Windows 10: Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping

Discus and support Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, After updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my Ethernet adapter is intermittently dropping my connection. I have another machine exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ashez7, May 25, 2016.

1. ashez7 Win User

Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping

Hi Guys,

After updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my Ethernet adapter is intermittently dropping my connection. I have another machine exactly the same specs and it is not happening on the machine. The Ethernet adapter is a

Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping [​IMG]

Has anyone experienced an issue like before? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver makes no difference. It was working prior on windows 8.1 as well.

Kind Regards

:)

ashez7, May 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Ethernet Connection Drops?

I just installed and plugged in a new Windows 10 Enterprise HP box into our network and it is intermittently dropping and reconnecting the Ethernet connection. It is not reliable.

Suggestions?

hector santos, May 25, 2016
  3. JosKr Win User
    Windows 10 update broke the LAN driver (Broadcom)

So I got the Windows 10 update yesterday, and I started dropping internet connection. My internet work intermittently, every few minutes I lose connection, restarting adapter will make it work for few minutes, and then again I would
    lose connection.

If i run troubleshoot i get info "The default gateway is not available"!

I searched about this problem, and it is problem in driver. I tried to install driver from manufacturer page, but install get interrupted with some error (drivers from this page always worked fine for me).

If I go to Device Manager -> update drivers, Windows will find drivers and I will make connection, but it will work intermittently. I think that Windows installs some bad drivers.

After a while, I found out how to install driver from manufacturer page (one that always worked). I delete windows driver from system32/DRIVERS, and installation is fine, but now I don't see Ethernet adapter in adapter settings. Only way Ethernet adapter
    will show is to let Windows update drivers, and it will install that bad one again.

I can't work on my pc without internet connection. Help is appreciated.

JosKr, May 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Need the output from netsh wlan show all. You have to run it in a Command Window.

bro67, May 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Ethernet adapter intermittently dropping - Similar Threads - Ethernet adapter intermittently

2. WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]: My WiFi was intermittently dropping. Tried nearly all the online suggestions without success,including solutions relating to the WiFi driver and hardware, installed software. and turning off various settings in the Operating System. Finally, I reinstalled the Intel Chipset...
  3. WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Drops Intermittently [Solved]: My WiFi was intermittently dropping. Tried nearly all the online suggestions without success,including solutions relating to the WiFi driver and hardware, installed software. and turning off various settings in the Operating System. Finally, I reinstalled the Intel Chipset...
  4. Wifi drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal will randomly lose strength or cut off completely. It mostly happens while watching Netflix. No other device on the network has...
  5. Wifi drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal will randomly lose strength or cut off completely. It mostly happens while watching Netflix. No other device on the network has...
  6. Wifi drops intermittently

7. Wifi drops intermittently

Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, I have an Acer laptop that originally had Windows 10, and after the hard drive died last week, I had a new SSD installed with Windows 10 loaded again. Before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being 3 feet from the...
  8. intermittent Ethernet issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    intermittent Ethernet issues.: I've been having intermittent issues with my ethernet cable for the last week or so for 5-30minutes it will go down once or twice a day at that time the WIFI still works so i have to switch to it. has anyone had a similar issue and would know how to fix it submitted by...
  9. Intermittent network drops

Intermittent network drops: I have a nine month old Windows 10 notebook from HP. It has a network problem. I am still under warranty. Periodically and intermittently, it slows to a crawl. This happens especially immediately after I switch from Ethernet to WiFi, but also happens with Ethernet. Pages...
  10. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...