. Any ideas? I can't access the drive.

:)

ElenaAshley, Aug 10, 2018

2. What is ESP Drive?

What is ESP Drive ??

Why Appeared It Windows 10 ??

Today a mysterious new drive called "ESP (FESP drive letter E mysteriously appears :)" appeared on my PC. It is about 496 MB. And when I click on it, I'm told I do not "currently have permission to access this folder". But I Am Administration User
    On My Computer ??

Please Help Me.

Jay.Mehta39, Aug 10, 2018
  3. mysterious local drive z:

Yes, I would say it most likely is Win10 doing this, as has been experienced by
    many other people who've created numerous threads about this same issue of a mysterious Z: drive that appears and disappears seemingly at random. (According to one theory Z: is the ESP or recovery partition mistakenly being assigned a drive letter,
    and the issue is possibly related to Windows updates.)

As such, my suggestion would be to map to a different drive letter, and ignore the other ridiculous suggestion made above. Most definitely everyone who's seen Z: come and go doesn't have a broken Win10 copy necessitating a reinstall. This is just another
    Windows bug.

RobertJWin, Aug 10, 2018
  4. ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears

A new drive called ESP(DESP drive letter E mysteriously appears :) appeared and I dont have access to it

What is ESP Drive ??

Why Appeared It Windows 10 ??

Today a mysterious new drive called "ESP (FESP drive letter E mysteriously appears :)" appeared on my PC. It is about 496 MB. And when I click on it, I'm told I do not "currently have permission to access this folder". But I Am Administration User
    On My Computer ??

Please Help Me.

Jay.Mehta39, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears

1. ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears - Similar Threads - ESP drive letter

2. External Drive Keeps Skipping Drive Letter E and Showing Drive Letter F - Disk Management...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive Keeps Skipping Drive Letter E and Showing Drive Letter F - Disk Management...: Hi everyone,I'm facing an ongoing issue with my external SSD, as it consistently skips drive letter E and defaults to drive letter F every time I connect it to my computer. Despite attempting to fix it through Disk Management and changing the drive letter back to E, it only...
  3. External Drive Keeps Skipping Drive Letter E and Showing Drive Letter F - Disk Management...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Drive Keeps Skipping Drive Letter E and Showing Drive Letter F - Disk Management...: Hi everyone,I'm facing an ongoing issue with my external SSD, as it consistently skips drive letter E and defaults to drive letter F every time I connect it to my computer. Despite attempting to fix it through Disk Management and changing the drive letter back to E, it only...
  4. Drive letter changed from D: to E:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive letter changed from D: to E:: Recently, I found an old flash drive that I had. I plugged it in my computer to see what was on it. The issue is, the flash drive I used every day wasn't plugged in, so it stole the drive letter from my main flash drive, and it jumbled everything up. Now, for most people, the...
  5. Drive letter changed from D: to E:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive letter changed from D: to E:: Recently, I found an old flash drive that I had. I plugged it in my computer to see what was on it. The issue is, the flash drive I used every day wasn't plugged in, so it stole the drive letter from my main flash drive, and it jumbled everything up. Now, for most people, the...
  6. Drive letter changed from D: to E: for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive letter changed from D: to E: for no reason: Recently, I found an old flash drive that I had. I plugged it in my computer to see what was on it. The issue is, the flash drive I used every day wasn't plugged in, so it stole the drive letter from my main flash drive, and it jumbled everything up. Now, for most people, the...
  7. Real Stubborn, Un-Movable Mystery Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Real Stubborn, Un-Movable Mystery Drive Letter: Win 10 Home, Version 19042.928 Ressurected and repaired a HP laptop, installed fresh copy of Win 10 Home. LT has two drives C: OS & D: storage. On installing and checking OS installation, a drive letter appeared, E:, it's tiny in size, 99.2 mb, it's used for something but I...
  8. Any drive with drive letter "E" is inaccessibe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any drive with drive letter "E" is inaccessibe: I have a Windows 10 PC. There's a strange issue I am facing. Any drive which has drive letter "E" becomes inaccessible. I was changing default location of User folders when this happened. If I connect a USB drive, it is assigned letter "E". It is inaccessible in that...
  9. Mysterious drive Z: appears!

Mysterious drive Z: appears!: Hello every one, have a good day! Here i come with my recent problem as in thread title. Recently i found a Z: drive that i cannot acces or modify it in any way. Here is some data that i gathered: Code: DISKPART> detail disk Hitachi HTS541010A9E680 Disk ID:...
  10. Mystery Drive Appeared

Mystery Drive Appeared: I have a Local Disc drive appeared on my system, System(Z) 356 MB capacity, 85.5MB used space,Fat 32 file system,if I click on Hardware it shows a CD Rom drive,can anyone offer any advice? 48949